TBLeague 1/6 Egyptian Gods line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And why does Metis have a European style Arming sword and not a Greek one? I can forgive the stylized one on Athena, it at least looks like its attempting to be a Hoplite type sword, but Metis's looks like it belongs to a knight.

And why does Metis have a European style Arming sword and not a Greek one? I can forgive the stylized one on Athena, it at least looks like its attempting to be a Hoplite type sword, but Metis's looks like it belongs to a knight.
Actually looking at "Metis'" armour and weapons styles - if you stuck her on a winged horse - she would make a damn good figure of a Valkyrie.

The line’s apparently not finished yet. Hatshepsut just went up for PO
Well damn, that's surprising. Glad to see it's not dead.

Decent enough figure, I like that they used a different skin tone... But I'm not sure what they were going for with it. If that's supposed to be African/black... I think they took the black part too literally.

I like a few of the clothing pieces and the stand, I may part a few things out. But otherwise not picking this one up.

The line’s apparently not finished yet. Hatshepsut just went up for PO
Well bugger me sideways! Thats good news!
Pity that Hatshepsut isn't really on my "must have" list.
Well damn, that's surprising. Glad to see it's not dead.

Decent enough figure, I like that they used a different skin tone... But I'm not sure what they were going for with it. If that's supposed to be African/black... I think they took the black part too literally.

I like a few of the clothing pieces and the stand, I may part a few things out. But otherwise not picking this one up.
Completely agree, I admire that they are making non-Liz-Taylor looking Egyptian women, especially considering Hatshepsut was brown/black in skin colour - but they have definately taken it quite literally, someone at TBLeague needs to be made aware that there are different shades of skin colour between "white as milk" and "black as coal" :ROFLMAO:
Gonna follow your lead on this one and pick up some of the pieces which all look really good to be fair to TBLeague....especially the details on the armor and waist pieces.
Love the spear/halberd thing she wields - really cool design with the serpent coiled around the sun - representing Wadjet [or Apep?]
That base looks really fun! I can't tell if I love it yet or if I just love the detail and crazy design! Either way it would be very imposing/striking.

So glad to know this line isn't dead just yet - I've been kitbashing together a slightly more "Egyptiany" undead-looking accurate Osiris and also some Greek Gods [in response to my disappointment with Athena] that I hope to share here soon!
But I really do hope TBLeague continue with these pantheons - they are honestly some of my favourite collectibles.
Heres hoping for Sekhmet and Thoth!

Well bugger me sideways! Thats good news!
Pity that Hatshepsut isn't really on my "must have" list.

Completely agree, I admire that they are making non-Liz-Taylor looking Egyptian women, especially considering Hatshepsut was brown/black in skin colour - but they have definately taken it quite literally, someone at TBLeague needs to be made aware that there are different shades of skin colour between "white as milk" and "black as coal" :ROFLMAO:
Gonna follow your lead on this one and pick up some of the pieces which all look really good to be fair to TBLeague....especially the details on the armor and waist pieces.
Love the spear/halberd thing she wields - really cool design with the serpent coiled around the sun - representing Wadjet [or Apep?]
That base looks really fun! I can't tell if I love it yet or if I just love the detail and crazy design! Either way it would be very imposing/striking.

So glad to know this line isn't dead just yet - I've been kitbashing together a slightly more "Egyptiany" undead-looking accurate Osiris and also some Greek Gods [in response to my disappointment with Athena] that I hope to share here soon!
But I really do hope TBLeague continue with these pantheons - they are honestly some of my favourite collectibles.
Heres hoping for Sekhmet and Thoth!
Oh man I'm excited to see what you're putting together. You should definitely post them here. I finally made some changes to my Nefertiti figure so that she wasn't a ridiculous bimbo.

Oh man I'm excited to see what you're putting together. You should definitely post them here. I finally made some changes to my Nefertiti figure so that she wasn't a ridiculous bimbo.

Well speak of the devil - as soon as I posted about my kitbash the delivery man arrived and dropped off the head I was waiting for!
So he is finally all done!

