The Avengers: The Motion Picture Discussion Thread- Open SPOILERS -enter at own risk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Avengers: Discussion Thread

TheAvengers60s.jpg

I always liked Mrs. Peel the best... oh wait... wrong Avengers... nevermind... :D

They could do full Hulk or have Banner in the shadows never talking, never really seen. There are ways around having Norton in it but most fans probably want him there, myself included.

They could do full Hulk or have Banner in the shadows never talking, never really seen. There are ways around having Norton in it but most fans probably want him there, myself included.

I see what you did there... :rotfl

They're doing a Ka-Zar movie? That's even worse than doing an Ant Man movie...

What studio is doing Iron Fist?

Ah good. I don't know much about Iron Fist, but I like the idea of Marvel doing the bulk of their own heroes movies. A. it gives us crossover, which as comic book nerds we all love, and B. so far their movies seem superior to the other studios Marvel movies.

I would like to see Hulk as the bad guy for the first part fo the movie, and then Banner gets things under control and ehlps out in the second part. But if Norton isn't on board I think Hulk will be the bad guy the whole time.

Who the ____ is Iron Fist?

Hey Marvel, save the money your gonna spend on Ant Man, Iron Fist, or whatever other Abercrombie thing your doing and give Norton whatever he asks for the Avengers ok? Thanks alot.

ironfistcomicbook.jpg

Seems like he could be in the Avengers as a minor Avenger or Shield member.

Who the ____ is Iron Fist?

Hey Marvel, save the money your gonna spend on Ant Man, Iron Fist, or whatever other Abercrombie thing your doing and give Norton whatever he asks for the Avengers ok? Thanks alot.

Say what now? I would MUCH prefer Ant Man and Iron Fist be in the movie then worry about Norton as Bruce Banner! More Any Man then Iron Fist, but still...

Norton is a great actor, but I wouldnt say he NAILED Bruce Banner. Robert Downey Jr NAILED Tony Stark. Christopher Reeves NAILED Superman/Clark Kent, Christian Bale NAILED Bruce Wayne. Hugh Jackman NAILED wolverine. Patrick Stewert NAILED proffessor X, Heath Ledger NAILED the Joker.

I wont forever think of Bruce Banner as Ed Norton, or vica versa. So why spend the bucks on an actor that doesnt really bring anything special to the character? :dunno

Say what now? I would MUCH prefer Ant Man and Iron Fist be in the movie then worry about Norton as Bruce Banner! More Any Man then Iron Fist, but still...

Norton is a great actor, but I wouldnt say he NAILED Bruce Banner. Robert Downey Jr NAILED Tony Stark. Christopher Reeves NAILED Superman/Clark Kent, Christian Bale NAILED Bruce Wayne. Hugh Jackman NAILED wolverine. Patrick Stewert NAILED proffessor X, Heath Ledger NAILED the Joker.

I wont forever think of Bruce Banner as Ed Norton, or vica versa. So why spend the bucks on an actor that doesnt really bring anything special to the character? :dunno

Why throw more and more crap into the mix and make it Xmen 3.

We already have Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Captain America, Nick Fury, War Machine, Black Widow, plus maybe Bucky, Agent Coulson, possibly Betty Ross, General Ross, and whatever other bad guys and other supporting characters. How long do you think the movies going to be? Its not a weekly tv show like Superhero squad.

Call me crazy but I'd rather see them all act well togeather in a good story then just fly around and do neat superpower things like Antman trying to be squeezed in.

Marvel are going way the hell out of theyre way to connect all these movies, to lose not a supporting, but a LEADING actor, would be outright stupid. Especially someone as talented as Norton.

Its like saying they could do without RDJ because they could just always keep him in the armor.

The simple fact is the writing and story will suffer from trying to make sure everyone gets to do theyre cool superhero move onscreen at some point.

Last edited:

I doubt War Machine will be in it. Maybe Rhodey as a small cameo or something. And I don't think Widow will play a big part either, probably about as big of a part as she did in IM. I agree though that IM, Thor, Cap and Hulk are enough of a team. But I also think they can make Hulk the bad guy, only show him in Hulk form and introduce another character.

Back