TBLeague 1/6 Egyptian Gods line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmm - just tried this "symmetrical" layout and I think its my preferred look so far.
1680839181847.jpeg

1680839197294.jpeg

1680839211076.jpeg

1680839225918.jpeg

Damn, that pillar diorama is massive. I didn't realize how big that was until you put it up next to both the thrones. Considering how big the Nephthys throne is... that's amazing!

Also that Horus 2.0 was one of my favorite releases. All the cloth pieces and wings make it incredibly dramatic in the best way. I kept thinking of parting out pieces of it to make something but kept telling myself no. Your whole little cutout looks awesome though, you should get a backdrop or something to go behind them. Also I think it's funny you bought the white version of everything except one! :)

Damn, that pillar diorama is massive. I didn't realize how big that was until you put it up next to both the thrones. Considering how big the Nephthys throne is... that's amazing!

Also that Horus 2.0 was one of my favorite releases. All the cloth pieces and wings make it incredibly dramatic in the best way. I kept thinking of parting out pieces of it to make something but kept telling myself no. Your whole little cutout looks awesome though, you should get a backdrop or something to go behind them. Also I think it's funny you bought the white version of everything except one! :)

The pillar really is incredible!
Love the backdrop idea! Thanks!
Yeah - I wanted Ra, as the top god, to stand out a little - plus him being "golden" and the sun-god seemed more fitting than the silver version.

Stargate was what I thought it was. I saw that first pic and thought finally someone tackling the SG franchise.

OK so I got the Fire Phoenix Anubis delivered a few days ago and it is very cool, but not without flaws. Firstly, the amount of die cast metal on this figure is remarkable. Heavier than any Die Cast Iron Man figure I own or have seen. This thing has weight. That said, because of the weight of the metal, a few parts arrived damaged in the foam packing. Nothing that couldn't be fixed by me, but others may object to the level of damage. Second, as I was going over this figure top to bottom, it became clear that the body used for this was way oversized. So many of the metal pieces don't fit properly. The wrist gauntlets barely get into the forearm enough to snap the hand into the wrist peg. The chest piece is jutting out significantly from the figures upper chest.

So far, I have embellished sections of the decorative metal. This particular figure has a lot of metal, but a bunch of it is much lower quality than the other pieces. I would love to know their source for Anubis so I can see if the color I am adding is acceptable (is it Stargate???) Next, I plan to do a body swap with a TBleague M33, which should fit all the metal pieces, for this figure. Will report my results when they happen

I feel sad there have been no new announcements for such a long time.... do we think this line is over?

I think so. They started doing the Chinese gods/myths not to long ago. I havent ordered any of them but they do look nice.
Yep, the more of that line I see the more I realized I was definitely wrong when I said I didn't think they were done. Sucks, but they at least put out a solid amount.

Yep, the more of that line I see the more I realized I was definitely wrong when I said I didn't think they were done. Sucks, but they at least put out a solid amount.
Yeah, it's disappointing for sure. I'd hope they would of at least given us Maahes, Set, a 2.0 Cleopatra.

Well it looks like they are moving onto Greek myth as their next IP in their "gods" line, they are even using the same font as for their Egypt figures, so I'm assuming these are considered a spiritual successor.

They have started with Athena and Metis (odd considering all she is known for is being turned into a fly and being eaten by Zeus while preggo with Athena, and has almost no known iconography)

So I will be honest firstly in saying I'm really dissapointed that it looks like the Egyptian gods line is dead, they were fantastic figures with cool designs.
Secondly on looking at these figures there is stuff I like and stuff I dont:

- I appreciate that these female figures are no strippergrams with comically huge busts, they have gone quite conservative here

- But with that said I feel like these are too plain and have very little (or no) "wow" factor, in my head I know this is supposed to be Pallas Athena, but there is nothing godly about this figure, the armour and weapons are plain and lacks ornamentation, detail and imagination, her robes look thin unlayered and cheap, the colour scheme has no real shades or differentiation and nothing that particularly draws the eye and there is a lack of interesting accessories (Athena's owl? Medusa's head - not just the motif on the Aegis, olive branches/trees, weapons and warfare - they could have gone much further here)

