The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-Man: The Reboot!

:lol ..and i was surprised that peter could make the costume form the first 3 movies by himself ..how on earth could some teen just make a suit like that?, unless he got super tailoring skills along with the spider stuff.

If they're going by the Ultimate storyline, the suit is made from modified wrestling tights, which he received during his wrestling "career".

I think/hope they just gloss over the whole origin and making the suit thing though.

I will say this, while it's on my mind. The first ever pic reveal of the Spider-Man suit was so much sweeter than this one,

spider-man_2002_cropped_crouch.jpg

I remember being so excited and couldn't wait to see that in action.

Me too, but when the movie came out, the blue ended up being way darker than that, and he barely wore the mask at all. :monkey2

I don't remember him taking his mask off too many times in the first one. In the second, yeah but in the first I think he takes it off once when he's going back into his apartment for the thanksgiving dinner.

Spider-Man 3 was the worst offender for him not wearing the Mask, and when he was wearing it Rami had it damaged so you could see his face. It's one of the many reasons I hate that movie so much

IM not sure why people are comparing the reboot suit with ultimate suit. The ulitmate suit looks same as classic suit. It just in the ultimate universe Spider man is a very young Peter Parker, and he lives more in a modern world (ie works as web admin for daily bugle)

IM not sure why people are comparing the reboot suit with ultimate suit. The ulitmate suit looks same as classic suit. It just in the ultimate universe Spider man is a very young Peter Parker, and he lives more in a modern world (ie works as web admin for daily bugle)

The comparisons stem from Garfield's lanky figure and modern look, not the suit, methinks.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Everyone, hold your horses, maybe this is not the final suit in the movie? If this is a reboot, there must be a scene where he made a homemade suit for the wrestling match and maybe this is the homemade suit? That might explain the bag he is carrying on his shoulder. Maybe this is the scene after he confronted Ben's killer.

i am hoping this is the answer,
it looks as though the spider was smudged off with a hand or something.

Looks like they used a used basketball to make the surface of the suit. Especially on the upper left shoulder.
dibujoij.jpg

The webbing has been jet black for a lot Spider-man incarnations, and if the red and blue is smeared in some sort of black substance like in this picture, of course it's going to be hard to see the webbing.

Your honestly telling me you can't see the Red and blue covered in black stuff?
It looks like some sort of acid damage to me

Well the black is just damage to the suit, and its not a lot of damage to the suit...not enough that the webbing is hard to see. You can clearly see the webbing but now its become part of the suit design, its not ontop of the suit its sort of carved in so it makes the webbing hard to seperate from the rest of the suit. Maybe if the webbing lines were thicker and the black hexagonal texture was turned down a notch, then yeah you can see the webbing better....also theres a lot going on in the suit design wise...its quite detailed (which makes you wonder how the hell Peter Parker was able to make such a suit)....

:lol

No

Google.

:peace

Yeah if you look at my other post I said I tried to google Ultimate Spiderman but all that came up was screenshots of the video game....I now have gone back and seen images off the comic book and the only difference I can see is that the "Ultimate" Spiderman has the physique of the new Spiderman (Andrew Garfield) but the costume design of the old Spiderman films (Tobey Maguire) so I don't know why people are calling the new Spiderman costume the "Ultimate" Spiderman ???

Ultimate Spidey apparently has much larger eyes than Spidey is typically given, though that could be a McFarlane-esque, stylistic decision instead of an actual difference in the costume.

Folks are expecting Ultimates influences in general because, from what I've gathered here, the film is supposedly influenced by those stories.

maybe its just me but i like my super heroes the way i remember them growing up, in their original costumes...especially spidey

i mean certain characters have room to make changes like ironman but when to comes to people with very specific costumes they should stay the way they used to be...imo

The deep black lines that always represented a spider web look instead like contour lines on this suit. The smaller bumps make the suit look almost CG even though this is a photo.

I don't dislike the design, but I understand what some people are driving at. I'll wait until I see it on screen to decide. It's still got most of the basics. But it does make the actor look super skinny.

The new Spidey costume kind of reminds me of the Spawn costume used in the live action movie. Texturally, anyways.

My favorite Ultimate Spidey storyline has been "The Sinister Six". It would be great if they mapped out a three or four movie story arc that led to an adaptation of that story. It would make a great finale for Andrew Garfield.

I like the look of it much better than the last one. This kid seems more the part to me also.

Back