So here is my Osiris - the head is from the TBLeague Green version of the figure, the armor pieces are from the white version of Seth as is the large Abu-Simbel style base, the snake bracelet is from King Tut, the Crook and flail is from my Anubis and the green hands are from the 1/6 Martian Manhunter figure and I bought them for cheap, thankfully they match the colour of the TBLeague Osiris perfectly as I wasn't able to find any parted out Osiris hands.
I've wrapped/mummified a standard 1/6 body I had spare as I didn't want Osiris to have the bulk of the other Egyptian gods [considering 1: he's dead, 2: the mummified svelte look is his iconic pose in his ancient iconography] and I used some aged bandages from my medicine cabinet to give them an authentic look.

All in all I am really pleased with the final result!! And he probably cost me £55 at most including delivery for all the parts and the base.

1691092631464.jpeg

1691092708211.jpeg
1691092749362.jpeg
1691092665649.jpeg
1691092817092.jpeg

Last edited:
I currently have most of the pieces I need for my Athena, Ares, Apollo, Poseidon kitbashes, I just need bodies, heads and bases - I also have some key pieces for a Zeus and Hades and I have a clear plan for how to finish both of those figures.

I have bought a lot of diecast pieces for those characters that all have the right symbols or aesthetic for the gods in question - so they are all really high quality and will make for some very impressive figures when done.

I have 1 piece I intend to use for a 1/6 Artemis [the body armor from the '300: Rise of an Empire' Artemisia figure which has a cool bone-like spinal cord feature which I think will fit Artemis as Goddess of the Hunt] but aside from that and a vague idea for a crown/helmet for her I don't have a definite plan for her yet [in fact I wasn't planning to do her AT ALL until I saw the Artemisia piece and though "oh yeah that is so cool I need to use it - who would it fit?].

I will happily share them when they are done - If you are interested in any in-progress pics/ideas I'm happy to share! Just let me know - I dont want to spam the page unnecessarily if folk aren't interested.

Last edited:
That Osiris is amazing, and I love that you made one with the green skin. One of the most impressive parts is that you found an actually use for that Martian Manhunter figure, too :lol

You should absolutely post your future projects here though. If anyone actually bickers you can move them to your own new thread! I don’t think the TBLeague Greek gods figures necessarily need to get their own thread when the interest isn’t very broad—I personally think it would be great to use this one as an all-purpose “1/6 myth” type of thread. One way or another, that Osiris is incredible and it’s really exciting to see more of your work.

That Osiris is amazing, and I love that you made one with the green skin. One of the most impressive parts is that you found an actually use for that Martian Manhunter figure, too :lol

You should absolutely post your future projects here though. If anyone actually bickers you can move them to your own new thread! I don’t think the TBLeague Greek gods figures necessarily need to get their own thread when the interest isn’t very broad—I personally think it would be great to use this one as an all-purpose “1/6 myth” type of thread. One way or another, that Osiris is incredible and it’s really exciting to see more of your work.
Thank you so much! That really means a lot, I'm very proud of how he came about.
I would love it for this to be a 1/6 myth type thread - we all have similar interests and its nice to keep in touch with people who share the same obsessions! :ROFLMAO:

Well speak of the devil - as soon as I posted about my kitbash the delivery man arrived and dropped off the head I was waiting for!
So he is finally all done!

So here is my Osiris - the head is from the TBLeague Green version of the figure, the armor pieces are from the white version of Seth as is the large Abu-Simbel style base, the snake bracelet is from King Tut, the Crook and flail is from my Anubis and the green hands are from the 1/6 Martian Manhunter figure and I bought them for cheap, thankfully they match the colour of the TBLeague Osiris perfectly as I wasn't able to find any parted out Osiris hands.
I've wrapped/mummified a standard 1/6 body I had spare as I didn't want Osiris to have the bulk of the other Egyptian gods [considering 1: he's dead, 2: the mummified svelte look is his iconic pose in his ancient iconography] and I used some aged bandages from my medicine cabinet to give them an authentic look.