- Look too human, this one is gonna be a YMMV, but given that the Egyptan gods have a much more interesting aesthetic, the Greek Gods need to look like more than mere humans in Greek armour - they needed to take some risks and creative choices to makes the Olympians look like Gods and less human. This would be really hard to achieve I admit, especially for TBLeague as it may mean them not being able to use their rubber bodies depending on the idea. For example in Concept art for the flashback in ZS Justice League they showed the Greek Gods with their skin peeling off in places to reveal gold and marble underneath - like their human visage was just a mask barely suppressing their divine power. Now that is probably impossible, but TBLeague could maybe have mixed the rubber they pour on their metal skeletons with gold paint to look inhuman and divine, or even in white with marble effects like with faux marble rubber mats. At the least the head sculpts could have had stern expressions with blank divine eyes that could light up with divine power. Anything to make them more "godly"

- The plinth and the Aegis look okay - not mindblowing but not bad by any means. I like Metis' helmet.

Athena: TBLeague PL2023-209 1/6 Scale Athena, the Divine Strategist
1688951512399.png

1688951734783.png
1688951749605.png

Metis: TBLeague PL2023-210 1/6 Scale Goddess Metis

1688951899917.png

1688953359580.png

Overall dissapointed that the egyptian stuff is on the out and also disappointed the Greek stuff seems a little boring and lacking inspiration when the mythology deserves so much more.

Athena looks sweet. Never even heard of Métis before, and also unsure why my phone automatically accents the e there :lol

But I also agree they look exceptionally plain and human. Really, really, really sad they didn’t try giving them a soft yet rigid look akin to classical Greek and Roman statues.

Well it looks like they are moving onto Greek myth as their next IP in their "gods" line, they are even using the same font as for their Egypt figures, so I'm assuming these are considered a spiritual successor.

They have started with Athena and Metis (odd considering all she is known for is being turned into a fly and being eaten by Zeus while preggo with Athena, and has almost no known iconography)

So I will be honest firstly in saying I'm really dissapointed that it looks like the Egyptian gods line is dead, they were fantastic figures with cool designs.
Secondly on looking at these figures there is stuff I like and stuff I dont:

- I appreciate that these female figures are no strippergrams with comically huge busts, they have gone quite conservative here

- But with that said I feel like these are too plain and have very little (or no) "wow" factor, in my head I know this is supposed to be Pallas Athena, but there is nothing godly about this figure, the armour and weapons are plain and lacks ornamentation, detail and imagination, her robes look thin unlayered and cheap, the colour scheme has no real shades or differentiation and nothing that particularly draws the eye and there is a lack of interesting accessories (Athena's owl? Medusa's head - not just the motif on the Aegis, olive branches/trees, weapons and warfare - they could have gone much further here)

- Look too human, this one is gonna be a YMMV, but given that the Egyptan gods have a much more interesting aesthetic, the Greek Gods need to look like more than mere humans in Greek armour - they needed to take some risks and creative choices to makes the Olympians look like Gods and less human. This would be really hard to achieve I admit, especially for TBLeague as it may mean them not being able to use their rubber bodies depending on the idea. For example in Concept art for the flashback in ZS Justice League they showed the Greek Gods with their skin peeling off in places to reveal gold and marble underneath - like their human visage was just a mask barely suppressing their divine power. Now that is probably impossible, but TBLeague could maybe have mixed the rubber they pour on their metal skeletons with gold paint to look inhuman and divine, or even in white with marble effects like with faux marble rubber mats. At the least the head sculpts could have had stern expressions with blank divine eyes that could light up with divine power. Anything to make them more "godly"

- The plinth and the Aegis look okay - not mindblowing but not bad by any means. I like Metis' helmet.

