Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed a few people saying they're breaking out their white cotton gloves to handle this figure.
Are they the kind people would use to handle a rare art print,antique or something like that?
If so where would I be able to find a pair like that?
Any help would be great.

You should be able to find that type of thing in a local pharmacy

Handling 3PO out of the box doesn't leave fingerprints (well mine doesn't). Don't use cotton gloves unless you want to wipe off the oil, because that is what you are doing?

My biggest concern with wiping the oil off of this, would be oxidisation. The acid from your skin/fingertips can cause it to begin. Personally I think that's why the oil is there, it doesn't really serve any other purpose that I can see. It's to protect him from fingerprints in the factory and whilst packing. Otherwise he could be covered in prints out of the box.

Having said all of that, I'm pretty happy that this thing is made to last. I doubt (and hope) that any of us will have issues with rusting or oxidisation in the future.
But everytime I look at the tarnished brass-plated hooks on the sash windows in my office I think of 3PO!
:panic:
:lol

Some bedtime reading from the web:
"A freshly-cut apple turns brown, a bicycle fender becomes rusty and a copper penny suddenly turns green. What do all of these events have in common? They are all examples of a process called oxidation.

Oxidation is defined as the interaction between oxygen molecules and all the different substances they may contact, from metal to living tissue. Sometimes oxidation is not such a bad thing, as in the formation of super-durable anodized aluminum. Other times, oxidation can be destructive, such as the rusting of an automobile or the spoiling of fresh fruit.

We often used the words oxidation and rust interchangeably, but not all materials which interact with oxygen molecules actually disintegrate into rust. In the case of iron, the oxygen creates a slow burning process, which results in the brittle brown substance we call rust. When oxidation occurs in copper, on the other hand, the result is a greenish coating called copper oxide. The metal itself is not weakened by oxidation, but the surface develops a patina after years of exposure to air and water.

When it involves oxygen, the process of oxidation depends on the amount of oxygen present in the air and the nature of the material it touches. True oxidation happens on a molecular level — we only see the large-scale effects as the oxygen causes free radicals on the surface to break away. In the case of fresh fruit, the skin usually provides a barrier against oxidation. This is why most fruits and vegetables arrive in good condition at the grocery store. Once the skin has been broken, however, the individual cells come in direct contact with air and the oxygen molecules start burning them. The result is a form of rust we see as brownish spots or blemishes.

Oxidation can also be a problem for car owners, since the outermost layers of paint are constantly exposed to air and water. If the car's outer finish is not protected by a wax coating or polyurethane, the oxygen molecules in the air will eventually start interacting with the paint. As the oxygen burns up the free radicals contained in the paint, the finish becomes duller and duller. Restoration efforts may include removing several layers of affected paint and reapplying a new layer of protectant. This is why professional car detailers recommend at least one layer of wax or other protectant be used every time the car is washed.

The secret of preventing oxidation caused by oxygen is to provide a layer of protection between the exposed material and the air. This could mean a wax or polyurethane coating on a car, a layer of paint on metal objects or a quick spray of an anti-oxidant, like lemon juice, on exposed fruit. Destructive oxidation cannot occur if the oxygen cannot penetrate a surface to reach the free radicals it craves.

This is why stainless steel doesn't rust and ordinary steel does. The stainless steel has a thin coating of another metal which does not contain free radicals. Regular steel may be painted for protection against oxidation, but oxygen can still exploit any opening, no matter how small. This is why you may find a painted metal bicycle still damaged by rust."

Last edited:
well it seems we might have a c3po that starts out looking like the medal ceremony at the end of ANH but might end up looking like c3po on tatooine at the beginning of ANH...........reverse movie accurate weathering...........:google

:lol............i'm not worried about this breaking down in the least.

and oh yea........DELIVERY TODAY!!!!!!!!.........:banana

I ordered on the 2nd from hlj but still haven't received a tracking number. Anyone else had this problem? Yes it was in stock when I did it.:)

well it seems we might have a c3po that starts out looking like the medal ceremony at the end of ANH but might end up looking like c3po on tatooine at the beginning of ANH...........reverse movie accurate weathering...........:google

:lol............i'm not worried about this breaking down in the least.

and oh yea........DELIVERY TODAY!!!!!!!!.........:banana

woohoo, congrats man! :clap

Nope I'm not worried about him either.

C3PO+Bandai+2.jpg

Handling 3PO out of the box doesn't leave fingerprints (well mine doesn't). Don't use cotton gloves unless you want to wipe off the oil, because that is what you are doing?

My biggest concern with wiping the oil off of this, would be oxidisation. The acid from your skin/fingertips can cause it to begin. Personally I think that's why the oil is there, it doesn't really serve any other purpose that I can see. It's to protect him from fingerprints in the factory and whilst packing. Otherwise he could be covered in prints out of the box.

