Premium Format Tarkin PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that $350 is too much. I would love to have Tarkin, but at that price it looks like I'll wait for the 12". Although given the price of those lately I may pass on that as well...

but you get the droid!!

I agree with the price. With out the droid it would still be around $280 and eveyone would still have the same comments about "a simple PF".

I think he looks great.. just not sure how to display him.

Jeez, $350?

And another TBD with an NRD?

Sometimes I just dont get you Sideshow :duh

It's the Recession. you know, the one that no one wants to acknowledge.

Bad economy, so prices go up. SST gotta stay in business somehow.

Back OT, He looks great. wish he was 1/6th and not a statue.

BRING ON THE FIGURE!

Yes of course agree he is important in the star war universe if you get down to the details and events, not just a jawa #23 , but i was talking from the public perception viewpoint he was a minor character in the movie and not well recognized, also looking like an average grandpa human didnt help. Star wars' core is its movies not books like lotr.

If this was $300 with droid as exclusive, i might consider it. As it is now, easy pass and will pick it up later at discount if i cant get the droid.

I agree with the price being a little high and the droid should have been the EX. I just don't think Tarkin is a C list character. Just becuase he didn't get a bunch of screen time doesn't classify hem as a C lister. That's like saying Maul is a C lister because his screen time was limited.

I like it! BUT $350 too expensive!! There was a time i would jump on every SW PF even the ones priced up to $299.99, but now, i think im done. No more PF for me, prices just keep getting worse and with the NRD makes it even worse. Already cancelled the Stormtrooper and most likely wont order any more PF's unless its a great new vader or something like a Luke hoth (and for those kinds of new prices, the lightsabers better be lighting up brightly!)
I hate to think what price tags C-3PO and R2-D2 will have when they are finally put up for PO!!

Whoever is _____ing about Tarkin's price - Colossus PF is $400!!!

There, feel better now?

I'm going to say that acting wise, Cushing gives an UNBELIEVABLY brilliant performance that adds so much weight and credibility (as with Alec Guiness) to the movie.

For me, this is a no-brainer; the likeness is pretty damn good (not perfect, I agree) and well and truly good enough to add to my OT PF's.

Personally, I'd have preferred to pay 300 without the droid... but that's just me. $350 or not, we've never - until now - had Tarkin given the collectables credence he deserves.

I dont mean to troll or anything but cant SS take a hint from its customers? Even though PF's are brilliant and can be the right way to go, 1/6 is still the most popular scale and just by reading this thread it seems that most people would prefer to have their favorite characters in 1/6. Sideshow is just losing customers by continually delving into 1/4 instead of 1/6.

Either way Kudos to everyone who can afford this grand piece.

I think he looks great.... but $350.... meh.

Easy pass at that price, considering it's not EX and the base is pedestrian.

What's the difference if it's an EX or not? You need that shiny gold sticker to justify the price?

Yeah, actually some people, like myself like to collect the EX's as they are lower ES and at least usually give you a chance to display a statue in 2-3 ways.

Seeing that Blackbeard is only $50 more and he had a huge base and much more clothing and detail I'd think this Tarkin would be better at say $275.

I'd consider it at 275 but 350 is ridiculous.

Jeez, $350?

And another TBD with an NRD?

Sometimes I just dont get you Sideshow :duh

With the legendary scale out at the outrageous dealbreaker price of 2k, I'm not surprised as I said last week that SSC's will now have PF's in the $400 range, which will likely end my hobby I only just started.

I don't get it either? When SSC first announced the nRD, I spoke to Mike T and he said all the NRDs will have ES announced. It looks like SSC has gone back on their words.

They should be posting the ES on NRD's. All the reasons for doing so have been said numerous times.

Whoever is _____ing about Tarkin's price - Colossus PF is $400!!!

There, feel better now?

No, as this only means get used to 400-500 PF's in the next year.

It took while, but PF prices are consistently creeping up. For a time, 1/4 scale was the best value for the money, IMO. I'm just thankful I'm getting to a point in my collecting where I'm getting extremely picky about what I buy. I'm looking for one SW piece for my collection, and the Stormtrooper is it.

No rush to order this, it might eventually end up in my collection; but no EX = no hurry. :yess:

Honestly, for REG only SSC's is shooting themselves in the foot as I bet most will buy from the secondary market, unless they are points whores. ;)

Back