Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we haven't heard anything by Jan 2014 that could well be the case. And Japan's foremost Star Wars scholar will be weeping himself to sleep for years.

I have read that line "Japan's foremost Star Wars scholar" a few times now without realizing it's the same guy that did all the Marmit sculpts. No wonder then that C3PO is one of the cooler 1/6 Star Wars figures there is.

Last edited:
I just got the Taito R2D2 with the clock and articulated radar and arm. I like it quite a bit. It is nice to have an R2 in the correct scale. It makes the Hasbro one seem so small.

That's unacceptable.
That does look like an opened item.
You got to contact the seller.
At the very least they may offer a partial refund, but if that's not good enough, go for an exchange. You paid full price so you should get a new one.

That's exactly what I thought. Well, SideShow replied, finally. Right after I had waited for over a week for the answer. Here's their point of view:

"Thank you for your email. We compared the pictures of your current item to some C-3PO Figures we have in inventory.

Please know all of the figures we sell are individually hand-crafted. Because of this, as with any handmade piece of art, there will be minor imperfections on every figure if you look close enough. As such, the variations on your item are normal and we do not believe we will be able to provide you a replacement that would be an improvement.

If you are not satisfied with your item, please let me know so I may assist you to return the item for a refund of the product purchase price. Please know that because your item is not damaged, you would be responsible for the cost to ship the items back to our warehouse.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me and I shall do my best to assist you.

Best Regards,

Daniel Campisi
Returns Representative

Sideshow Collectibles
2630 Conejo Spectrum Street
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320

(805) 214-2139 Office * (805) 214-2190 Fax

In the U.S.: 1-(855)-SIDESHOW (1-855-743-3746)
Outside the U.S.: 1-(805)-214-2100 x2
"

I think this is the last figure I'll be buying from SideShow.

SideShoe sucks. Just give me a gun.

That's exactly what I thought. Well, SideShow replied, finally. Right after I had waited for over a week for the answer. Here's their point of view:

"Thank you for your email. We compared the pictures of your current item to some C-3PO Figures we have in inventory.

Please know all of the figures we sell are individually hand-crafted. Because of this, as with any handmade piece of art, there will be minor imperfections on every figure if you look close enough. As such, the variations on your item are normal and we do not believe we will be able to provide you a replacement that would be an improvement.

If you are not satisfied with your item, please let me know so I may assist you to return the item for a refund of the product purchase price. Please know that because your item is not damaged, you would be responsible for the cost to ship the items back to our warehouse.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me and I shall do my best to assist you.

Best Regards,

Daniel Campisi
Returns Representative

Sideshow Collectibles
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320

"

Wow!

Here's a real bogus statement:
We compared the pictures of your current item to some C-3PO Figures we have in inventory.

As if they opened boxes to look for a decent replacement. :mad:
Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

It's not surprising really. Sideshow's customer service is horrible.

That sucks seeing as how you paid for a brand new one and received what was obviously a previously opened one :(

Best Regards,

Daniel Campisi
Returns Representative

Sideshow Collectibles
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320

"

Wow!

Here's a real bogus statement:
We compared the pictures of your current item to some C-3PO Figures we have in inventory.

As if they opened boxes to look for a decent replacement. :mad:
Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

It's not surprising really. Sideshow's customer service is horrible.

Maybe they actually did compare it, just that the comparison was with the bad ones that someone else already sent back. :lol

This is a disgrace.

Nice. Very classy touch with the autographs. I like it!

(is that the clock R2? if it is, that is the best picture I have seen of one).

Don't say "if"!

Nice display, BTW! The Medi R2 really is quite nice. Too bad about the size and I truly hope the Tama R2 is not undersized like the proto was last year.

Back