TDKR Hot Toys 1/6 Scale vehicle "THE BAT"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I would love to own the Hot Toys Batman vehicles even if I had the $ I don't have the room. So I have been sticking to Hot Wheels 1:18 Scale Bat Vehicles. A lot more practical and affordable I have the Tumbler and have pre ordered the 89 Heritage Batmobile and Elite Batpod. I just hope Hot Wheels does a version of The Bat so I don't go broke! Do you guys thinks it's dumb to collect 1:18 scale with hot toys?

You know, this is really making me wish there was a player in the collectibles market that made HT-level-quality figures / vehicles / playsets on the 1/12 scale.

Could you imagine the Mattel Movie Masters with rubber suits, cloth capes, better paint, non-exposed joints, and vehicles with working LED lights. I imagine it would be pretty expensive, and the first few attempts might even look a little goofy at that scale (especially for characters wearing suits like Two-Face or the Joker)...but there would be a lot more possibilities for vehicles and environments on that scale, and even though the higher quality would demand a much higher price point than collectibles at that scale normally are, I think collectors would gladly pay for the marriage of high quality and convenience of size.

Wow, that's a massive piece. I have the Tumbler, so in comparison, I cannot even imagine where and how this could be displayed without a sizable room, and wallet. I'm definitely passing, as I'm committed to getting the 89 Batmobile. The cool thing about this, and other LARGE Hot Toys vehicles, is it opens the possibilities to seeing more fantastic items in the future!

Do you guys thinks it's dumb to collect 1:18 scale with hot toys?

Not at all! In a Detolf with Two figures, a 1:18 scale vehicle adds a certain dynamic variety to a display, like this:

J00.jpg

I'm glad you got your HT Batman fix BF

(you were going kinda stir crazy :lol :1-1:)

Well, this is the perfect way to start things off, as it seems far enough away that I won't have to worry about it quite yet, but also for the simple fact that it is a Batman product. I would assume that this little tidbit is HT's way of telling us that The Avengers' reign is nearing completion, and that it's the dark knight's turn to rise, now. I wouldn't be surprised if DX 2.0 or Bane specs and pics were only a few weeks away. That being said, Arkham remains at the top for me. That's a grail for sure. :rock

Wow, that's a massive piece. I have the Tumbler, so in comparison, I cannot even imagine where and how this could be displayed without a sizable room, and wallet. I'm definitely passing, as I'm committed to getting the 89 Batmobile. The cool thing about this, and other LARGE Hot Toys vehicles, is it opens the possibilities to seeing more fantastic items in the future!

Not at all! In a Detolf with Two figures, a 1:18 scale vehicle adds a certain dynamic variety to a display, like this:

J00.jpg

Is that a 1:18 Scale or 1:50 scale 89 Batmobile there, also how did you get both 89 Figs to displays so nicely not looking crowded at all with stands?

Hot Toys has officially gone too far! :lol

I think we all expected a Batpod reissue and a camo tumbler, but I never expected this vehicle to happen! Wow! Just wow. I hope they have it done in time for SDCC or else I'll probably never see one in person! :lol :( :google

Will be interesting to see, but an easy pass.

To be honest I think this design is pretty stupid looking, as it has pretty much no aerodynamics to it and im really confused as to how this thing could possibly stay in the air.

Well, this is the perfect way to start things off, as it seems far enough away that I won't have to worry about it quite yet, but also for the simple fact that it is a Batman product. I would assume that this little tidbit is HT's way of telling us that The Avengers' reign is nearing completion, and that it's the dark knight's turn to rise, now. I wouldn't be surprised if DX 2.0 or Bane specs and pics were only a few weeks away. That being said, Arkham remains at the top for me. That's a grail for sure. :rock

Frankly i'd Prefer they put figures from lots of their licenses up one after the other, rather than stick to one license at a time and leave others hanging. I'd have more than just 2 figures on order if that were the case :lol

Will be interesting to see, but an easy pass.

To be honest I think this design is pretty stupid looking, as it has pretty much no aerodynamics to it and im really confused as to how this thing could possibly stay in the air.

:exactly:

I can't see it either, like redesigning a square wheel for the batmobie and CGI-ing it to look like it'll run.

As a plane i don't see it, but as a futuristic hovercraft jet i can, shame that Nolan's realism will prevent me from rationolising it away as goofy in the films timeline when i see it. :lol

Hot Toys has officially gone too far! :lol

I think we all expected a Batpod reissue and a camo tumbler, but I never expected this vehicle to happen! Wow! Just wow. I hope they have it done in time for SDCC or else I'll probably never see one in person! :lol :( :google

So you got your badge situation taken care of?

well , i have no idea , how they are going to ship this thing, and cut down on cost, they would have to increase the price like hell so they can recoup their investment,cos i really feel the buyers would be few hundreds only and maybe , maybe ship it as a build yourself kit with all the instructions, to cut down the cost,for others
of course there would be no problem if they can fly this thing in real, just fill her up with fuel and set her auto pilot to a predestined course to our shipping address,:lecture

Frankly i'd Prefer they put figures from lots of their licenses up one after the other, rather than stick to one license at a time and leave others hanging. I'd have more than just 2 figures on order if that were the case :lol

:exactly:

I can't see it either, like redesigning a square wheel for the batmobie and CGI-ing it to look like it'll run.

As a plane i don't see it, but as a futuristic hovercraft jet i can, shame that Nolan's realism will prevent me from rationolising it away as goofy in the films timeline when i see it. :lol

Honestly, Nova, I couldn't agree more. I'd be perfectly content if it was, say, Bane followed by Xavier followed by Batman(Arkham) followed by Widow followed by Spidey (just as an example). Rather than Widow, Iron Man, Hulk, or Bane, Batman, Catwoman, etc. If variety is the spice of life, then Howard and Co. must have pretty bland existences.

wow....this is gonna be an awesome piece to display....not in the cards for me....unless it's close to what the 89 batmobile is and you can flex pay it for 10 months...

Okay, that's ridiculous. Not ridiculous in a "oh, that's insanely cool" way either. This is stupid.

Have at it though. I'm not even sure what any one would do with this. It's not manageable like a Tumbler or Batmobile, you can't really display it. I guess I don't see Hot Toys' goal here. It's way too unwieldy to own.

Good luck getting the quality control kinks worked out on this Hot Toys. I foresee many issues with all the intricate, fragile parts. I'm sure they'll even expect collectors to put parts of it together. Just doesn't seem feasible in any way shape or form.

/^\ What big D said. :exactly::lecture:exactly:

I'll gladly purchase an 89 Batwing though in 1/6. :lecture

Then again, if void says I have to buy The Bat, then i'll just have to buy it :lol

Interesting how everyone is assuming HT is gonna be selling this. From their FB post, I just get the impression that they're building it for themselves as a display piece. No!?

Just looking at it in that photo it reminds me of the old G.I Joe Pursuit Craft.

Back