Premium Format Tarkin PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everyone seems to be talking about this figures price as if it doesn't come with a separate 1/4 droid. If there was no droid it would probably be priced at $275-$300, which seems perfectly reasonable. So your getting a $275-$300 figure with a $50-$75 droid, both on their own seem like good prices to me. Ofc maybe it shouldn't come with the droid.

As far as the base goes, I can't imagine a better base, this is the sterile death star floor, anything else would look silly imo, and it will look really good next to stormy, emperor, and vader.

I'm typically the most negative, cynical person, but I really don't have much to complain about on this figure.

I wish SS would have offered the Interrogator Droid separately like they did with some items for their 1:6 line. I don't really like this Tarkin, but I'd like the droid.

I wish SS would have offered the Interrogator Droid separately like they did with some items for their 1:6 line. I don't really like this Tarkin, but I'd like the droid.

The EX should be the one with the Interrogator Droid. I don't recall Tarkin using it as Vader was the one controlling it.

The EX should be the one with the Interrogator Droid. I don't recall Tarkin using it as Vader was the one controlling it.

Personally I don't like Exclusives, since ordering from Sideshow as an non-US fan it hits my budget. So for me when there are no Exclusives there are happy days. Besides that in this case it will be easier to get an extra Interrogator Droid from someone wanting $50 or so for it.

This looks great, but I'm waiting for the 12" release of Tarkin. Come on Sideshow!

The character is cool enough. Very iconic of the OT films. But tbh, was I to add an old fella' to my collection it would be OT Obi-Wan. Not Tarkin.

Interesting...

I'm really looking forward to this one. I've never had any sort of Tarkin collectible because he seems to get neglected by the manufacturers (other than the crappy action figures).

His performance and sheer menace in ANH was amazing and finally someone has done the character justice. As with Alec Guiness, Peter Cushing gave the film a polish and class that it needed.

Again, I can't wait. The line up will be; The Emperor, Tarkin, Vader, Stormtrooper, Fett and the interrogation droid somewhere amongst it all :)

Interesting...

I'm really looking forward to this one. I've never had any sort of Tarkin collectible because he seems to get neglected by the manufacturers (other than the crappy action figures).

His performance and sheer menace in ANH was amazing and finally someone has done the character justice. As with Alec Guiness, Peter Cushing gave the film a polish and class that it needed.

Again, I can't wait. The line up will be; The Emperor, Tarkin, Vader, Stormtrooper, Fett and the interrogation droid somewhere amongst it all :)

I agree with your sentiments of Cushing. The problem is this pf seems to be a hybrid of him and the ROTS version.

I agree with your sentiments of Cushing. The problem is this pf seems to be a hybrid of him and the ROTS version.

Yeah that's my problem with it to :monkey1
As posted earlier in this thread:
tarkin2.jpg

Because of the pose? That's just a typical unimaginative prequel rip off of his OT pose.

I think it's more his ridiculous face/mask thing he has going. They should make the PF more boney/skinny. Thus, leaning more towards the OT look.

Well at least this is how I know him:

draft_lens2158755module11381086photo_1221169011grand-moff-tarkin.jpg

Good point, but after the proto fiasco of The Emperor, I'll hold off judgement until I have it in hand.

I wasn't even going to buy The Emperor because the proto looked like balls, but once the finished photos started hitting the net I was blown away. And now having him in hand, he's one of, if not the, best PF's I own... and I have 11.

I will wait for inhand pics as well. the edition size is high enough to make this a "down the road" purchase.

I think everything about this PF is great. I've had it on preorder since day one and can't wait to get it.

Back