Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's an excellent question. Anyone know if the oil helps to protect the finish, and most importantly anyone know what type of oil may have been used? It's bound to wear off at some point.

Well, the oil is extremely fine and non messy. I would imagine it could only help in protecting the metal finish from acids from the fingertips which could cause oxidisation down the line. Who knows, but I doubt there will be any problems with this figure, it just seems so beautifully considered all round. But I'm leaving the oil on.

Really? **** I didn't know it was worth so much these days. I use have quite a bit myself. SW or LOTR?

LOTR stuff is quite new. Some Star Wars sets, like Cloud City, Mos Eisley Cantina and others can go for many times what they sold for years ago, but those are special cases.

Have you seen what the UCS Falcon is going for? Holy sheet! :thud:

You get your invoice yet, Rich? :panic:

I'm leaving the oil on mine for sure.

Yup, bought and paid for! :rock Just waiting for my shipping notification, do they send one? I've been trying to figure out where I'm going to display it. So you're pretty confident that it can stand on it's own? Do you think it could crack a detolf shelf if it fell?.

Yup, bought and paid for! :rock Just waiting for my shipping notification, do they send one? I've been trying to figure out where I'm going to display it. So you're pretty confident that it can stand on it's own? Do you think it could crack a detolf shelf if it fell?.

Awesome! Yeah, they will send you a shipping notification for sure. I think the stance is very solid, although the ankles are a little more loose than I'd like. If it went down hard and fast enough, I think it's possible it might crack a shelf...

to oil.......or not to oil............that is the question.

I'm going to give mine a wipe, unless there's a good reason why I shouldn't. It'll just be a dust-magnet otherwise.

I'm of the mind that the oil is a packaging consideration rather than a longevity-of-display consideration.

I'm going to give mine a wipe, unless there's a good reason why I shouldn't. It'll just be a dust-magnet otherwise.

I'm of the mind that the oil is a packaging consideration rather than a longevity-of-display consideration.

Once you oil it then the dust will come. Why this is not a toy, everything that has oil in it in my front kitchen needs to be clean once a week. Same with my swords but once a month on those.

My package arrived today! Unfortunately I wasn't home to sign for it, so I'll have to pick it up at my post office tomorrow morning. :(

It's a good question, Richalot - with that SSC Landspeeder (supposedly) coming, will it come with a special torso that will enable this SSC/Tama product to sit in it? It would have to is my guess - aside from Luke, 3PO is the one character who in the speeder the most. Back and front.

It would have to be a revised mold without the individual wires that the Tama head, arms and legs would pop into and perhaps just solid - no articulation at all.

It's also a pretty valid question what on earth it would look like design-wise - 3PO in the movies had goofy gold painted rubber shorts or a crumpled sheet of gold tin foil as his lower torso while sitting and the actual design of his hips and upper legs wouldn't allow for that sitting orientation.

When I spoke with the Tamashii team, they said they'd be open to future uses of this tooling for other droids depending on how the sales of this piece do. I'm hoping that includes retrofitting it to make it compatible for that landspeeder--should it ever see release--though I think that's more wishful thinking on my part more than anything (both the landspeeder and a retrofitted C-3PO to fit in it).

I sent you a PM a few days ago mate.. :wave

Just no words for him.

IMG_1173_zps7b41de76.jpg

IMG_1175_zps9465f087.jpg

IMG_1176_zpsb96cf2fa.jpg

IMG_1174_zps5d4d9159.jpg

I noticed a few people saying they're breaking out their white cotton gloves to handle this figure.
Are they the kind people would use to handle a rare art print,antique or something like that?
If so where would I be able to find a pair like that?
Any help would be great.

On a side note, who's wiping the oil off their 3PO's and who's not?
I'm not.

That's a good question.
I wiped the oil off with a microfiber cloth.
The oil itself leaves a thin film, white-ish in color and you'll get a better shine with it off.

I personally think the oil is there to help preserve the product while it sits in a wherehouse or store shelf. You just don't know how much moisture will get to it.

Once it's in the hands of the customer, it's up to them to keep it in a dry location. I would guess, if you live in a high humidity location, keep it very lightly oiled.

This is all, of course, to minimize or avoid any chance of rusting.

Back