Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, I had forgotten how bad QC was on C-3PO. Maybe that's why they decided to do a plastic dome. Of course I'm fairly certain that if the styrofoam insert in the box was designed better every single problem with loose pistons and such would not have happend. The finish on the metal is another question of course.

I just bought a new one for $350 USD plus shipping from EBay. I believe Sideshow sold it for $399 plus shipping when it was first released. I did read in the thread there were better prices to be had elsewhere at that time.

Now I am waiting for the release of R2D2..

I believe Hobby Link Japan in 2015 sold them for $150.00 because of over stock. I wanna say that is what KoolKollectibles said he paid for him on his review of C3PO. I got a deal last year for $199.99 on Ebay. Really surprised they have gone up as much as they have recently on Ebay. ($450-$850) Maybe because R2 is coming out?

I got one of the Hobby Link Japan Threepios on Clearance. Best deal I've ever got in all my time collecting.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

You can find 3PO on gamestop.com which is where I bought mine. $299 if memory serves me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

I believe Hobby Link Japan in 2015 sold them for $150.00 because of over stock. I wanna say that is what KoolKollectibles said he paid for him on his review of C3PO. I got a deal last year for $199.99 on Ebay. Really surprised they have gone up as much as they have recently on Ebay. ($450-$850) Maybe because R2 is coming out?

Wish I was into the hobby back then... The prices are high on EBay and it could be the R2 effect.

Overall the figure is great. The stand and the waist clamp suck. He's fallen over twice already and I have only owned him for a day. It's so heavy it sure makes a loud crash sound. I am glad it's durable though as no damage. I moved him to a crotch grabber stand which makes him more sturdy.

Get a look at the design details of the Chogokin R2-D2 with Star Wars Researcher Seiji Takahasi, who played an integral role in the development process of the figure.

Someone said to me it makes sense to order this R2D2 only if you have the Tamashii C3P0. Do you agree with that statement? Why not pair him with any other 3PO like Sideshow's or Hot Toys when they release theirs? I don't have Tamashii 3PO and I won't spend too much money on getting one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone said to me it makes sense to order this R2D2 only if you have the Tamashii C3P0. Do you agree with that statement? Why not pair him with any other 3PO like Sideshow's or Hot Toys when they release theirs? I don't have Tamashii 3PO and I won't spend too much money on getting one.

Sideshow's C3PO is weathered. HT's is clean but FAT.

I'd disagree with that assessment. A lot of folks purchased the 3PO well before the R2 was ever announced. That said, it comes down to your own personal taste. Sooner or later you may have to mix offerings, but anyone who's had 3PO the last 2-3 years had him as a stand alone piece until the SDCC announcement last year. I personally saw 3PO as a once in a lifetime piece and even though it pained me not knowing if R2 was coming, I still felt it was worth having this piece.
The other thing to consider is that Tamashii has metrics on sales now, so they would be smart to produce to known numbers, which would dictate having a run that doesn't result in reduced retail pricing 3 months after the release. That said, it may be easier in the future to get 3PO than it might be to go and collect R2. Conjecture.

Chogokin-R2-D2-01.jpg

Here's the Chogokin R2-D2 next to the Sideshow C-3P0. It looks pretty good, but it would look best alongside the Chogokin C-3P0 because of the matching style and diecast construction (and stand). If you're planning to display an Artoo with any other figures like the Hot Toys Leia or Luke, it fits in perfectly. It looks particularly fantastic by the Hot Toys ANH Leia.

Get a look at the design details of the Chogokin R2-D2 with Star Wars Researcher Seiji Takahasi, who played an integral role in the development process of the figure.

This little R2 looks fantastic! I cannot wait to receive him!

Back