The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love and appreciate Bill Hunt at the Digital Bits just like everyone else but someone really needs to point out the irony on his misspelling lol

5282B03C-5232-4912-890E-8920778BA2C5.jpeg

Re RoboCop the standard edition only has the DC in 4K , the limited edition has both versions on separate 4K discs.
View attachment 619531

They are working on most of Eastwood’s back catalog including these atm

Yes please

I don’t think I even have a bluray of this

Also, all these are must for me on physical 4K:
Adventures Of Robin Hood 38
Ben-Hur
Physical 4k of Die Hard 2 and 3
Fight Club (pretty sure the Fincher films are coming out this year)
Se7en
All of the Bond films on a physical 4K box set
JFK
LA Confidential
North by Northwest
Once Upon A Time In America
Once Upon A Time In The West (pretty sure this is being worked on)
Planet Of The Apes 68
The Princess Bride
Rio Bravo
The Rocketeer
Romancing The Stone
The Searchers
Seven Samurai
The Social Network
Zodiac
Oh yeah I forgot Seven (that’s in the works I believe)

LA Confidential would be great

The Die Hard films.. I personally only want LFODH unrated on 4k. Never been a huge fan of 3 and 2 is just bad IMO. Was there a fifth one??

Bond films… Oh please no.. I don’t need to buy them all yet again :lol

:lol

Sometimes the pic quality is pretty decent but man the audio leaves much to be desired.

Jye you sold off most of your movies didn’t you??
I did but I didn’t sell a single one I gifted out something like 800 separate bluray/4k discs and i’m counting box sets as a single number :horror

I kept my most precious 125 discs and the MCU steelbooks up to EG are part of that 125.

Now I own those 800 in digital form only.

I would never get rid of those 125 discs though but I won’t add to them either….well not entirely true….

For instance I love TGM BUT digital was good enough because the movie was bright but with The Batman I did have to buy the disc because the movie is dark.

I will obviously replace a 4K when 16K becomes a thing lol

But I will never own 800 + physical media ever again.

Oh yeah I forgot Seven (that’s in the works I believe)

LA Confidential would be great

The Die Hard films.. I personally only want LFODH unrated on 4k. Never been a huge fan of 3 and 2 is just bad IMO. Was there a fifth one??
A Good Day To Die Hard, never seen it, never want to see it :)

Bond films… Oh please no.. I don’t need to buy them all yet again :lol
My son wouldn’t forgive me if I didn’t

I did but I didn’t sell a single one I gifted out something like 800 separate bluray/4k discs and i’m counting box sets as a single number :horror

I kept my most precious 125 discs and the MCU steelbooks up to EG are part of that 125.

Now I own those 800 in digital form only.

I would never get rid of those 125 discs though but I won’t add to them either….well not entirely true….

For instance I love TGM BUT digital was good enough because the movie was bright but with The Batman I did have to buy the disc because the movie is dark.

I will obviously replace a 4K when 16K becomes a thing lol

But I will never own 800 + physical media ever again.
That’s great restraint. I’m not capable of that. I’ve got an insane amount of physical media and constantly tell myself “it’s for archival purposes” lol. But I have been regularly boxing up doubles and giving them to my brother in law who has an equally lavish collection. So I’ve completely lost track of how many I actually have now. I rent digital but will never ever buy it.

Latest on the 70s-80s Superman films:

Warner Bros. Discovery Home Entertainment will be releasing the rest of the Christopher Reeve Superman films on 4K Ultra HD this year. We now have an anticipated street date, which is 4/18. Look for a Superman: 5-Film Collection box set that includes the original Superman: The Movie (already available in 4K), along with Superman II, Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut, Superman III, and Superman IV: The Quest for Peace. The two versions of Superman IIwill be included on separate discs. The set will not include Bryan Singer’s Superman Returns(2006) and note that there are no plans to release that film in 4K at least this year that we’re currently aware of.

Latest on the 70s-80s Superman films:

Warner Bros. Discovery Home Entertainment will be releasing the rest of the Christopher Reeve Superman films on 4K Ultra HD this year. We now have an anticipated street date, which is 4/18. Look for a Superman: 5-Film Collection box set that includes the original Superman: The Movie (already available in 4K), along with Superman II, Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut, Superman III, and Superman IV: The Quest for Peace. The two versions of Superman IIwill be included on separate discs. The set will not include Bryan Singer’s Superman Returns(2006) and note that there are no plans to release that film in 4K at least this year that we’re currently aware of.
Wait so no Superman 1 Special Edition!!!

If not then a big FAIL!!!

Wait so no Superman 1 Special Edition!!!

If not then a big FAIL!!!
Good point. I missed that. I’ll try and clarify with them. They released it on bluray eventually by itself and not on the box. Maybe it’s one of those things that has extra legal hurdles or they are not allowed to release it in the box.

6F12A089-B754-42F6-8080-9B57BC96FDA4.jpeg

What happens in the special edition? I mean besides Luthor spraying fire at Supes in the tunnel.
Mostly a ton of extensions to existing scenes. More Ned Beatty silliness, more of the cameos on the train, more council, more during the earthquake finale. There are a lot of little bits. Prefer the theatrical for pacing reasons but this version is still important for historical and nostalgic reasons.

Mostly a ton of extensions to existing scenes. More Ned Beatty silliness, more of the cameos on the train, more council, more during the earthquake finale. There are a lot of little bits. Prefer the theatrical for pacing reasons but this version is still important for historical and nostalgic reasons.

More Ned not a good thing. I do love Hackman though; more of him would be good.

It's funny, I used to think he was pretty silly and belonged in the Batman TV series, but in hindsight, Hackman is better and more threatening than any movie Luthor since.

More Ned not a good thing. I do love Hackman though; more of him would be good.

It's funny, I used to think he was pretty silly and belonged in the Batman TV series, but in hindsight, Hackman is better and more threatening than any movie Luthor since.
Always loved Hackman (and even Beatty’s silliness i will admit) in the role. I grew up on the silly era of Superman comics so it felt right to me at the time. But yes Hackman straddles the line between broad and threatening very well.

Movie that absolutely benefited from extended cut:

LOTR
Superman 1
Superman 2
Aliens (depends if you think early colony reveal removes the suspense for me it doesn’t)
Daredevil
Commando (never seen such few seconds add so much character building like it does here)
Fantastic Four part 1
Ghost Rider 1
Spiderman 2.1 (Raimi)
Troy

T2

:chase

Movie that absolutely benefited from extended cut:

LOTR
Superman 1
Superman 2
Aliens (depends if you think early colony reveal removes the suspense for me it doesn’t)
Daredevil
Commando (never seen such few seconds add so much character building like it does here)
Fantastic Four part 1
Ghost Rider 1
Spiderman 2.1 (Raimi)
Troy

T2

:chase
I agree with those but you forgot the 2004 Punisher as well

Back