The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man

crap this looks like a remake of the first movie...they're just rehashing the origin story, and replacing green goblin and mj with lizard and gwen...lame

when will hollywood do something ORIGINAL???

man...is marvel leaking these one purpose? :lol The Avengers and Spider Man! Those are some big deal movies!

Actually just saw it in the post above... Wouldn't load before weird... Cool trailer, can wait to see it in better quality!

I hope that Mirrors Edge-styled CGI first person sprint was for the trailer only!

though i was hoping for less cgi this time, the spidey pov is there for only 1 reason, its gonna be BLOODY AWESOME ON IMAX 3D

Looks like they're trying to make it dark and edgy judging by the teaser. It looks alright, I thought the Spidey POV was ____ though. Once it got to that it all looked like fake CGI video game crap.

Once it got to that it all looked like fake CGI video game crap.

Yeah it was alright. I liked the web shot though, was indeed cool. Think that stuff might be meant for IMAX/3D. Rest of the trailer was pretty slick. (was that Lizard language i heard?)

I guess I'm the only one that liked the POV stuff. It reminded of the 70's Spidey tv show that had a lot of vertigo inducing POV shots.

It was OK... not too thrilled by the POV either... I agree it made it look like a Video Game...

Don't know if want.

picture-7.png

"Screw you guys. I'm going home."

:lol

:lol

I might get hyped once we get a trailer which isn't a bootleg.

I couldn't see half of anything.

Was Lizard in it or whomever is the bad guy? :lol

I guess I'm the only one that liked the POV stuff. It reminded of the 70's Spidey tv show that had a lot of vertigo inducing POV shots.

I liked it. :wave

I loved the weighted feeling of the web shot as was pointed out on a spidey forum i visit.

Anyways, some will like that some won't. Trailer overall felt more real to me than the raimi films so far. I'm super excited. (only thing i don't care for is origin PT2, but like was said, if it leads to more emotional storytelling and i actually care for the characters this time i'll be all for it)

"Everything is proceeding as i have foreseen"

(was that Lizard language i heard?)

Yeah, sounded like it.

I'm also not sure how I feel about them going back far enough to see Parker at a young age with his parents. I was getting a Harry Potter vibe from it and I ____ing hate Harry Potter. I've never really cared for the "oh your parents are secret agents that died in a plane crash on a mission!" angle. I know it's prevalent in some of the comics and USM but I always preferred not focusing on them and sticking with Uncle Ben and Aunt May.

Lets keep in mind that the first Spider-Man had this same concept originally. In the early scripts and the novel they had Peter's parents leaving and a young Uncle Ben and Aunt May. I think they even went as far as casting a kid Peter Parker. They also had the web shooters. I wonder if they're using abandoned concepts from the first?

Anyway, I guess I should be open to the idea. Atleast it's something new and fresh and not a rehash of things done before but maybe that's why they were scrapped concepts in the first place?

Any links to the vid please?

Can't find one still around on the tube.

EDIT: found one, liking what I am seeing. I actually loved the POV at the end.

Anyway, I guess I should be open to the idea. Atleast it's something new and fresh and not a rehash of things done before but maybe that's why they were scrapped concepts in the first place?

Thats really all we can hope for. And then the fact that they move on quickly from the origin and to the new story's (which is what i suspect what will happen) I know they want to distance themselves from the other trilogy, and that's great. But from them consulting Bendis etc.; i think they have new plans for a new trilogy that will deliver something Spider-Man that feels more real if that makes sense.

(gonna be a wait and see game)

I like where they are going so far. If this is a "tease" to come, i think all SM fans have something to look forward to.

Back