Terminator Endoskeleton Life-Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder how long it will be avail' at Sideshow. Will pick it up for retail if its still up in a month. If not - Plenty are available at retail prices from online stores, but will miss the reward points.

Wonder how long it will be avail' at Sideshow. Will pick it up for retail if its still up in a month. If not - Plenty are available at retail prices from online stores, but will miss the reward points.

You should be able to find under retail, it will be in stock for a while.

Thought about selling this and decided to keep it.
The initial impression is awesome, it has presence and wow factor.
Posable head gives you fresh display options.
Weathering the teeth is a big enhancement.
I had my chrome clean sideshow endoskull displayed next to it and THAT is what was making it seem off.....once I moved the chrome skull to another room, this bust really stood out and the paint job looked more convincing as metal.

I love it, inaccuracies and all.....powerful presence, small display footprint, much cheaper than full size endo.

Question:
This is listed as "limited edition" and now Sideshow shows it as "low stock"
What's the deal? Did they make a run and will sell that and then make a second run? If so, how long do they wait?
I assume until all retailers sell out and there is more demand, but does that mean there will be a "dry spell" where these are off the market?

Thanks to whoever can tell me how this works with open editions.

Question:
This is listed as "limited edition" and now Sideshow shows it as "low stock"
What's the deal? Did they make a run and will sell that and then make a second run? If so, how long do they wait?
I assume until all retailers sell out and there is more demand, but does that mean there will be a "dry spell" where these are off the market?

Thanks to whoever can tell me how this works with open editions.

Not sure how it works, but if I were to assume there seems to be more than enough around to satisfy demand.

Has anyone made custom rings for the eyes yet?

I wish! I had a few ideas like aluminum rings but it's then a matter of getting the paint to match. It's certainly something I look forward to do in the future as it doesn't seem all that hard, although if someone could 3D print the rings and paint them, I'm sure a lot of people here would be lining up for some.

Here's the problem with the eyes, it's missing the third ring, wheres the bust only has two, as evident by the Stan Winston prop. So the best COA is to sculpt one or find something that would fit:

t31.jpg

This is what I was referencing. Someone needs to do this.

Happy Holidays everyone.
Where ever you are in the world, whatever your beliefs, I wish you all well and remind you that the Terminator will find you. He will not stop until you are dead.
2016-11-25 10.46.48.jpg

I love the torso display on this so much, and I much prefer this dirty steel look to chrome (much more T1), but why did they have to use the damned Genisys skull on it?

That's why the skull looks so wrong. It's Genisys skull on the classic torso. This could/should have been the ultimate bust, the only one I'd ever need, but no, Sideshow, in typical Sideshow fashion, had to throw in one major bonehead "creative" decision to ruin it... as usual.

Is weathering the teeth something easy to accomplish?

It's nothing difficult if you have some patience. What I did is to apply some washes, starting with a darker tone, let it dry and then drybrushing with a lighter tone. I forgot what mixture of color I used, but I tried to make it as realistic as I can. Use cotton swabs to wipe off excess paint while applying the wash.

32301440992_a727c9dd38_c.jpg

Back