Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome, glad you got him after all our back-and-forth months ago about the value for price, barryo. Funny, now $400.00 seems totally reasonable considering the quality and detail. It really is peerless within SW 1:6.
Yea, no regrets whatsoever. Though I knocked off 100 bucks with rps......:yess:
My wife picked up Threepio from the P.O. today for me. He's waiting at home...

Can't wait! Only two more hours to go!

You sir are in for a treat..........:lecture

These are starting to approach iconic (if R2 was a little taller)...

Desert and oil bath...
I actually thought this shot...

549327_486657014727882_297105533_n_zps4d15ef8b.jpg

... was a screen cap until I noticed the background and restraining bolt. It's just a dead ringer for 1:1 3PO.

If I had one gripe it would be the restraining bolt. That does look a little plastic like compared with the rest of the figure. Shame that doesn't come across like the rest of the piece.

So many nice pictures, but honestly, this figure photographs very well right out of the box anyway.

Bravo Tamashii!! :clap

Now, please make the necessary corrections to R2. :pray:

I ordered on the 2nd from hlj but still haven't received a tracking number. Anyone else had this problem? Yes it was in stock when I did it.:)

Didn't have a problem. Ordered it on a Sunday. Got my tracking on a Monday. Received my C-3PO on Friday.

HLJ are a serious business. Ordered thru them quite a few times and didn't have any problem. I'd contact them with your order number if i were you.

I ordered Monday and I'm still waiting for a shipping notice. At one point yesterday these were on back order but now they're back in stock, so they may have run out for a short time.

Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, I cannot wait..... better arrive before we take father-in-law out to dinner for his birthday or it'll be Monday.....

LukeSkywalkerNooooo_zps8fe7782b.jpg

While i know it would absolutely amazing, I just couldn't. This is remaining pristine. Throne room 3PO..:lol

You can do it! Come on meow.

:lol what did you have me pegged as? Curious now

I am 31, nearly 32, so SW was very much part of my childhood. I am not hardcore like you guys but I do want the very best SW collectibles :)

Not to speak for Deak, but from what I've seen of your collection photos, I might've thought 3PO was too mainstream. If I recall correctly, all your stuff aside from DX Terminator is custom and quite eclectic. Brilliant collection, btw.

Eh, pretty much it. :wink1:

All I can say is...wow.

IMG_1585.JPG

IMG_1584.JPG

IMG_1599.JPG

IMG_1604.JPG

I am beyond impressed with this figure. Everything everyone is saying is true. This is like a lifesize figure shrunk down. The details are incredible. Someone had mentioned that the pistons are too large, but it doesn't bother me in the least. It's amazing the way they work. The wires in the belly are incredible as well. Oddly enough, that's what put me over the edge--those damn wires. Although I have to say the Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 1 still has it beat in that department. But this one is definitely up there.

I agree with people that I wish there was an easier way to turn on his eyes. That "button" on the back of his head would have made a great real button. And that plastic stand brace could have also been stronger. I don't trust it at all. You have to stand him as if he wasn't being held by anything and that brace would just be back-up. But when the chips are down, I really don't think it will help. I almost feel like putting pillows all around the figure just in case he falls over! And could they spare the piece of Tantive IV wall? So small! The stand does seem a little cheap, considering the rest of the figure. Also, it would have been smart to set up the stands so R2's eventual stand would connect or interlock with Threepio's. The R2 prototypes show him on a round stand. And yeah, I wish his hip articulation was a teeny bit better, but I understand the lack of movement is kinda screen accurate. These are all just small nit-picks though.

And wow, is this sucker heavy! Really really heavy. I almost feel like I have him caught on something every time I try and lift him. But no, it's just his weight!

I gotta say, when this was first shown last year I was skeptical for many reasons, not least of all the high price. The cost is still significant, and I'm not 100% convinced that the figure is really worth $400. But damn if I'm not enjoying the hell out of it! It truly is a marvel to behold.

Nice pics guys.....I would buy myself one if he was $300 at most but it's out of my price range.

Nice pics guys.....I would buy myself one if he was $300 at most but it's out of my price range.

It's closer to $350 shipped if you get it from Hobby Link Japan. Close to what I got it for at AmiAmi. You gonna let a $50 price difference get in the way of owning what may be the most boss Star Wars 12" figure ever?

(Sorry, there I go enabling again!)

Last edited:
Back