The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the link. Hopefully it will make it to Oz soon, as 4k movies seem to be much cheaper here, although so many movies released in US never seem to make it here - GRR!
I completely agree about First Contact being far and away the best of those four.
I’m in Oz and I tend to get from US because at least they include the second remastered bluray with the special features.

One of my guilty pleasures..

The Perfect Weapon 1991

Fights were brutal for the time and the end “Bond” villain death is still satisfying!

Need it in 4K

Ok I really don’t HD is good enough lol

I also need Invasion USA which > Delta Force!

Question for Khev, as he’s in the know in this department - but I’m looking for a good sound bar.

Yes, I know, true surround is the way to go. However, that is not an option.

hoping to find a bar with great sound (obviously) and maybe a sub if possible.

I know my way around audio and video but have never really dove into the sound bar market. Any help is appreciated.

Nakamichi Dragon 11.4.6 full steel wireless soundbar.

Hands down unapologetically the best ATMOS in a convenient plug and play soundbar!

Pro processors for both Dolby Atmos and DTS usually only found in receivers.

17 drivers
3 folded aluminum air motion transformer tweeters
Bipolar surrounds / surround back
ATMOS 2 upfiring at 20 degrees / 2 upfiring at 40 degrees front ATMOS channels
Rear rotating upfiring at 20 degrees ATMOS surrounds.
2 Subwoofers with individual amps and 2 8” drivers each with 15 amplifiers delivering 3000 watts of power all wireless other than the power cord of course. Can use 1, 2, 3 drivers or all 4 simultaneously. SPL 125 decibels.

Fully encompassing almost reaches professional home theater levels of quality.

$3,500

Worth every cent.

Last edited:

Hands down unapologetically the best ATMOS in a convenient plug and play soundbar!

17 drivers
Rotating upfiring at 20 degrees Surrounds ATMOS
2 Subwoofers with individual amps and 2 8” drivers each with 15 amplifiers delivering 3000 watts of power all wireless other than the power cord of course. Can use 1, 2, 3 drivers or all 4 simultaneously. SPL 125 decibels.

$3,500

Worth every cent.
Sub on the side or unnecessary?

Question for Khev, as he’s in the know in this department - but I’m looking for a good sound bar.

Yes, I know, true surround is the way to go. However, that is not an option.

hoping to find a bar with great sound (obviously) and maybe a sub if possible.

I know my way around audio and video but have never really dove into the sound bar market. Any help is appreciated.
I'm a pipsqueak when it comes to home a/v knowledge compared to jye so definitely listen to him.

I've still got a Samsung soundbar that I picked up in 2014 that I'm happy with but I'm sure it's nothing compared to what's available today.

17 drivers
Rear rotating upfiring at 20 degrees ATMOS surrounds.

$3,500

Worth every cent.
I'm a pipsqueak when it comes to home a/v knowledge compared to jye so definitely listen to him.

I've still got a Samsung soundbar that I picked up in 2014 that I'm happy with but I'm sure it's nothing compared to what's available today.

I might have meant Jye.

As nice as this top sound bar sounds, pretty sure the boss isn’t letting me have this type of allowance.

What else we got?

I couldn't help but notice that with Superman 2 on 4k, rather than give us both in one set, they're releasing the theatrical version and the Richard Donner cut separately (GRR!):
https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/superman-ii-1980-4k-ultra-hdhttps://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/superman-ii-richard-donner-cut-1980-4k-ultra-hd
The box set has only been announced for certain regions like US UK. Not Australia yet but hopefully.

Even on bluray the two versions were kept separate.

DA258FC7-351C-490A-A58F-D18E283B3208.jpeg

A couple of further points about the Superman box set from Digital Bits:

Superman: The Movie 4K utilizes the same video master as the 2018 UHD but now includes the original theatrial audio mix (Comment: We believe this is in DTS-HD MA format now, where as the 2018 4K offered it in 48/24 Dolby Digital. –BH). 2)
Superman: The Movie includes Dolby Vision HDR while the sequels include only HDR10. All have Dolby Atmos.
No single-film 4K SKUs are currently planned in the US.

Back