All in all I am really pleased with the final result!! And he probably cost me £55 at most including delivery for all the parts and the base.

View attachment 654015

View attachment 654017View attachment 654018View attachment 654016View attachment 654021

Oh man that looks awesome! I really like that you made him feel a lot more Egyptian than the original TBL who just kind of made him look like something from a fantasy story.

And there it is. The chavette grandma version of Hatshepsut
Oooh, not bad. I think it's ridiculous that she's white with blonde hair, but... Well, it's TBL so I guess that's just the expectation now. I still like the design. Should help me to grab parts from both of these in the future when they get parted out.

I also saw that TBL is revising version A after some HUGE backlash. People were saying it looked like a white woman in black face. So we'll see what changes they make there. I'm glad it was acknowledged how terrible it was.

I'm also curious if that's a new body, I like the proportions with the smaller frame and smaller bust. I wish they had these bodies when Cleopatra/Nefertiti released. Or would just do a 2.0 for some of their earlier figures like those.

Speaking of which, here's my updated version of Nefertiti. I forgot her belt when I had her in the case, but I made that work afterwards when I moved her into the bookcase.

IMG_20230713_015024_Bokeh.jpg
IMG_20230713_015233_Bokeh.jpg
IMG_20230804_113845_Bokeh.jpg
IMG_20230804_113909_Bokeh.jpg

I think her original yellow outfit looks better, but this look doesn't make me cringe when I display her. Trying to come up with something for Cleopatra next... Most likely with a skirt or something.

And there it is. The chavette grandma version of Hatshepsut
Why am I not surprised.... :ROFLMAO:

Oh man that looks awesome! I really like that you made him feel a lot more Egyptian than the original TBL who just kind of made him look like something from a fantasy story.

Oooh, not bad. I think it's ridiculous that she's white with blonde hair, but... Well, it's TBL so I guess that's just the expectation now. I still like the design. Should help me to grab parts from both of these in the future when they get parted out.

I also saw that TBL is revising version A after some HUGE backlash. People were saying it looked like a white woman in black face. So we'll see what changes they make there. I'm glad it was acknowledged how terrible it was.

I'm also curious if that's a new body, I like the proportions with the smaller frame and smaller bust. I wish they had these bodies when Cleopatra/Nefertiti released. Or would just do a 2.0 for some of their earlier figures like those.

Speaking of which, here's my updated version of Nefertiti. I forgot her belt when I had her in the case, but I made that work afterwards when I moved her into the bookcase.

View attachment 654155View attachment 654157View attachment 654158View attachment 654159

I think her original yellow outfit looks better, but this look doesn't make me cringe when I display her. Trying to come up with something for Cleopatra next... Most likely with a skirt or something.

Thanks for the kind comments mate! I'm really happy with him to be honest.
Your Nefertiti looks SO MUCH better! The difference is night and day! Honestly if this is what she looked like straight from the box [and if I was collecting these figures back then] I would have bought this version in a heart-beat.
Cleo would look good with a skirt!
Thats interesting about the Hatshepsut backlash! Warranted if we are being honest - it does look like Blackface.
Hopefully this means they will retool and make a more natural looking figure - or knowing them they will just make her a brunette caucasian! :ROFLMAO:

Why am I not surprised.... :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the kind comments mate! I'm really happy with him to be honest.
Your Nefertiti looks SO MUCH better! The difference is night and day! Honestly if this is what she looked like straight from the box [and if I was collecting these figures back then] I would have bought this version in a heart-beat.
Cleo would look good with a skirt!
Thats interesting about the Hatshepsut backlash! Warranted if we are being honest - it does look like Blackface.
Hopefully this means they will retool and make a more natural looking figure - or knowing them they will just make her a brunette caucasian! :ROFLMAO:
Try blonde :lol
https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=4703
It’s clear now they’re using the same Caucasian features head in both skin tones. Yikes!