Having said all of that, I'm pretty happy that this thing is made to last. I doubt (and hope) that any of us will have issues with rusting or oxidisation in the future.
But everytime I look at the tarnished brass-plated hooks on the sash windows in my office I think of 3PO!
:panic:

Some bedtime reading from the web:
"A freshly-cut apple turns brown, a bicycle fender becomes rusty and a copper penny suddenly turns green. What do all of these events have in common? They are all examples of a process called oxidation.

Oxidation is defined as the interaction between oxygen molecules and all the different substances they may contact, from metal to living tissue. Sometimes oxidation is not such a bad thing, as in the formation of super-durable anodized aluminum. Other times, oxidation can be destructive, such as the rusting of an automobile or the spoiling of fresh fruit.

We often used the words oxidation and rust interchangeably, but not all materials which interact with oxygen molecules actually disintegrate into rust. In the case of iron, the oxygen creates a slow burning process, which results in the brittle brown substance we call rust. When oxidation occurs in copper, on the other hand, the result is a greenish coating called copper oxide. The metal itself is not weakened by oxidation, but the surface develops a patina after years of exposure to air and water.

When it involves oxygen, the process of oxidation depends on the amount of oxygen present in the air and the nature of the material it touches. True oxidation happens on a molecular level — we only see the large-scale effects as the oxygen causes free radicals on the surface to break away. In the case of fresh fruit, the skin usually provides a barrier against oxidation. This is why most fruits and vegetables arrive in good condition at the grocery store. Once the skin has been broken, however, the individual cells come in direct contact with air and the oxygen molecules start burning them. The result is a form of rust we see as brownish spots or blemishes.

Oxidation can also be a problem for car owners, since the outermost layers of paint are constantly exposed to air and water. If the car's outer finish is not protected by a wax coating or polyurethane, the oxygen molecules in the air will eventually start interacting with the paint. As the oxygen burns up the free radicals contained in the paint, the finish becomes duller and duller. Restoration efforts may include removing several layers of affected paint and reapplying a new layer of protectant. This is why professional car detailers recommend at least one layer of wax or other protectant be used every time the car is washed.

The secret of preventing oxidation caused by oxygen is to provide a layer of protection between the exposed material and the air. This could mean a wax or polyurethane coating on a car, a layer of paint on metal objects or a quick spray of an anti-oxidant, like lemon juice, on exposed fruit. Destructive oxidation cannot occur if the oxygen cannot penetrate a surface to reach the free radicals it craves.

This is why stainless steel doesn't rust and ordinary steel does. The stainless steel has a thin coating of another metal which does not contain free radicals. Regular steel may be painted for protection against oxidation, but oxygen can still exploit any opening, no matter how small. This is why you may find a painted metal bicycle still damaged by rust."
fascinating.gif

I like these quality pics but these guys are missing the stance. I've only seen a couple of pics that really scream 3PO. And that's not a knock against the figure.

Words and pictures will not convey how perfect and immense this piece is!!!

481868_486631984730385_408522498_n_zps25fede26.jpg

479893_486661048060812_788612836_n_zpsd3040bea.jpg

486096_486661111394139_2142101197_n_zpsfae40c9a.jpg

544141_486660161394234_1606517483_n_zpsda2ff5fa.jpg

559688_486660081394242_662903277_n_zpsa14568f6.jpg

577854_486689968057920_1531063701_n_zpsd8f75eaf.jpg

485964_486658641394386_1473943807_n_zpsbc4b8f24.jpg

555007_486659284727655_724427461_n_zps35317096.jpg

549327_486657014727882_297105533_n_zps4d15ef8b.jpg

66895_486657721394478_251117283_n_zps981e3472.jpg

Last edited:
I like these quality pics but these guys are missing the stance. I've only seen a couple of pics that really scream 3PO. And that's not a knock against the figure.

For sure. Posture is so important with really showing how perfect this figure is.

I hear what your saying.
I think it's that most people are blown away by how much this looks like 3PO when they get it they don't bother doing much else in some cases? And I can understand that completely, when you see a picture of this figure, it's so good that your brain automatically goes into 1:1 mode, you start to look for the differences between this and the real 3PO, that in itself is amazing IMO. But when you see it in hand.. mind.is.blown.

Anyway here's how mine is standing on my desk right now..
The "new toy magic" hasn't faded yet, not sure it will either.

1-97_zps43e2e19c.jpg

Words and pictures will not convey how perfect and immense this piece is!!!
549327_486657014727882_297105533_n_zps4d15ef8b.jpg

At last man, congrats!! It is bloody incredible isn't it?:clap
Lovely pics.:hi5: That IS C3PO.

Last edited:
if ever there was a figure that needs to be taken out to the desert for photo ops ..........this is it...........:lecture

Back