The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy crap I literally just watched a live-action episode of the Droids cartoon from the 80's. :lol

star-wars-droids-animated-cartoon-story-cycle-1-boba-fett-thall-joben.jpg

I just don't understand where this characterization of Boba Fett is coming from. I wasn't joking earlier - this is a lovely and kind man as presented in the first three episodes of this show - displaying nothing but commendable attributes - respect, understanding, patience, mercy, a desire to help others, affection to animals etc

So how does this line up with the Boba Fett who shot Bib Fortuna dead without any explanation at the end of Mando season 2? This Boba Fett would not have done that, he'd have let him flee with his headtails between his legs. How does it line up with the Boba Fett of the Original Trilogy? I don't see how this Boba Fett was ever a Bounty Hunter willing to work for the Empire and Jabba the Hutt. I don't understand why he decided he wanted to take over from Jabba as the head of a crime syndicate. The characterization they're going with seems more suited to law enforcement or whatever Cobb Vanth was. What's Fett's particular interest in staying on Tatooine anyway?

This is just bizarre.

If they want to salvage this they have a heck of a lot of explaining and ret-conning to do.

I have been staying away from this forum for the last week, but after watching episode 3, have some thoughts.

Hellgrammite Theory - This might NOT be original Boba Fett, but a Stormtrooper that may have been conditioned, with memories of Boba Fett implanted.

Your right...something is strange. The guy in this episode even noted to Boba that he got beat up in the street and was losing respect. That was a criticism I had...but the show is aware of this....

Interesting that in episode 1, Boba found a STORMTROOPER in the pit with him. There were no Stormtroopers on the barge.

HOWEVER, a stormtrooper might have been in a battle, and while his friends had heads put on spikes, he fell into the sarlacc pit. He escaped, either with Boba Fett armor, or that is an implanted memory. Perhaps Moff Gideon was hoping to test a procedure for transferring memories between clones, and Boba Fett/Storm troopers proved the best test of this.

This is why Boba Fett appears much older than he should be.

Felt like Spy Kids. Loving the show so far and its a welcome retreat from Mando S2's cameo-character of the week type of thing.

As for my two cents on this Fett dissonance: I think people have odd 'never-happened' memories of Fett being some hard core bad ass. It was a reputation, which doesn't make it fact. People painted this image in their head of Boba being John Wick. He is quite strong but he is clearly out of his element. He is out in the open dealing with things differently at the moment but people can't wrap their heads around the difference.

I hated Last Jedi.

There's also definitely parts of the Last Jedi that are more entertaining and feel more star wars than this garbage:

Now what was worse Canto Bight chase or this?
Cartoonish Teen Force space-vespa chase scene aside,
5zc99j.gif

lets be real nothing will ever be as horrible cringe as ....
5itgex.gif

5k5t3k.gif

Last edited:
I just burst out laughing so goddamn hard my son jumped!

Holy crap I can’t stop giggling lol
Dude I absolutely *cannot* hate something that is so hilariously bonkers. They went full live-action Droids! This show is so nuts now I don't have to worry about how "off" he felt in Episodes 1 and 2. This is CLEARLY it's own thing and watching it play out plus reading the hilarious comments here is just too freaking awesome. :lol

I'm looking at that pic of the Vespa gang above with Boba Fett in full armor marching in between them and absolutely cannot believe that I live in a world where that's even a thing. What the hell was going through TM's mind after pleading with the writers to make Fett mysterious and cool and then being forced to film that scene. Holy crap I can't stop laughing. :rotfl

Last edited:
Spoiler Spoiler:

showing up really took me out of the episode for a minute. Normally I don’t mind that kind of thing, but I think he’s just too recognizable for a cameo in Star Wars, although this could totally just be a personal reaction.
I see what you're saying, but it didn't bother me too much. At least he suited the character.

Dude I absolutely *cannot* hate something that is so hilariously bonkers. They went full live-action Droids! This show is so nuts now I don't have to worry about how "off" he felt in Episodes 1 and 2. This is CLEARLY it's own thing and watching it play out plus reading the hilarious comments here is just too freaking awesome. :lol

I'm looking at that pic of the Vespa gang above with Boba Fett in full armor marching in between them and absolutely cannot believe that I live in a world where that's even a thing. What the hell was going through TM's mind after pleading with the writers to make Fett mysterious and cool and then being forced to film that scene. Holy crap I can't stop laughing. :rotfl
Dude before I could finish your paragraph I was already giggling lol

Back