Well, I promised to share my efforts on forming a Greek Pantheon as they arose....
So, I would like to share these images of my completed:

Ares Vrotoktónos - 'The Slayer of Men', God of War, Brutality and Savagery

1692461488206.jpeg

1692461509709.jpeg

1692461536882.jpeg

1692461561893.jpeg

1692461576464.jpeg

1692461604816.jpeg

1692461619327.jpeg

1692461636565.jpeg

1692461654807.jpeg

1692461670376.jpeg

1692461686677.jpeg

1692461700287.jpeg

1692461711957.jpeg

Last edited:
So, the majority of the figure is a HHModel 1/6 Greek Heavy Infantry figure (Black and Gold Version) however the helmet is from the Gold edition of the figure as I kept the helmet from the Black and Gold version for Athena due to it both being a well-done corinthian helmet in the style she is usually depicted as, but it also had owl motifs (Athena's sacred bird). I also thought this style of helmet would suit Ares more.
I have kept aside a few pieces from this figure, namely the spear, the Aegis-shield, and the helmet for my Athena who is nearly complete (she just needs a head) before I will upload some pics of her.

I decided on this figure because so many of the elements are just perfect for Ares.
Firstly, on a quality front, every single piece of the armor or weapons is diecast and fantastically made - in hand it just screams quality.
I loved the black and gold armor design, and it mirrors the black and gold armor design I have in mind for Athena - which I felt was appropriate given they share an aspect as war gods.
The bracers feature serpents, which are one of Ares' sacred animals.
The red colouring of the cape and clothing not only evokes blood, but it also evokes Sparta, one of the few areas of Greece that held Ares in relative high-esteem and whose culture adopts many of the aspects Ares represents, likewise the design of the cape pin also evokes a Spartan symbol.
The severed head holding hand is from a HHModel Gladiator figure and I felt it a great way to represent the more brutal nature of Ares as a war god as opposed to Athena's more civilized/strategic aspect.
the greaves feature demonic looking men, which i felt suited Ares' aspect as the god of bloodlust and savagery - he is the god of man's worst qualities. I also felt it would work as a Battle intimidation tactic - another quality of Ares given he rides into battle with his sons fear and terror (who these greaves could represent).
The Medusa on the armor I like to think of as both another aspect of this intimidation aspect, but also as a way to mock his most hated rival - Athena, who wields Medusa's likeness on her Aegis. He is both ape-ing her most iconic regalia, adopting the likeness of a figure hated by Athena, he is also showing his lack of need for a shield (one gifted by their father - showing his favor for her) unlike his elder Sister - as he is the god of valor he will be his own Aegis.

The base is from a TBLeague Spartan Commander figure and I have bought a few of them to match the gods I already am assembling. I love that they evoke the Grecian design, add a shared visual language between all the pieces showing that they are part of the same pantheon, and evoke the statues and pedastals used for the statues of these dieties from antiquity. I chose the black/silver design for Ares, one because it matches his armor's colouring, two because it will contrast nicely with Athena's gold style base - again leaning into the complimentary but contrasting designs I have in mind for these two and thirdly to reflect his darker nature as a god.

I am doing something a little... different for Zeus, Hades and Poseidon. Excited to share those here and seeing what people prefer.

Last edited:
So, the majority of the figure is a HHModel 1/6 Greek Heavy Infantry figure (Black and Gold Version) however the helmet is from the Gold edition of the figure as I kept the helmet from the Black and Gold version for Athena due to it both being a well-done corinthian helmet in the style she is usually depicted as, but it also had owl motifs (Athena's sacred bird). I also thought this style of helmet would suit Ares more.
I have kept aside a few pieces from this figure, namely the spear, the Aegis-shield, and the helmet for my Athena who is nearly complete (she just needs a head) before I will upload some pics of her.

