Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO

A price hasn't been officially announced, but it won't be $450.

Or, it won't get released at all. It might be displayed for various reasons which I do not know.

And it's been in production hell since 5 years ago, notice that there isn't any tag beside it?

It might be just for display purpose since it's a Tamashii Nations World Tour event just to showcase the past products they have made.

Just my 2 cents.

Shipping would be huge that's true, but believe it or not the $399.95 that Amazon has WAS actually the original retail regardless of whether or not it could have been had for less on clearance elsewhere. Here's Sideshows original page :https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collect...how-collectibles-and-tamashii-nations-901863/

Seeing that it did go on deep discount and is still currently available at original retail, a rerelease doesn't seem viable or if it is rereleased, I don't see them trying to reduce the MSRP when a licensed distributor is currently selling at the original MSRP.

Nah, I can just walk into my friend's hobby store and get it at cost price.

Or, it won't get released at all. It might be displayed for various reasons which I do not know.

And it's been in production hell since 5 years ago, notice that there isn't any tag beside it?

It might be just for display purpose since it's a Tamashii Nations World Tour event just to showcase the past products they have made.

Just my 2 cents.

They said at SDCC last year that they were releasing it.

under the Tamashii Nations section.

https://www.rebelscum.com/story/fro...cCon_The_Star_Wars_Collector_Panel_170060.asp

and if you go back to around pg. 630 in this very thread it's discussed.

I'm not going to be optimistic about this, nothing I've read has confirmed the release of R2.

However right now Bandai Japan are unable to distribute the Star Wars line worldwide (it was possible years ago with C3PO.), they will have to consider if it sells domestically as well to justify the cost of producing it. The Japanese will have the final say I suppose.

I'm not going to be optimistic about this, nothing I've read has confirmed the release of R2.

However right now Bandai Japan are unable to distribute the Star Wars line worldwide (it was possible years ago with C3PO.), they will have to consider if it sells domestically as well to justify the cost of producing it. The Japanese will have the final say I suppose.

Considering that it's being shown by Bluefin Distribution - Bandai's US distributor - at Toy Fair in New York right now along with all of the other Bandai import models and figures, previously barred from distribution in the US, but which are now being imported through Bluefin, it seems a fair bet to me that it will be released. Bandai/Bluefin has cleared the import hurdle for everything else - the models and realization figures - so I don't see why this would be different.

Considering that it's being shown by Bluefin Distribution - Bandai's US distributor - at Toy Fair in New York right now along with all of the other Bandai import models and figures, previously barred from distribution in the US, but which are now being imported through Bluefin, it seems a fair bet to me that it will be released. Bandai/Bluefin has cleared the import hurdle for everything else - the models and realization figures - so I don't see why this would be different.

Because right now every other country other than Japan has only the rights to non-character based products by Bandai. (The meishou one is excluded because they are the imaginative ones.)

Have you not noticed that the Star Wars SHFs are not available anywhere else other than parallel imports?

And I'm quite surprised that they are announcing the droids because even the model kit R2 can't be distributed locally.

Because right now every other country other than Japan has only the rights to non-character based products by Bandai. (The meishou one is excluded because they are the imaginative ones.)

Have you not noticed that the Star Wars SHFs are not available anywhere else other than parallel imports?

And I'm quite surprised that they are announcing the droids because even the model kit R2 can't be distributed locally.

They can do the Movie realization. No question.

The can release the kit vehicles. No question.

They said at SDCC that they were making it and releasing it. (see previous link)

They are now displaying a revised/updated version at NYTF.

Notice their display only shows these 3 types of items.

Sorry man, but you got this weird bunker mentality on this. It's plain to see.

Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 12.38.45 AM.jpg

Hmm, well I guess we'll find out as Toyfair progresses. Hopefully someone will pose the question to the reps As for SHF, I figured it was only a matter of time for them to come through Bluefin now that the models are, but maybe not.

Did Artoo have the rivets on Tantive IV? I don't remember them, and the rivets were apparently only on the six pre-production R2-D2s built by Norank.

There's a suggestion of them here:

EPIV_Threepio_Artoo_TantiveIV-1536x864-233416971471.jpg

Pre-production Artoo on the left:

Comparison_zpsp9xkwekm.jpg

I've never noticed rivets which is why I asked. Maybe I'm completely unobservant, but if there are rivets they are so not noticeable that every other manufacturer has also missed them. To me they really stick out as wrong on an otherwise great looking figure. But I'm not an artoo expect.

I've been holding out for this one for a long time. I have the SSC R2 and imo it's a decent figure, but this will be the grail R2 for sure.

Hope this gets released this year and they fine tune it a little. It looks great. The SS one is decent with the accessories so I'll display that with another figure

Back