Terminator 2: T-800 PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow those pics really help make my mind up
i prefer the un-altered version now, i think it will look chunkier in real anyway
thanks for the pics dude

i think arnold looks fine. i wouldnt want him to be larger than life. if he's too bulky then it wouldnt look right to the proportions of this piece. i love it.

Surprisingly. Arnie was more slender looking in T2, the photoshop image looks more like his T3 build.

Surprisingly. Arnie was more slender looking in T2, the photoshop image looks more like his T3 build.

He was. Its a known fact that he was like 2/3 the size compared to T1. He had aged and decided to trim down at that point in his life, if people would actually look at the stills and watch the movie they'd see.

Sideshow! This piece is just fine the way it is and thank you!

The conflict is Cameron's filming vs. Arnie's actual build. Lots of angle and lighting and framing play from Cameron to make Arnold still look as imposing as he was in T1, even if his mass wasn't quite there. Cameron's great at visuals in his films. So where the SSC piece is pretty close to nailing Arnold's physique as it actually was, it doesn't quite convey how he came off on screen so I'm sure that's where a lot of folks will feel it's undersized. It's very hard to make some collectibles based on film and tv because a lot of tricks are used to create the best screen image, but it's a distortion of reality. So when you make the collectible, do you make it as it appeared on set, or as it ultimately looked on screen.

I think it looks fine as far as physique is concerned; he is a bit slender in the shoulders, but nothing deal breaking. I would be a bit more concerned with the proportions of the top of his head, that seems a bit off to me.

Still an excellent piece, but I am sticking with the 1:1 bust.

Arnold was not at his biggest for T2, so the size is appropriate for the PF. It looks accurate to the movie itself.

Im beginning to think Sideshow use the same exact mould for all their PF bodies, unless its bare off course (eg. Leonidas).

In this case, using the standard polystone body and sticking a decently sculpted head and fitted clothes to it was a bad idea.

Im beginning to think Sideshow use the same exact mould for all their PF bodies, unless its bare off course (eg. Leonidas).

In this case, using the standard polystone body and sticking a decently sculpted head and fitted clothes to it was a bad idea.

That's definetaly what it looks like!!!

Yea thats sort of weird
Oh well when someone gets it they will just have too cut his clothes off and see if the body looks like Leonidas :lol

Linda Hamilton is more built than this PF...

Guns-Hamilton.jpg

They're all in different poses so that's not possible.

And did anyone that is complaining about the body size just completely ignore the screen caps posted in this thread? They show how skinny Arnie was in T2.

They're all in different poses so that's not possible.

And did anyone that is complaining about the body size just completely ignore the screen caps posted in this thread? They show how skinny Arnie was in T2.
I can't believe you just called Arnold 'skinny'.:banghead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back