Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I played around with him at the booth and he is massive heavy and quite a bit of fun. The lights are not really any more special than the SSC one and the sounds are cool but not sure how much I will use them.

They now have C-3PO back for sale at the massive retail of $399.99. I couldn't resist... it was either this one or the SSC one at another booth for $170 - he was the last ANH hero of the group I needed. After picking up R2 and feeling the weight and quality construction I went for 3PO. Do not regret it one bit, he is freaking awesome, maybe one of best "unboxing" experiences of my collection.
20170724_134405.jpg

Attachments

• 20170724_134405.jpg
    20170724_134405.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 178
Congrats! Still one of my favorite figures. He's visually stunning still to his day.
Yes! I'm still very proud of my Tamashi 3p0. While he may not be my favorite character, he is probably my favourite 6th scale figure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Even the fact that he's gold and metal amongst a bunch of mostly black and white and brown figures makes him really shine. :wink1:

why not :lol those were fun to play with

Was too :google mesmerized by R2! What was it 2013 we got 3PO; teased R2 in 2014; then hopes crushed in 2015 of its cancellation; SDCC 2016 hope floats that he's back on; 2017 SDCC playing with a production sample...priceless!
I could barely see my brother who just happen to be taking pictures! :lol

I played around with him at the booth and he is massive heavy and quite a bit of fun. The lights are not really any more special than the SSC one and the sounds are cool but not sure how much I will use them.

They now have C-3PO back for sale at the massive retail of $399.99. I couldn't resist... it was either this one or the SSC one at another booth for $170 - he was the last ANH hero of the group I needed. After picking up R2 and feeling the weight and quality construction I went for 3PO. Do not regret it one bit, he is freaking awesome, maybe one of best "unboxing" experiences of my collection.
View attachment 355851

Congrats on getting 3PO he really is a top class figure. Can't wait to get his sidekick to accompany him.

I held R2 in my hand and played with all his various functions. I don't think it is as crude in hand as it appears in a larger(er?) than life close up. I loved the heft and all the doors, buttons, etc were sturdy (unlike the Sideshow one I have now). I also like the nearly anodized paint application on the body.

I do have an issue with the color, finish, and seams on the dome though. The price is freaking hefty too with it being nearly $300. For now my Sideshow one will suffice, especially since it has so many accessories to recreate the Ben's Den scene or Jabba's Palace scene now that I have my 3PO.

I am on the fence about this or the new HT one but I will wait until both are in customers hands to decide. This one most likely will not sell out that fast as you could have the Sideshow R2 and another figure the price point they are asking.

Hmm, seams don't bother DCFett, but they do bother Travis.

I hate seams. They just shouldn't be there at all. If there's even a hint of them on the example I get I'm going to be very disappointed. Aesthetically the two Bandais droids work well together, but the HT proto is looking pretty good.

Back