The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Avengers: Discussion Thread

Since I don't read comics and don't know the story line behind The Avengers, did they have just certain members at first then recruit other member over time?

Originally it was: Ant-Man, Wasp, Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, and The Hulk.

Then they added a bunch of members

Im going on record saying the Avengers movies better be one of the best movies ever made and it must be longer than 2 hours. Im expecting LOTR calibur from the Avengers movies. I dont want fun I want to be amazed and in awe watching this movie.
P.S. I know that will never happen but it will be just a plain entertaining movie.

ok, here's my predictions about the Avengers movie. There are 2, one is good the other bad. 1st the bad.

Due to the on going lame scripts & lazy directing that has been pleagueing Marvel lately I really don't see Avengers excceding past the 3.75 star mark. I could be wrong & will give the movie a fair shake like I do all films. But its my prediction both writers & director will end up painting them selves in several corners & reach for a crutch to get out. This will most likely been in the form of too many characters on screen to the point none of them have any real arch to their characters or any relavance to plot progression. A prime example of this "crutch effect" can be seen in Smallville. The rateing were going the route of ENRON & the show couldn't "hide" its failing rateing for much longer. So they reached for a couple of DC suport characters. Low & behold the Producers were blown away by the rateings. But like any junkie they just couldn't stay away. they kept dipping in the "JSA well" & before long the show was so far off track their was no going back.

Ok, now the good. Avengers will do far better in the team movie dept than DC could ever hope to do. So with that in mind Marvel won't have any real competition in the team hero dept.

Im going on record saying the Avengers movies better be one of the best movies ever made and it must be longer than 2 hours. Im expecting LOTR calibur from the Avengers movies. I dont want fun I want to be amazed and in awe watching this movie.
P.S. I know that will never happen but it will be just a plain entertaining movie.

It's gonna have major hype, great fx and decent acting from the cast and build up to the typical Marvel Movies 45 second battle with the bad guy, roll credits.

It's gonna have major hype, great fx and decent acting from the cast and build up to the typical Marvel Movies 45 second battle with the bad guy, roll credits.

Lol. I'm getting my flame suit on, but Im gonna say it right now that no matter how good it is we'll still be let down. I'm terrified that it'll end up a name-dropping cameo fest so the studios can pump out more solo movies.

Since I don't read comics and don't know the story line behind The Avengers, did they have just certain members at first then recruit other member over time?

Originally it was: Ant-Man, Wasp, Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, and The Hulk.

Then they added a bunch of members

Then maybe that's who they should start with.

I think that's what they are going to start with. Don't know if Wasp will be in Ant-Man though, but she probably will

hulk never was a villian after he got kicked out of the avengers. ant-man & wasp joined after that

I'm pretty sure Wasp is going to be in it... wasn't Eva Longoria talking about auditioning/seen at Marvel Studios?

What's happening regarding the Ant Man movie ? Is Edgar Wright still involved ? Things have gone rather quiet on that front and as far as I know Ant Man's name doesn't get a mention when the Avengers movie is talked about .:pray:

I'm pretty sure Wasp is going to be in it... wasn't Eva Longoria talking about auditioning/seen at Marvel Studios?
:monkey4 Ugh, God no, please!!

I'd rather someone like Kristen Kreuk, who is actually pretty and resembles Wasp (little and cute) play her.

Originally it was: Ant-Man, Wasp, Thor, Iron Man, Captain America, and The Hulk. Then they added a bunch of members

This is actually inaccurate...slightly. It began as Ant-Man, Wasp, Thor, Iron Man and The Hulk.

avengers-1.jpg

Captain America didn't join the team until Issue #4, Hulk left by Issue #3. Captain America is also given "founding member" status in the Hulk's place.

hulk never was a villian after he got kicked out of the avengers. ant-man & wasp joined after that

Hulk was NEVER kicked out. The Hulk leaves once he realizes how much the others fear his unstable personality after Loki tricks him in Issue #1 in hopes to bate out Thor.

Wasp will be in it according to Kevin Feige but no one has been casted Longoria did meet with them but that was about a year ago with nothing coming of it so I would assume no. Jeremy Renner was supposedly up for Hawkeye as well but nothing official has come of that too.

any chance Kevin could be a mutant or something? considering they are doing a dazzler movie and ka-zar movie, marvel studios has the rights to some muties right? and that fits the description of the character never being part of shield or avengers...

Well the report already has him confirmed as a SHIELD member so I'd look in that universe. Marvel Studios doesn't have the rights to anything they've signed away but they've said to both Sony and Fox no new characters not included in that agreement. So I really don't know how many muties that involves but it doesn't involve all of them I'm sure.

This is actually inaccurate...slightly. It began as Ant-Man, Wasp, Thor, Iron Man and The Hulk.

avengers-1.jpg

Captain America didn't join the team until Issue #4, Hulk left by Issue #3. Captain America is also given "founding member" status in the Hulk's place.

Hulk was NEVER kicked out. The Hulk leaves once he realizes how much the others fear his unstable personality after Loki tricks him in Issue #1 in hopes to bate out Thor.

Wasp will be in it according to Kevin Feige but no one has been casted Longoria did meet with them but that was about a year ago with nothing coming of it so I would assume no. Jeremy Renner was supposedly up for Hawkeye as well but nothing official has come of that too.

I didn't want to make it too complicated and just summarized it for film purposes. But seeing as though Hulk, IM, Cap, Thor, Ant-Man films are in the works, assumed they were going to be The Avengers

Well the report already has him confirmed as a SHIELD member so I'd look in that universe. Marvel Studios doesn't have the rights to anything they've signed away but they've said to both Sony and Fox no new characters not included in that agreement. So I really don't know how many muties that involves but it doesn't involve all of them I'm sure.

That could be really interesting if they did make him a mutant (or really anyone in the cast) that FOX didn't have the rights to. On top of that a SHIELD agent or an Avenger as well?

I hope they can put Scarlet Witch in, she'd be cool to see on screen!

Back