The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that the Hobbit films aren't loved around here but all three extended cuts are superior especially the R-rated BOTFA. :yess:

I'll add Avatar SE to the list, the aerial hunting sequence is awesome.

I also bought the extended NWH when you mentioned it was on sale and quite liked that one too.

Edit: Ooh Alien 3 work print is another big one.

I know that the Hobbit films aren't loved around here but all three extended cuts are superior especially the R-rated BOTFA. :yess:

I also bought the extended NWH when you mentioned it was on sale and quite liked that one too.

Absolutely with all of those.

I really need to think my lists thru before hitting submit lol

I had never watched The Hobbit films (I know, shocking) but I watched the first one (extended) last night and was really surprised how much I loved it. McKellan is great of course, and Freeman and Armitage are terrific. I think rewatching the LotR trilogy plus Inart really put the fire back into those characters and stories for me.

Haven’t seen it but I’ve heard the longer Kingdom Of Heaven is great as well.

I do love Hackman though; more of him would be good.

It's funny, I used to think he was pretty silly and belonged in the Batman TV series, but in hindsight, Hackman is better and more threatening than any movie Luthor since.
Speaking of I see that he turned 93 today, damn!

hackman.jpg

https://thedigitalbits.com/columns/my-two-cents/020123-0845
Paramount Home Entertainment has just officially announced the Blu-ray, 4K Ultra HD, and Limited Edition 4K UHD Steelbook release of Matthew Robbins’ Dragonslayer (1981) on 3/21!

All three will include a new audio commentary with Robbins joined by filmmaker Guillermo del Toro, rare Screen Test footage, 6 all-new documentary featurettes (including The Slayer of All Dragons, Welcome to Cragganmore, A Long Way to Urland, Vermithrax Pejorative, Into the Lake of Fire, and The Final Battle), as well as the film’s original theatrical trailer.

All will include a Digital Copy code, along with object-based/lossless Dolby Atmos sound. The 4Ks will add Dolby Vision HDR as well.

F7545CC2-705D-4AE5-9213-00318927F7D7.jpeg

Good review of the new 4K of The Magnificent Seven (1960)

https://thedigitalbits.com/item/magnificent-seven-1960-uhd-2023
Also more detail on the Rocky box set from Digital Bits:

We’ve learned that the 4K discs will include both 5.1 surround and “original theatrical audio” in DTS format (we presume this to be DTS-HD Master Audio).

The 4K discs themselves include only audio commentaries—all of the other extras in the 4K set are going to be included on the BD bonus disc, among them special features related to Rocky and the recent The Making of Rocky vs. Dragon documentary.

The Rocky IV UHD disc includes both the Theatrical Cut and the new Director’s Cut of the film in actual 4K—they’re included on the same disc.

The Blu-rays in the Best Buy-exclusive single-film Steelbook 4K SKUs are the existing Blu-ray discs—they’re not remastered from the new 4K master. That means those will carry over the previous extras. But again, these Blu-rays are not remastered.

And finally, there are no official details on the 4K release of Rocky V and Rocky Balboa at this time. (However, our own sources have confirmed that Sylvester Stallone is working on a new director’s cut of Rocky Balboa, so they’re likely to follow in 4K at a later date.)

Good review of the new 4K of The Magnificent Seven (1960)

https://thedigitalbits.com/item/magnificent-seven-1960-uhd-2023
Also more detail on the Rocky box set from Digital Bits:

We’ve learned that the 4K discs will include both 5.1 surround and “original theatrical audio” in DTS format (we presume this to be DTS-HD Master Audio).

The 4K discs themselves include only audio commentaries—all of the other extras in the 4K set are going to be included on the BD bonus disc, among them special features related to Rocky and the recent The Making of Rocky vs. Dragon documentary.

The Rocky IV UHD disc includes both the Theatrical Cut and the new Director’s Cut of the film in actual 4K—they’re included on the same disc.

The Blu-rays in the Best Buy-exclusive single-film Steelbook 4K SKUs are the existing Blu-ray discs—they’re not remastered from the new 4K master. That means those will carry over the previous extras. But again, these Blu-rays are not remastered.

And finally, there are no official details on the 4K release of Rocky V and Rocky Balboa at this time. (However, our own sources have confirmed that Sylvester Stallone is working on a new director’s cut of Rocky Balboa, so they’re likely to follow in 4K at a later date.)

So what about the blu's in the actual box set.
Any indication that they will be from the remaster?

Wait wait wait WB really thinks there was a demand for Superman 4 in 4K or even Superman 3 for that matter.

I know WB is hurting for money but holy crap do they really expect fans to fork out that kind of money for SUPERMAN 4!!!

SUPERMAN 4!!!LOL

That listing is also pretty confusing I see Superman 2 Donner Cut but I don’t see Superman 1 Special Edition listed am I missing something?

Wait wait wait WB really thinks there was a demand for Superman 4 in 4K or even Superman 3 for that matter.

I know WB is hurting for money but holy crap do they really expect fans to fork out that kind of money for SUPERMAN 4!!!

SUPERMAN 4!!!LOL

That listing is also pretty confusing I see Superman 2 Donner Cut but I don’t see Superman 1 Special Edition listed am I missing something?
No Superman 1 longer version I don’t believe, only the RC cut of Superman 2.
Which I think is the exact same for every previous Superman box set.
Let it sink in that Superman IV will soon be on 4K but not ALIENS, Terminator, CTB...
Because JC has been busy :) Warner can do what they want with these Superman films.
Obviously they sell because they upgrade the set with every new home video format.

View attachment 624715
Star Trek: The Next Generation – 4-Movie Collection box set out on 4/4
4K UHD and remastered Blu-ray

4Ks will include both Dolby Vision and HDR10 high dynamic range, with audio in 7.1 Dolby TrueHD format
Hopefully they'll release them individually like with the original movies, as I only want First Contact.

Back