Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Size looks better than their original. Is that from toyfair?

Yes. Toyfair 2017 pictures from Toyark

Tamashii R2 02.jpg
Tamashii R2 03.jpg

What's with the rivets? Otherwise it's stunning. Interesting they went with the Kenny Baker Legs model. Wonder how well it tilts with the third leg.

Looks like it had a huge improvement over the one we have seen over the years, maybe a possible release in the future? I don't see any tags beside it, but i do hope they re-issue C3PO together though. If they plan to release R2.

24.jpg

Attachments

• 50410c28e7973.jpg
    50410c28e7973.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 137
  • 15_s.jpg
    15_s.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 135
Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Here's the one they showed way back when. I believe it also had the rivets in more detailed shots.

901863-c-3po-008.jpg

Re: Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Here's the one they showed way back when. I believe it also had the rivets in more detailed shots.

901863-c-3po-008.jpg

There is rivets but no weathering, this was far back when it's still in prototype stages.

Looks like it had a huge improvement over the one we have seen over the years, maybe a possible release in the future? I don't see any tags beside it, but i do hope they re-issue C3PO together though. If they plan to release R2.

Why reissue C3PO when it's still available on Amazon from Amazon via Bluefin at the original retail?

To me, it's not an either or item, it's a get them all item. Sideshow 3PO with Sideshow R2 then Tamashii with Tamashii and Hot Toys with Hot Toys.

Pretty much the same here. SS R2 with yoda for Degobah scene, HT R2/3PO with ANH heroes, Tamashii R2/3PO because they are awesome!

Why reissue C3PO when it's still available on Amazon from Amazon via Bluefin at the original retail?

The 12PM C3PO is freaking heavy, shipping is gonna cost a lot. And the price on Amazon is far higher than the original retail price, I could get it cheaper locally if it gets re-issued.

The 12PM C3PO is freaking heavy, shipping is gonna cost a lot. And the price on Amazon is far higher than the original retail price, I could get it cheaper locally if it gets re-issued.

Shipping would be huge that's true, but believe it or not the $399.95 that Amazon has WAS actually the original retail regardless of whether or not it could have been had for less on clearance elsewhere. Here's Sideshows original page :https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collect...how-collectibles-and-tamashii-nations-901863/

Seeing that it did go on deep discount and is still currently available at original retail, a rerelease doesn't seem viable or if it is rereleased, I don't see them trying to reduce the MSRP when a licensed distributor is currently selling at the original MSRP.

I'm betting on this one over HT. Just dirty him up a bit & it's the only R2 you'll ever need.

Back