Premium Format Tarkin PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The price and the puffy face is what is making me hold off. It's too bad too because he's one of the PF's I wanted when the line was first announced.

I have to say that I thought the PF likeness was not bad and I definitely can see some Peter Cushing likeness to it, but then I decided to read back to earlier pages and saw this:

20915210150217688695992.jpg

tarkinclose.jpg

:panic:

Even accounting for the differences between 1:1 and 1:4, there's no comparison. The PF is a billion miles away from the bust. Hopefully the sculpt is tuned-up a bit more before release because I'd definitely expect better for the PF premium, especially having seen how eerily life-like the above bust is.

Like many in this thread, though, I'd love to see a 1:6 Tarkin, so hopefully this signals that one is on the way.

*whistles* Had no idea the bust was going for $15k but it makes sense once you consider the detail and the artist. Put in that context, my comments on the PF were a little hasty, for sure.

*whistles* Had no idea the bust was going for $15k but it makes sense once you consider the detail and the artist. Put in that context, my comments on the PF were a little hasty, for sure.

Jk is stating 150K, not 15K!

Jk is stating 150K, not 15K!

Think JKNO accidently added an additional zero (though feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, JKNO). When I was reading through the thread at RPF, there's repeated mentions of the cost being $15k (just double-checked, there's a bunch on page 7 of the thread). It was worthwhile reading just to see how blown away even the professionals are at this piece. Like a few people in that thread, when I first saw these pictures, I was suspicious that it wasn't a real bust but just something that had been expertly photoshopped.

Think JKNO accidently added an additional zero (though feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, JKNO). When I was reading through the thread at RPF, there's repeated mentions of the cost being $15k (just double-checked, there's a bunch on page 7 of the thread). It was worthwhile reading just to see how blown away even the professionals are at this piece. Like a few people in that thread, when I first saw these pictures, I was suspicious that it wasn't a real bust but just something that had been expertly photoshopped.

Indeed I added a "0" by mistake, the price is: $15000

There's about 50 PF's I'd buy before this, no interest. The bust looks amazing but I wouldn't display it either.

What happened to the Threepio PF? What a wait for info on that one!

There's about 50 PF's I'd buy before this, no interest. The bust looks amazing but I wouldn't display it either.

What happened to the Threepio PF? What a wait for info on that one!

Yeah, this one is Sideshows "eFX effort." They announced the 3PO in 09... and even posted proto pictures in Jan 2010: https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?p=8312

Gettin' pretty damn annoyed about that one.

It's the only thing I vehemently loath about collecting... when they announce things WAAAAAY too early.

It seems the Jordu Schell Tarkin bust sold for $15000. Here is the thread about it, and some more pics and info:

My bad, $30K seemed high... but hell so does $15 :lol

But no denying that is as lifelike as it gets, I can't think of any other single bust that looks that good :huh

My bad, $30K seemed high... but hell so does $15 :lol

But no denying that is as lifelike as it gets, I can't think of any other single bust that looks that good :huh

It is sculpted and assembled by a legend, and it indeed is the best human sculpt I've ever seen. Is like having Cushing in your house. If I was a millionaire this would have joined my collection, no matter if $15000, $30000 or $100000. Since I'm not, I can only admire it :D

Back