Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Rory are you going to weather your 3PO?

LukeSkywalkerNooooo_zps8fe7782b.jpg

While i know it would absolutely amazing, I just couldn't. This is remaining pristine. Throne room 3PO..:lol

Got mine from an art store - couple of dollars (I actually bought two pairs because I figured the first pair would get oily!)

Die cast metal is generally zinc, which doesn't rust. I believe Rebelscum was saying the metal is also anodized (even though I was told Zinc is rarely anodized when I asked someone in the know,) which thickens the oxidation layer, providing more protection.

Anodizing would also put the gold color deeper into the metal, thereby making it far more scratch resistant than say... the HT Cap America shield.:lol

This fig could have iron screws though, which would rust...

Thanks for the info about the gloves.
:hi5:

Great pics Teddy, I never pegged you as a SW fan.

:lol what did you have me pegged as? Curious now

I am 31, nearly 32, so SW was very much part of my childhood. I am not hardcore like you guys but I do want the very best SW collectibles :)

I hear what your saying.
I think it's that most people are blown away by how much this looks like 3PO when they get it they don't bother doing much else in some cases? And I can understand that completely, when you see a picture of this figure, it's so good that your brain automatically goes into 1:1 mode, you start to look for the differences between this and the real 3PO, that in itself is amazing IMO. But when you see it in hand.. mind.is.blown.

Anyway here's how mine is standing on my desk right now..
The "new toy magic" hasn't faded yet, not sure it will either.

1-97_zps43e2e19c.jpg

At last man, congrats!! It is bloody incredible isn't it?:clap
Lovely pics.:hi5: That IS C3PO.

Yeah at last :yess:

Incredible would be an understatement buddy! No words can describe the beauty of this thing!

Great pics Teddy, I never pegged you as a SW fan.

:lol what did you have me pegged as? Curious now

I am 31, nearly 32, so SW was very much part of my childhood. I am not hardcore like you guys but I do want the very best SW collectibles :)
Not to speak for Deak, but from what I've seen of your collection photos, I might've thought 3PO was too mainstream. If I recall correctly, all your stuff aside from DX Terminator is custom and quite eclectic. Brilliant collection, btw.

Not to speak for Deak, but from what I've seen of your collection photos, I might've thought 3PO was too mainstream. If I recall correctly, all your stuff aside from DX Terminator is custom and quite eclectic. Brilliant collection, btw.

That is a valid point.

Can't beat a bit of mainstream :)

I have had a Hurc Vader on order for some years now and just wanted a SW fix once I clapped eyes on this exquisite piece.

Thank you for the compliment btw, that is much appreciated :duff

Yeah, I can totally see how this piece has distinguished itself from really anything else in 1:6 SW. I'm pretty confident now that R2 will be released and measure up, as well.

I've only heard about Hurc Vaders but have never seen pictures. Looking forward to one day seeing that in your collection thread.

You're killing me guys!!! All these awesome pics by everyone, I couldn't take it anymore. Ordered and picking this up this weekend. :panic:

Ups man brought me c3-po...........:yess:

And he brought my two dogs some dog biscuits...........:yess:.............:lol

Who's happier?
Not sure, all our tails were wagging.........:)

But holy crap this thing is awesome.............I've seen some beautiful pictures of this and was prepared (or so I thought) but this is a figure that must be experienced in hand to see and feel the real value. It's been said before but this is truly a work of art. I couldnt be happier with him. Those on the fence will have no regrets..........:lecture

P.s. I didn't realize 3po was a badass that carried a black shiv..........:monkey3

Awesome, glad you got him after all our back-and-forth months ago about the value for price, barryo. Funny, now $400.00 seems totally reasonable considering the quality and detail. It really is peerless within SW 1:6.

Back