TDKR Hot Toys 1/6 Scale vehicle "THE BAT"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mega hyper super pass.

I'm down for Bane but who in their right mind would buy this? Size + cost = fail

Call me crazy Nova, but I'm def. buying this.

Once HT announced the license and the pictures and trailers started to be released, I was hoping they would announce this thing. I have a good chunk of SS points to use on this to bring down the price and I guess that's what Flex Pay is for!

I for one am truly excited.

Well, I'm confuseded now. I was kinda on board for the Tumbler, then I see this. Now, the only Tumbler I can picture is a camo one on display with the bat. Good godness; was not expecting this. Kinda thrilled; kinda nervous; kinda worried; kinda just ____ my pants.

Okay, that's ridiculous. Not ridiculous in a "oh, that's insanely cool" way either. This is stupid.

Have at it though. I'm not even sure what any one would do with this. It's not manageable like a Tumbler or Batmobile, you can't really display it. I guess I don't see Hot Toys' goal here. It's way too unwieldy to own.

Good luck getting the quality control kinks worked out on this Hot Toys. I foresee many issues with all the intricate, fragile parts. I'm sure they'll even expect collectors to put parts of it together. Just doesn't seem feasible in any way shape or form.

Not that i'm against backstage passes, hell i'm just pissed they only started recently, but this looks so damn barebones right now that it looks like it won't be ready for release until the end of 2013.

Why tease now, people already knew it was coming? :dunno

You know there is enough time to save for it if you want. I guess it won't release until Q3/Q4 2013.

The space issue is my most concern at this moment.

Well, I'm confuseded now. I was kinda on board for the Tumbler, then I see this. Now, the only Tumbler I can picture is a camo one on display with the bat. Good godness; was not expecting this. Kinda thrilled; kinda nervous; kinda worried; kinda just ____ my pants.

I wouldn't be surprised if they announced a camo tumbler! That one I'd be hesitant to get since I already have the original Tumbler and batpod. I feel like The Bat just completes that vehicle set for me.

AH-hahahahaha!

Looks cool, but noooo ____ing way! I'm a little in shock that HT is even attempting it. I'm in for the tumbler, a batpod re-release, and TDKR figures: I'll just have to tape a picture of this thing to the wall and pretend I own it! :monkey1

Congrats to you all with the space and $$$ to snag one, though!

Okay, that's ridiculous. Not ridiculous in a "oh, that's insanely cool" way either. This is stupid.

Have at it though. I'm not even sure what any one would do with this. It's not manageable like a Tumbler or Batmobile, you can't really display it. I guess I don't see Hot Toys' goal here. It's way too unwieldy to own.

Good luck getting the quality control kinks worked out on this Hot Toys. I foresee many issues with all the intricate, fragile parts. I'm sure they'll even expect collectors to put parts of it together. Just doesn't seem feasible in any way shape or form.

I couldn't agree with you more. But I'm a whore for Batman so I'll likely be picking this up. Even if it means taking a small job like a paper route on the side.

How will one pose it? Hanging from the ceiling:dunno

Unless it comes on a translucent stand.

Easy pass either way.

I wouldn't be surprised if they announced a camo tumbler! That one I'd be hesitant to get since I already have the original Tumbler and batpod. I feel like The Bat just completes that vehicle set for me.

I'm sure they will, and that one just leaves me cold, also. One can only draw water from the HT well so many times in a year, and a second tumbler in another color scheme? B-man will have to suffice with his signature ride! :exactly:

Two things that I'm curious about:
1. Display; hopefully, there's some kind of heavy duty base here, as they'd have to be out of their ____in' minds to expect people to hang these from their ceilings (both for monetary and safety reasons).
2. shipping; SSC's going to have to offer free shipping or something, either that or this thing is made of lightweight material (which I doubt). I also doubt the free shipping part, therefore, some folks is about ta get screwededed.

Imagine if Hot Toys could make it into one of those smart phone remote controlled drones?
How cool would that be?

Well, then it would be a definite purchase, because I could just squat on it and ride it around town - I'd justify the cost by telling myself "I'm getting a new vehicle"...it would be downright practical! :lol

Back