TDKR Hot Toys 1/6 Scale vehicle "THE BAT"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Millenium Falcon is impossible for the regular market. Even an 1:6 X-Wing is too big to produce massmarket. Look at Dorgmals custom in 1:6:

mecopy.jpg

Oh look, something big to add to the pile of debt young Nolanites are building for themselves that most will likely never get out from under.

Kudos to Hot Toys for pushing the envelope, though. But this is probably one of the most impractical collectibles I've seen in a long time. I can think of countless other vehicles I'd rather have in this size, scale, price range.

Well, this will be fascinating to watch develop, at least.

I agree with you on that. It does seem kind of impractical to me as well. I guess if you only collect Nolan Batman stuff, this would be a cool piece to display with your collection, but I have a difficult time imagining this will be bought in very large amounts. I could be wrong, though.

What makes you say this? :dunno

Common sense. :lol

Unless everyone on these boards is making 6-figures or has no other living expenses there is no way a lot of people can afford this stuff without accumulating major amounts of credit card debt.

I'm not judging, though. I've been there. Getting out of it is no fun. Now I can afford to pay cash (or debit) for all discretionary expenditures without adding a penny of consumer debt. But I know I'm lucky in that way. I just fear many here may be digging holes for themselves. But that's their business, I guess.

Well it's a danger of the hobby in general no doubt, unfortunately.

Personally if I don't have it, I don't spend it. It helps to focus the collecting on something very specific otherwise the spending can be endless

I'm inclined to agree. Releasing a 1/6 Tumbler and Batpod was already an ambitious endeavor.
This takes it to an entirely different level. At this point I wouldn't put it past HT to attempt a Helicarrier.

I really doubted Hot Toys would attempt something this massive, but the bar has officially been raised. I think the next level up in vehicle big-ness that they've yet to attempt is a Millennium Falcon, that sounds ridiculous to even say...but as HT has just proven, ridiculous /= impossible.

That does sound ridiculous. It would practically have to be the size of a bed to be in scale.

Haha yes of course...but as ridiculously big as a 1/6 Millennium Falcon would be, a 1/6 Helicarrier would be much bigger...a Nimitz class aircraft carrier is about 10 times as long as a full sized replica of the Millennium Falcon would be.

This could be a very fragile piece.Not as compact and solid as the Tumbler,but if they manage to pull it off it will be a damn nice one for sure.

Interesting how everyone is assuming HT is gonna be selling this. From their FB post, I just get the impression that they're building it for themselves as a display piece. No!?

Millenium Falcon is impossible for the regular market. Even an 1:6 X-Wing is too big to produce massmarket. Look at Dorgmals custom in 1:6:

mecopy.jpg

See, that's the thing about this "Bat". I can see Hot Toy's producing it, (to sell, not just for their own display)---but not to the "regular market" of Hot Toys collectors. Just to that small subset of those collectors that have enough desire, money, and space to display something like this. I imagine it appeals to the same type of collector that would be interested and able to buy something like this:

Sideshow Collectibles Han Solo in Carbonite Life Size Figure

Viewed from that perspective, as a very-high end collectible with a very limited run, targeted at those with the money and space for it---there's no reason for Hot Toys NOT to do the Bat----or even a 1/6 X-Wing.

wow ! that is going to be amazing.
Hot toys know's that TDKR will epic so they are getting ready.
saving right now for the re release of the tumbler then for sure this masterpiece.

What HT should do is to make this and sell it set by set like the Kotobukiya's 1/32 X-Wing Fighter that comes in a set of 6..., or is it 8 smaller box sets. Easier for people to purchase instead of 1 huge box and cost way too much!

Imagine the postage for this sucka!

I didn't read all 12 pages but did anybody bring up the point that it might be 1/4 SCALE ? Everyone is assuming that its 1/6 but isn't some 1/4 stuff coming out?

I didn't read all 12 pages but did anybody bring up the point that it might be 1/4 SCALE ? Everyone is assuming that its 1/6 but isn't some 1/4 stuff coming out?

I think it's unlikely that HT would jump straight to the larger scale for the first version of this vehicle...especially since it is already so large in the first place....even at 1/6.

Back