Terminator Day : 1/4 Scale T1 BD T800 & 1/6 Chrome Endoskeleton Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1:4 scale figures should be invulnerable to breakage and other QC issues at their pricepoints and lack of easy replacement. They are not. As such they make poor 'action figures' since you're too afraid to pose them, swap parts, change clothes etc.

If any kids tried to touch my 1/6 collection I would lose my s***! Haha I just find the 1/4 scale too big and too much space to display, I checked out the 1/4 scale T2 arnold a few weeks ago and it's cool and all but not my cup of tea, 1/4 scale endo is tempting tho but still gonna hold out for a T800 endo in 1/6

1:4 scale figures should be invulnerable to breakage and other QC issues at their pricepoints and lack of easy replacement. They are not. As such they make poor 'action figures' since you're too afraid to pose them, swap parts, change clothes etc.

Yeah, that I agree with. The 1/4 bodies from Hot Toys I have confidence in as they feel sturdy and well made, but Enterbay on the other hand, not so much, lol. Personally though, I'm not really interested in swapping parts, changing clothes etc... I hate doing that enough at 1/6 scale, let alone 1/4. I like to think of the 1/4 pieces as museum display pieces, or statues, rather than action figures, so I pretty much take them out of the box, put into a simple yet natural looking pose and display. They just have a certain level of presence on the shelf that 1/6 figures don't.

I find 1/6 to be the perfect scale for me, big enough to display well and small enough as to not take up too much room. I have a couple of 1/4 scale pieces and there really nice, really nice, but I don't enjoy posing them, they feel awkward like I'm posing a toddler LOL. They do have nice display presents though, but are complete space hogs. I will continue with collecting 1/6 and reserve 1/4 for only must haves like the police shootout, however I would prefer to get that in 1/6 if I had the choice.

because they look like dolls for youngest kids.
1/6 is already too big.

lol seriously? How so? Not sure if you actually own any 1/4 scale stuff or seen it in person, but they look incredibly realistic, like a figure in a wax museum. Definitely does not look like a kid's toy. I just struggle to understand this logic. I mean, you said even 1/6 is too big, so if that's the case, what do you prefer, 6" figures? Because if so, then I don't see how you can think those look like 'adult toys', yet 1/4 scale figures look like kids' toys. Not sure about you, but when I was a kid I played with 6" action figures, not 18" figures with realistic head sculpts. My non-collecting friends have always thought these smaller figures look toyish, but no one has ever looked at my 1/4 scale stuff and thought it looked like a giant kid's doll. Everyone that's seen my 1/4 Enterbay BD T800 was in awe at how life-like it looks, even my non-collecting friends, and most of them assumed it was just a detailed statue.

I find 1/6 to be the perfect scale for me, big enough to display well and small enough as to not take up too much room. I have a couple of 1/4 scale pieces and there really nice, really nice, but I don't enjoy posing them, they feel awkward like I'm posing a toddler LOL. They do have nice display presents though, but are complete space hogs. I will continue with collecting 1/6 and reserve 1/4 for only must haves like the police shootout, however I would prefer to get that in 1/6 if I had the choice.

You are right, posing 1/4 scale figures is really awkward. They aren't easy to pose like 1/6, but their shelf presence makes up for it IMO. As I'm a 'less is more' kind of guy, I don't mind that they take up a lot of space. I only want to display a few 'must have' pieces anyway, so I'm fine with these, but I can understand why most people in the collecting community would prefer 1/6 due to space, as most collectors have fairly large collections in comparison to someone like me. 1/6 will always be the preferred scale for most people, I just assumed that 1/4 would have gained some more popularity with people after HT started producing 1/4 figures.

Dolls for younger children are made better than 1/4 figures, that's for sure.

I was sold on 1:4 by the HT Batman. It looks incredible, it's sturdy, and the set is loaded with goodies. Naturally, I'd love to see HT do the same with my number 1 actor and character.

I find 1/6 look like dolls. And many collectors clutter them together with multiples of the same character. Making it look messy.
With 1/4 you don't tend to clutter them and they stand out more.

As it's been states before unless a T800 endo or T800 arnold shows up in ironman I doubt we will see them anytime soon

I love my 1/4 Endo. I am highly anticipating the Terminator BD T800.

Yeah 1/4 scale doesn't really fit into my collection either but you can't pass up that bad as Ahhnuld.

But I can't lie I am way more excited about the chrome 1/6 Endo

1/4 scale endo is cool for sure but I can justify the inflated price of them now, so fingers crossed for a newer endo, I may have found a good deal on a new 1/6 battle damaged T800 endo so if I can snag that for a good price I may just chrome it myself

Keep it man , it's highly probable that no other 1/4 Endo will ever be released. You would have to get the SSC version which is ridiculously priced and no articulation

Personally I didn't like 1/4 before owning the latest endoskeleton but I have to admit I'm completely converted (not that I don't like 1/6 anymore) 1/4 definitely seems more high quality collectible rather than a figure.
One particular figure I would be after in 1/4 scale would be the T-600 endoskeleton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back