Athena: TBLeague PL2023-209 1/6 Scale Athena, the Divine Strategist
View attachment 649048
View attachment 649049View attachment 649050

Metis: TBLeague PL2023-210 1/6 Scale Goddess Metis

View attachment 649051

View attachment 649052

Overall dissapointed that the egyptian stuff is on the out and also disappointed the Greek stuff seems a little boring and lacking inspiration when the mythology deserves so much more.
Absolute yikes. Completely agree with everything you've said and honestly seems like I'm taking a pretty extended break from buying any TBL releases for the foreseeable future. These feel like a step back from their Egyptian line.

The cheapness of the outfits reminds me of what they were putting out a few years ago. Everything about both outfits is boring and uninspired. It's wild how they put out King Tut not long ago with so much complexity and now they've reverted to these. Like you said, there's so much they could have done to make these God like or unique. Color the silicon. Add a lot of gold trim and jewelry accessories. Switch to metal accessories.

Also the head sculpts... TBL did Nefertiti and Cleopatra with full and unique makeup and face paint 4 years ago, same with the more recent 'Native American' releases. Why are these just stark plain? Add some gold around the eyes or along the cheeks or something...

Man. Huge let down.

Personally, I would like to see some Tibetan/Indian Hindu gods: Ganesh, Hanuman, Krishna, etc.
Well it looks like you are getting your wish!
It seems TBLeague is branching out into Hindu goddesses next!
Here is a link to the figures

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=4655
I sadly know next to nothing about the Hindu gods - so if you can identify the deity for me I would love to know.

I think it looks really quite good - but admittedly my point of reference isn't great due to my lack of knowledge - I'm suprised they have decided to make (one version) of an Indian deity LOOK ACTUALLY INDIAN! Though of course the other version is the standard caucasian beauty expected from the company.

A little pricey though compared to the Egyptian figures IMO.

Well it looks like you are getting your wish!
It seems TBLeague is branching out into Hindu goddesses next!
Here is a link to the figures

https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=4655
I sadly know next to nothing about the Hindu gods - so if you can identify the deity for me I would love to know.

I think it looks really quite good - but admittedly my point of reference isn't great due to my lack of knowledge - I'm suprised they have decided to make (one version) of an Indian deity LOOK ACTUALLY INDIAN! Though of course the other version is the standard caucasian beauty expected from the company.

A little pricey though compared to the Egyptian figures IMO.
Those look really great, although I'm not really interested in them outside of some of the pieces could be really useful for kit bashing. And special shout out to the hands that they have been reusing for 3 years now since Nefertiti's release.

But that aside... and more importantly... HOLY **** THEY FINALLY PUT OUT A DIFFERENT SKIN COLOR. FINALLY.

(I mean outside of green/black/etc. for one-offs)

Actually another interesting note as we're kind of reviving this thread lately... TBLeague is Phicen again. I saw on another forum their new bodies all have brand new packaging and logos for Phicen.

Not sure that'll have an effect on anything, just kind of interesting.

I'm suprised they have decided to make (one version) of an Indian deity LOOK ACTUALLY INDIAN! Though of course the other version is the standard caucasian beauty expected from the company.
Is it really a western/caucasian beauty standard that TBLeague/other figure companies primarily adhere to, though? I view it more as a typical modern mainland China beauty standard being applied to them all. Of course, some facets of that have been influenced by the west to some degree but the majority are rooted in history and precede some of those cultural exchanges. I’ve always thought even the strictly caucasian faces looked exceedingly pale and soft with only the hair and eye colour being changed. Either way, I’m stoked they’re at least trying something new and making the new one actually have the traits from the people or ethnic group that they originate.

It's a huge disappointment for me that they didn't include a owl for Athena. Aside from that I gotta think on if I want to get into this line. Like others said above I expected the clothing to be better and more ornate. Then again it is Greece and IMO they just weren't to heavy into the jewelry, and fancy clothing as the Egyptians. I was really hoping for a Greek line too.

Back