Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few months ago, Amazon had c-3po's at list price. You might want to check if there are still any available there.

Sadly they are sold out. There were a few third parties selling. I ordered one $448 shipped from Japan, then the seller cancelled the order 2 days later saying they had an inventory mistake. Same thing happened to me last year when I ordered one from Nippon Yassan. They cancelled the order and refunded saying they no longer had one.

Maybe Bandai will reissue C3PO?

I want R2 but may just go Hot Toys if I can't get the matching 3PO.

A few months ago, Amazon had c-3po's at list price. You might want to check if there are still any available there.

What was list price? Is $290 a good deal? Not even sure if I want C3p0 but I don't know if I should pass this up.

Original price was $400 in the US.

Thanks!
I don't know... I'm still on the fence about it. Seems like a good deal and a lot of people love this but figure but I could also just wait for a Hot Toys version.

Got to play with this guy at the Bluefin booth and have to say, if you're impressed with your C-3PO, then this piece will be equally impressive even with the plastic dome. I will admit, there are some seams, but you have to REALLY look for them and they are way more noticeable in photos than in hand. The battery compartment is very innovative as it allows for the head to spin 360d as none of the electronics are in the body.

Also, the doors: I don't quite remember how they open in the movie, but will go back and check. I'll just say this: they way that they pull forward then open on a french type hinge is really cool and robotic looking. The small indentation is a more than fair compromise once you see how the doors actually open and how this thing is crafted. Believe me, you're going to be like DAYUM that's cool.

I also like how center leg engages with a one motion push button. It ensures that R2 is standing 3 legged in the exact same position EVERY TIME. The main "ankles" also have a ratchet at the exact point where the middle leg engages the surface, also ensuring the perfect lean back R2 pose.

As noted before, the rivets don't bother at all. I barely looked at them except for the ones in the case. I would like to understand if they will be painted or unpainted. The cased models had one with paint and one without. Painted preferred for me.

All in all this heavy behemoth of a little astromech is going to give you the same nostalgic glee as the 3PO did and you're going to feel like you have a real miniature R2 in your hand. Start reinforcing your Detolf shelves cause R2 and 3PO are going add some weight!

Got to play with this guy at the Bluefin booth and have to say, if you're impressed with your C-3PO, then this piece will be equally impressive even with the plastic dome. I will admit, there are some seams, but you have to REALLY look for them and they are way more noticeable in photos than in hand. The battery compartment is very innovative as it allows for the head to spin 360d as none of the electronics are in the body.

Also, the doors: I don't quite remember how they open in the movie, but will go back and check. I'll just say this: they way that they pull forward then open on a french type hinge is really cool and robotic looking. The small indentation is a more than fair compromise once you see how the doors actually open and how this thing is crafted. Believe me, you're going to be like DAYUM that's cool.

I also like how center leg engages with a one motion push button. It ensures that R2 is standing 3 legged in the exact same position EVERY TIME. The main "ankles" also have a ratchet at the exact point where the middle leg engages the surface, also ensuring the perfect lean back R2 pose.

As noted before, the rivets don't bother at all. I barely looked at them except for the ones in the case. I would like to understand if they will be painted or unpainted. The cased models had one with paint and one without. Painted preferred for me.

All in all this heavy behemoth of a little astromech is going to give you the same nostalgic glee as the 3PO did and you're going to feel like you have a real miniature R2 in your hand. Start reinforcing your Detolf shelves cause R2 and 3PO are going add some weight!

Thanks for that - so was this at SDCC? Did anyone get any pictures?

Sure do! Here I am messing around with it. Thanks to the folks at the Bluefin booth!

Attachments

• IMG_2553.jpg
    IMG_2553.jpg
    414 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_2552.jpg
    IMG_2552.jpg
    394.8 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_2551.jpg
    IMG_2551.jpg
    436.7 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_2550.jpg
    IMG_2550.jpg
    440.4 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_2549.jpg
    IMG_2549.jpg
    390.9 KB · Views: 185
The seams are noticeable....oh well I am sure I'll still be happy with it.

Perhaps someone with the skills will remake the dome out of metal once we have it in hand...

Thanks DCFett! :hi5:

Of course, no worries.

Seams are there, but the finish on the dome makes them very difficult to see with your naked eye. The camera has no problems picking it up, but again, in hand, nothing to nit about.

Of course, no worries.

Seams are there, but the finish on the dome makes them very difficult to see with your naked eye. The camera has no problems picking it up, but again, in hand, nothing to nit about.

:hi5: Thanks for that run-down! Yeh, the seams are really noticeable in a couple of pics and I'm glad to hear your reassurance. Also happy to hear that you weren't bothered by the rivets or door indents with the figure in-hand. My collecting has wound down to a trickle in the last couple of years, so I'm pretty amped for this figure.

:hi5: Thanks for that run-down! Yeh, the seams are really noticeable in a couple of pics and I'm glad to hear your reassurance. Also happy to hear that you weren't bothered by the rivets or door indents with the figure in-hand. My collecting has wound down to a trickle in the last couple of years, so I'm pretty amped for this figure.

Yeah I really think this thing is friggin cool. It feels every bit as hefty and substantial as 3PO and the engineering every bit as smart. Been a long wait, but I think this is worth it. Can't wait to put these two together finally! Now Blufin, please let us know when you're going to do R4-D4, 21B, Grievous?????

Back