The All Things THE DEAD Thread (read)- BRAINSSSSS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KD thats 100x times better :rock Why can't SS paint theirs like that?

On another note...Will we see a blonde tonight?

Last edited:
Thnx Cloud. It was fun and only took about 15 minutes. I will probably be adding more blood here and there, but overall I think she looks much better with added blood.

I've said before that I don't usually go for adding tons of blood to The Dead as it detracts from the great sculpts, but you're showing how to do this right KD and add to the figure rather than obscure it in red. The splatter on her face is great and I love how you kept the blood mainly on her left side. I love seeing those exposed teeth in the sculpt.

Only suggestions I'd make is thin down the paint and let it soak into the clothes a bit and maybe go over the details in the face wound with a wash of slightly darker red. Awesome job!

Thnx Cloud. It was fun and only took about 15 minutes. I will probably be adding more blood here and there, but overall I think she looks much better with added blood.

IMO, nothing more really needs to be added, you did a fine job really. It looks as if she really was viciously attacked by another 'Subject'. Problem with SS is that they leave their zombies a bit too "clean".

Last edited:
IMO, nothing more really needs to be added, you did a fine job really. It looks as if she really was viciously attacked by another 'Subject'.

I think you are right, looking at here again she looks fine. No need to over do it.

Only suggestions I'd make is thin down the paint and let it soak into the clothes a bit and maybe go over the details in the face wound with a wash of slightly darker red. Awesome job!

I have done the watered down blood before and I dont really like the look, I have seen blood soaked clothes before and laying it on heavy and not watered down looks a bit more realistic, IMO.

Thnx for the comments guys.

That's cool. :duff

She looks great. Your custom makes me want to get one to open and repaint and I'm already getting 3 diff Babysitters to keep MIB.

KD: did you ever repaint 805/greeny?

No, he went out to Josh for a professional paint job. I didnt think adding blood could salvage it, so I sent it to Josh to match the prototype paint apps.

He is currently headless and armless :lol

king strikes again in great zombie fashion !!!!!!!!!!!!!! you took what you learned with the dead ornament and applied to the babysitter huh? great job..................dammit i want mine even more now.....:tap. monday, monday, monday .....:banghead

Thnx guys.

Yeah Barryo, from ornament to doctor to babysitter! I love bloodying up these guys.

SANY1517.jpg

SANY1519-1.jpg

SANY1732.jpg

love the pic of the ornament ............the way the red is worked into the sculpt. looks like real flesh was peeled back. and they all look kick ass..........:rock:rock:rock <----3 rockers for king's dead

Looks awesome king... and love the photos :rock

I hope the goth version turns out as nice as this one!

And you do a great job at it too! :rock

love the pic of the ornament ............the way the red is worked into the sculpt. looks like real flesh was peeled back. and they all look kick ass..........:rock:rock:rock <----3 rockers for king's dead

Thnx guys. It makes me feel good to know I am not the only one who thinks they turned out good. I show my wife and she just stares at me :lol

I have the babysitter figure preordered at CornerStore. Hope they get it and ship it soon cause it looks great.

Couple small additions. I know I said I wasnt gonna do any more, but I couldnt help it.

Finished for sure.
SANY1745.jpg

SANY1746.jpg

SANY1748.jpg

SANY1754.jpg

SANY1755.jpg

SANY1759.jpg

Back