I decided on this figure because so many of the elements are just perfect for Ares.
Firstly, on a quality front, every single piece of the armor or weapons is diecast and fantastically made - in hand it just screams quality.
I loved the black and gold armor design, and it mirrors the black and gold armor design I have in mind for Athena - which I felt was appropriate given they share an aspect as war gods.
The bracers feature serpents, which are one of Ares' sacred animals.
The red colouring of the cape and clothing not only evokes blood, but it also evokes Sparta, one of the few areas of Greece that held Ares in relative high-esteem and whose culture adopts many of the aspects Ares represents, likewise the design of the cape pin also evokes a Spartan symbol.
The severed head holding hand is from a HHModel Gladiator figure and I felt it a great way to represent the more brutal nature of Ares as a war god as opposed to Athena's more civilized/strategic aspect.
the greaves feature demonic looking men, which i felt suited Ares' aspect as the god of bloodlust and savagery - he is the god of man's worst qualities. I also felt it would work as a Battle intimidation tactic - another quality of Ares given he rides into battle with his sons fear and terror (who these greaves could represent).
The Medusa on the armor I like to think of as both another aspect of this intimidation aspect, but also as a way to mock his most hated rival - Athena, who wields Medusa's likeness on her Aegis. He is both ape-ing her most iconic regalia, adopting the likeness of a figure hated by Athena, he is also showing his lack of need for a shield (one gifted by their father - showing his favor for her) unlike his elder Sister - as he is the god of valor he will be his own Aegis.

The base is from a TBLeague Spartan Commander figure and I have bought a few of them to match the gods I already am assembling. I love that they evoke the Grecian design, add a shared visual language between all the pieces showing that they are part of the same pantheon, and evoke the statues and pedastals used for the statues of these dieties from antiquity. I chose the black/silver design for Ares, one because it matches his armor's colouring, two because it will contrast nicely with Athena's gold style base - again leaning into the complimentary but contrasting designs I have in mind for these two and thirdly to reflect his darker nature as a god.

I am doing something a little... different for Zeus, Hades and Poseidon. Excited to share those here and seeing what people prefer.
Super happy you made this post because I really didn’t want to be the guy asking questions about half of the gear lol.
The amount of thought that went into this is staggering, even if it coincidentally came from just a few figs, but the symbolism behind the armour makes it really fun and a uniquely creative interpretation.
Only countering thought I can think up is that it might make more sense that the Medusa depiction could just be a standard representation for a gorgon, or even Stheno if you want a specific being. While Medusa was the only mortal gorgon sister, Stheno allegedly had more kills than any other gorgon which may fit the bill of a war god more appropriately while still retaining the lore and symbolism. Just a thought.
But I love those greaves. Are there any similar depictions you know about of those demons? Aside from the tongue and humanoid body, they almost remind me of how lions were sometimes depicted between the mouth shape and the mane, which makes the demons look that much more ferocious when it could be rooted in something real that everyone absolutely knew not to mess with

Sooooo excited to see how you make the big three!! :love:

Super happy you made this post because I really didn’t want to be the guy asking questions about half of the gear lol.
The amount of thought that went into this is staggering, even if it coincidentally came from just a few figs, but the symbolism behind the armour makes it really fun and a uniquely creative interpretation.
Only countering thought I can think up is that it might make more sense that the Medusa depiction could just be a standard representation for a gorgon, or even Stheno if you want a specific being. While Medusa was the only mortal gorgon sister, Stheno allegedly had more kills than any other gorgon which may fit the bill of a war god more appropriately while still retaining the lore and symbolism. Just a thought.
But I love those greaves. Are there any similar depictions you know about of those demons? Aside from the tongue and humanoid body, they almost remind me of how lions were sometimes depicted between the mouth shape and the mane, which makes the demons look that much more ferocious when it could be rooted in something real that everyone absolutely knew not to mess with

Sooooo excited to see how you make the big three!! :love:
Thanks mate for the kind comment!
Good idea about stheno!
I know I have seen something similar to those demons before - but I can't remember where, they do look awesome though!
I'm just waiting for a couple deliveries and I will be able to show off Poseidon!

Back