TDKR Hot Toys 1/6 Scale vehicle "THE BAT"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone make out the figures in the cubbyholes? I think one has either a bunch of grenades or what are probably Alien eggs. Prometheus thing? The other one next to it seems to be sporting a huge coat of some sort.

Anyways... I've been expecting this for a while. I've got room cleared up for this guy... But I'm probably going to need to get a display table or something for this and the Tumbler! Let's hope it's not too fragile and that it stays under $1000 shipped. It looks pretty bare bones right now... So this picture may have been taken some time ago to avoid ruining/spoiling what cool weaponry/features it'll sport in the movie!

I wouldn't be surprised if they announced a camo tumbler! That one I'd be hesitant to get since I already have the original Tumbler and batpod. I feel like The Bat just completes that vehicle set for me.

Well, that's the thing: As much as I love The Tumbler, it really only works as The Tumbler, if you're going by what's on screen. The Camo Tumbler already has more potential display options:
-Bane on top
-By itself
-Fleeing from The Bat

Hate to say it, but, 89' fans, start saving your pennies because if HT is open to doing something this massive, I find it difficult to believe that a 1/6th 89 Batwing is out of the realm of possibility.

I see myself getting bat-pod, The Bat maybe Black Tumbler(still can't decide) and nope for Camo Tumbler.

The Camo thing really depends on the film, but I'd be surprised if I got anything but this, and maybe the Bat-Pod (big maybe). The 89 Batmobile is already going to be kicking my wallet and square footage in the cajones, so this thing is pretty much the equivalent of giving them a vasectomy.

I definitely see this as feasible for HT, but I don't expect it would be mass produced anywhere close to the numbers that their figures and even other Bat-vehicles have been produced. It wouldn't surprise me if this saw a very limited run, a few hundred units max...that way they can move the units to those few collectors with the desire, money, and space for it.

I really doubted Hot Toys would attempt something this massive, but the bar has officially been raised. I think the next level up in vehicle big-ness that they've yet to attempt is a Millennium Falcon, that sounds ridiculous to even say...but as HT has just proven, ridiculous /= impossible.

Now that the TDKR "Bat" has been announced, where's the '89 Batwing?

Hate to say it, but, 89' fans, start saving your pennies because if HT is open to doing something this massive, I find it difficult to believe that a 1/6th 89 Batwing is out of the realm of possibility.

That would be stupid and non-feasible too. Ground vehicles make sense, even GI Joe had his jeep but air craft sized vehicles that are twice the size? Nah.

The bubble just keeps expanding. Eventually, it's going to pop. You got this, the 1/6, the 1/4 ____ers on the way. This isn't going to continue for very long. I see a lot of broken promises.

That would be stupid and non-feasible too. Ground vehicles make sense, even GI Joe had his jeep but air craft sized vehicles that are twice the size? Nah.

The bubble just keeps expanding. Eventually, it's going to pop. You got this, the 1/6, the 1/4 ____ers on the way. This isn't going to continue for very long. I see a lot of broken promises.

They're making this, your point is?

Maybe Penguin's Duck vehicle will be next.

I wonder who can really display something like this properly? I sure wouldn't be able to.

The 89 Batmobile is already going to be kicking my wallet and square footage in the cajones, so this thing is pretty much the equivalent of giving them a vasectomy.

Lucky me I'm only interested in Nolan's Bat.

Damn, for the sheer size of this thing, I would have preferred HT built a Batcave or Bunker environment...not the whole thing of course, just the console and armory, and the ground + a wall....like the custom jobs some have done, just slightly more. It would definitely be easier to ship, since most of the walls and ground and table slab etc would be flat pieces.

...Or an interrogation room

...Or a GCPD rooftop with Batsignal (then they'd have to release an official Gordon)

...Or an IFC2 ledge (HK jump)

I'm sure there's plenty of other environments they could have done instead of this. But I'm still impressed.

:slap try being happy you're getting this before asking for even more

Oh I am definitely impressed that HT is doing this, even happy...but I am not getting it. I just don't have the space for it, but more power to those who do.

The 1989 Batwing should be smaller, and I think I could manage that one.

Back