Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got a delay notice from Nippon-Yasan. Expected released pushed back a month to september 30th.

here is a video that show this R2.

You can see the seams clearly in the part that R2 details are zoomed in, perhaps they are not as noticeable on hand, since the zoomed part is very close to the figure.

So far I am happy and eager to receive this droid!

https://youtu.be/zg-cGqEyXIQ

Thanks for posting that video parra. But those seams are unacceptable to me, and it's not exactly a macro image we're looking at here. I'm thinking of cancelling and going with the HT version. Seriously, how could they mess that up... :slap

I am sticking with this R2.

If the seams are very visible on hand, it will be a letdown. I wish the dome on this one was seamless.

Hot Toys has developed a seamless R2, with a die cast dome, however I find 2 issues are also a possible problem with HT R2:
- it seems to be a bit on the small side (less than 18 cm, whereas Tamashii is supposed to be 18,3)
- the dome sits a bit awkardly on the body, it looks like the body is half a size larger than the dome.

So I don't know...

This things seams are straight out of a Hasbro playbook.

That aside, if someone really wanted an R2 stand in unit with the rivets, etc., guess this is your lucky day. :lol

Last edited:
Just got Jazz's Tantive display. Great addition to this figure.

fa536926b4f9b10ff660c9993e4092be.jpg

Nice display. The restraining bolts are out of place in this environment though.

I was thinking they should both be on 3PO for nipples..

otherwise if they were restrained to the Tantive, it would have ended the saga pretty quick.

If only the gunner had fired on the escape pod leaving the Tantive then we'd have no trilogy. Shortest sci fi film ever.

I received this email from Nippon-Yasan.com

We are contacting today regarding this product : Chogokin x 12 Perfect Model R2-D2 (A NEW HOPE)
We've just got the confirmation that the release date for this product was changed.

Initially the release date was on : 2017-08-31
The new release date is now on : 2017-09-30

If your order isn't paid yet you will receive the deadline notification close to the release.

Dude that video is of the wired prototype. The pics I showed a page back are of the production sample with a fully operational dome with batteries. The seams are there no doubt, but way less noticeable than the prototype in this vid. Stay steadfast I say. And stay thirsty my friends....

Dude that video is of the wired prototype. The pics I showed a page back are of the production sample with a fully operational dome with batteries. The seams are there no doubt, but way less noticeable than the prototype in this vid. Stay steadfast I say. And stay thirsty my friends....

sorry, and thanks!

No it's all good. I don't want to understate it either cause if you think seeing even a hint of a seam is going to flip your wig, you probably should wait to buy in person. The one I messed around with as noted in the pics, you can look hard and find them. The dome did seem to be clear coated and the seams were underneath the paint and coat finish. I'll say this, if any hint of seams will ruin the experience for you, you might want to go the HT route. However, if something like 3pos slightly out of scale pistons don't bother you, I don't think this will either.

I would have happily paid $400 if this had a metal dome. It would have been a no brainer. Now, I have no idea which R2 to get, HT or this one....

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Back