Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did Artoo have the rivets on Tantive IV? I don't remember them, and the rivets were apparently only on the six pre-production R2-D2s built by Norank.

There's a suggestion of them here:

EPIV_Threepio_Artoo_TantiveIV-1536x864-233416971471.jpg

Pre-production Artoo on the left:

Comparison_zpsp9xkwekm.jpg

No rivets as far as I am aware of. But I guess that would be a very easy "fix" for them, if that would be the case.

It seems that they really used the pre-production Artoo as inspiration for their figure.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

I'm guessing the KB legs are removeable. It's actually a nice touch including them though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bandai have just announced a 1/12 scale Figuarts R2 and that has removeable Kenny Baker 'legs'. So I assume it will be the same for this.

I love the look of it. Going to be a toss up between this and HT. Whatever happens, SS R2 is outa here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They are removable. I found these pics online. I wonder if he tilts more than pictured...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Bandai have just announced a 1/12 scale Figuarts R2 and that has removeable Kenny Baker 'legs'. So I assume it will be the same for this.

I love the look of it. Going to be a toss up between this and HT. Whatever happens, SS R2 is outa here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm loving the rivets! Am I the only one? Doesn't seem to be a lot of love for them in this thread:dunno They add that extra bit if realism IMO.

I'm loving the rivets! Am I the only one? Doesn't seem to be a lot of love for them in this thread:dunno They add that extra bit if realism IMO.

It's just the on screen R2 doesn't have the rivets. I scoured some move stills online and can't see where they were on the movie version.

Rivetgate! Rivets or not, that is a beautiful R2. I was going to get the HT one, but I'll be passing on that and grabbing this one to go with my Tamashii 3PO

Same here. And I'm actually liking the rivets. :)

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

wow! this is great news... three different R2, from three big companies...

The rivets are ugly, but I guess someone can repaint and hide them easily.

To me, this is a matter of size, how tall is this one? anyone can confirm?

wow! this is great news... three different R2, from three big companies...

The rivets are ugly, but I guess someone can repaint and hide them easily.

To me, this is a matter of size, how tall is this one? anyone can confirm?

Are the rivets those little dots on his chest?

Great that the Baker legs are removable and a really great touch and tribute. Can't believe nobody thought to do it until them (at least at 3 3/4" I don't ever recall that).

Back