The Amazing Spider-Man - OPEN SPOILERS NOW

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Might be a good movie... but I don't know what their reasoning was for his suit... over-designed mess.

For those who already have this in hand: I keep seeing a ridge line on the top of this mask is this the stitching of the mask? How prominent is it?

The mask is adjustable so you can futz with it so the seam doesn't show as much,
it's only going to bother you if you look directly at it, to be honest, once you have it your hand the mask and head have such a texture and presence to it, it really doesn't stick out as much as everyone thinks it does.

The mask is adjustable so you can futz with it so the seam doesn't show as much,
it's only going to bother you if you look directly at it, to be honest, once you have it your hand the mask and head have such a texture and presence to it, it really doesn't stick out as much as everyone thinks it does.

id agree with this ,its really not that noticeable in hand ,the main thing ive noticed with mine is ,it has a sheen ,for want of a better word ,on the blue parts,mainly on the legs ,its a bronzeish coulor ,and it changes in the light ,a bit like shot silk or as it was sometimes refered to as tonic ,the material that pants were made of in the late 1960s and early 1970s ,i didnt notice it in anyones photos ,so just wondered ,mine also has a low slung crotch ,like when the put they boots on they streched the body suit down too far ,it means if you pose him legs together he has a camel toe going on ,not a gripe ,just a observation :wink1:overall hes fantastic and im realy glad to have him

id agree with this ,its really not that noticeable in hand ,the main thing ive noticed with mine is ,it has a sheen ,for want of a better word ,on the blue parts,mainly on the legs ,its a bronzeish coulor ,and it changes in the light ,a bit like shot silk or as it was sometimes refered to as tonic ,the material that pants were made of in the late 1960s and early 1970s ,i didnt notice it in anyones photos ,so just wondered ,mine also has a low slung crotch ,like when the put they boots on they streched the body suit down too far ,it means if you pose him legs together he has a camel toe going on ,not a gripe ,just a observation :wink1:overall hes fantastic and im realy glad to have him

I feel that the sheen (which I forgot to mention in my review) has as you say a silk screen texture to it and I would guess it was added to the fabric to accent the blue parts more vividly to the light, I think because of this, it's hard to capture this image on a camera because it blends into the light when using a camera flash, To me, it's a nice touch, because it gives the outfit a more rugged or worn out feel to it.

The pants I believe were sewn low like that to ease the flexibility of the hip and leg joints for more leverage to create more bendable poses without stretching or pulling the fabric from the sewn on boots, to avoid tearing from the peak of the boots, up to the legs. The sacrifice is the camel toe appearance, but it works to the posability of the figure.

Last edited:

Only thing i dislike about the new Spidey design is the boots, the suit looks pretty good IMO , i like the blue and uhh..he does have a web pattern.

The bit I dislike about the suit, is the dark patch around the crotch. Looks like he pissed his self.

Thanks, guys! I wasn't sure it was the seam at first. I am still debating getting the figure but this may be the only chance of getting a comic book based screen accurate costume.

The new costume is almost passable for me, although I noticed the basketball texture, too. I noticed that they don't show shots of the most unflattering part, at least for me, of their design; the front abs section to the crotch.

spider-man-movie-image-set-photo-costume-03.jpg

The suit has some merit.. the head part looks alright, & I actually dig the spider symbol. I just feel it's way too much of a departure from the way he's always looked to most people, so the design change is jarring.

I am really looking forward to the film though. :)

Re: The Amazing Spider-Man

i hope this Spiderman works out. I just worry they are going to get too campy again with it. I only saw #1&#2 with Tobey and they are pretty awful. #3 was on TV yesterday and i had to shut it off. it was just so bad. Even the effects just looked terrible.

Thanks, guys! I wasn't sure it was the seam at first. I am still debating getting the figure but this may be the only chance of getting a comic book based screen accurate costume.

The new costume is almost passable for me, although I noticed the basketball texture, too. I noticed that they don't show shots of the most unflattering part, at least for me, of their design; the front abs section to the crotch.

spider-man-movie-image-set-photo-costume-03.jpg

Yeah don't understand the reasoning in the dark (cough, cough) piece of the suit. Well at least we didn't have nipples on the suit, we all know that idea didn't work on another superhero movie before, if you know what I mean :slap :cuckoo:

Well, if Lizard wasnt shoehorned into the script at the last minute...then it should be fine.

i dont mind a new origin story but i do mind if they cram in too many villains in this one

Back