The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His whole introduction scene was very well done. From seeing his shadow appear behind the curtains to seeing him cutting the head off that guy (again behind the curtains). 🙌
It was. Hadn't read chapter titles and at first thought it was Black Krrsantan.

Another thing I like is Din D'jarin being a practical guy; he uses the sword instead of carrying it around like some priceless antique. But he's not dying to be king of anything; more concerned about Grogu. 👏👍

I sure hope the Mandalorian series winds up with the two of them back on the road again, leaving the royalty stuff to Bo-Katan or whoever. "A simple man, making his way through the universe". That's after hooking up with Cobb Vanth, riding a Mythosaur, and wreaking havoc with the Darksaber.😁

WTF is going on with this show?

Boba Fett sucks, new characters suck, story sucks, then comes a Mando episode out of nowhere, which puts the other 4 episodes to shame. To top it off, we get reminded of that horrific TPM movie with the N1, which might be the worst ship for a bounty hunter :lol

Then we get Terminator and Halo in the same episode :slap

Apparently a darksaber, which is a LIGHTsaber, is the heaviest sword of all time :slap

Favreau, where the F are you at? :slap

At least we got Paz being a ****. That guy needs to be in more stuff.
It's not about physical weigh, it's a worthiness thing. Think Excalibur/Sword In The Stone. Mando's being set up as a King Arthur type of character. That archetype existed before, but you get my point.

MV5BMTU5NDMwNTc0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTQ3ODUyMjI@._V1_.jpg

Also, if you keep badmouthing Mommy Bryce's episode

spider-man3-tobey-maguire.gif

It's not about physical weigh, it's a worthiness thing. Think Excalibur/Sword In The Stone. Mando's being set up as a King Arthur type of character. That archetype existed before, but you get my point.

MV5BMTU5NDMwNTc0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTQ3ODUyMjI@._V1_.jpg

Also, if you keep badmouthing Mommy Bryce's episode

spider-man3-tobey-maguire.gif

Chastain > Howard every day of the week. Chastain is worthy enough to hold my Excalibur.

590b8857-71b7-4f2d-8b55-3de92fcd3322_text.gif

Moff Gideon had no problem whipping his darksaber around.

moff-gideon.gif

moff-gideon-mandalorian.gif
Gideon had it for years, I’d imagine he at least practiced with it somewhat.

Its a sword powered by a magic space crystal. The idea of lightsabers being heavy to people that don’t have a connection to it has already been established in TCW and Rebels.

Kyber Crystals are attuned to the force, so it makes sense to me that you need to form some sort of connection to it

Gideon had it for years, I’d imagine he at least practiced with it somewhat.

Its a sword powered by a magic space crystal. The idea of lightsabers being heavy to people that don’t have a connection to it has already been established in TCW and Rebels.

Kyber Crystals are attuned to the force, so it makes sense to me that you need to form some sort of connection to it

midichlorians-z2ivp4.jpg

...imagine admitting out loud that you actually dated a Jawa, and that you have.... experience of one, as detailed by talking about their body habitus.

You would not get that out of me by waterboarding, but you do you Peli.
To be fair, you don't know what they look underneath the hoodie. They might look like Tom Cruise.

The new Clone Wars guide is still clinging to the old Boba:

F65p1h5.jpg

Maybe the showrunners are falling for that old adage that characters need to be flawed to be relatable.

He became a legend. I don't think Mando knew who Boba Fett was, and they're both in the same line of work. 😆

He became a legend. I don't think Mando knew who Boba Fett was, and they're both in the same line of work. 😆
*Shrug* Dunno all the canon and stories but Din D'jarin is supposed to be what, late 30s? So most of his life was pretty isolated with his covert and then he's wandering around alone in a fragmented post Empire world on backwater planets. By then who knows where Fett was, probably smoking dried lizard dung with the Tuskens.

Get the impression nobody cared much on the Outer Rim about the name Skywalker either. Besides can't imagine the Death Watch respected anyone outside of their code. Its not like they'd sit around chanting Boba's name.

Waiting on the HASBRO Crest. Only bummer was thinking I might want the new ship too$$$$$ :horror

I'd rather Grogu's arc be over and I hope he doesn't return. Hopefully that story line has played out.

I would much prefer Mando's story from here on out to be his own instead of being a nanny & body guard for the dumb little kid.
I might be in the minority but I love the dynamic with Grogu and hope it continues...

I might be in the minority but I love the dynamic with Grogu and hope it continues...
Thought the dynamic and Grogu serving as a catalyst for Din D'jarin to have a sea change was genius, as well as the creation and just the character of the Child. IMO it's not overdone. Lol I remember Season 1 having a meltdown wondering if Mando really was gonna leave him and cheering when Mando went for the rescue.

Pretty different than watching a lot of TBOBF, where I spend a lot of time thinking WTF.

Continuity error.....??
When first seeing the armorer, she has her tools held across the chest.
Then, she doesn't have them.
Then, to forge the spear, she opens a crate, and get the tools out of it.

Back