Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to whoever posted the instructions on how to make the eyes more accurate. I ended up using the orange wrapper that comes with Jaffa Cakes. Pretty pleased with the results.

Yup the filters definitely make a huge difference. Now if there was just an easier way to activate the damn lights...

Yeah, argue over which is better - SSC or Tama - but the lights activation on the SSC gets two thumbs up from me. And yes, I did say thumbs.

:lol Yeah, the light up on both C-3PO and R2 is brilliant. It's not like the Tama is unreachable, but a simple touch to the back of the head is much better than opening the head, flipping a tiny switch and reassembling :lol

Yup the filters definitely make a huge difference. Now if there was just an easier way to activate the damn lights...

Yeah, argue over which is better - SSC or Tama - but the lights activation on the SSC gets two thumbs up from me. And yes, I did say thumbs.

:lol Yeah, the light up on both C-3PO and R2 is brilliant. It's not like the Tama is unreachable, but a simple touch to the back of the head is much better than opening the head, flipping a tiny switch and reassembling :lol

I can't wait for the Hot Toys version. Remove all of 3PO's armor to get to the battery port, remove the batteries and put them back in, reset the switch, put all the armor back on, press the remote button to enjoy the lights for 15 minutes, but don't forget to remove all the armor again before the 15 minute timer runs out in order to turn off the switch or you'll have to do the battery step again.

I can't wait for the Hot Toys version. Remove all of 3PO's armor to get to the battery port, remove the batteries and put them back in, reset the switch, put all the armor back on, press the remote button to enjoy the lights for 15 minutes, but don't forget to remove all the armor again before the 15 minute timer runs out in order to turn off the switch or you'll have to do the battery step again.

:lol

... and all after 9 months of the HT 3PO proto headsculpt looking like a cross between an insect and a McQ 3PO, and people fretting over the $275-295 pricetag. Oh, but it comes with sound!:rotfl

Has any one used a HT stand for this figure? If so, how stable is it and does it scratch the paint in the figure?

It's funny, after seeing so many pictures of the SS figure these past couple weeks, the hands on the Tama are starting to look small to me in some pics. :lol

Has any one used a HT stand for this figure? If so, how stable is it and does it scratch the paint in the figure?

Works great for mine. I just removed the two small plastic nubs that are on the ends then wrap the crotch grabber with a little bit of electrical tape to prevent scratching.

I imagine one would work, but the waist grabber the figure comes with works and looks so much better. Especially since it's transparent and you can barely see it from the front.

I was thinking of getting a couple of HT stands to display him with R2

Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Now that I looked at my display again, I used two round SS stands for them. I kept Threepio's intact and cut a half circle out of Artoo's so they stand closer to each other. I really disliked the stand Threepio came with.
09856b1c8b44197c57ac258d94f2f5ee.jpg
7ba091623dd338b98c0c1834b93981a4.jpg

And I guess I didn't remove the nubs on the end of the crotch grabber.

Those are really cool! Thanks for sharing. Too bad I already made one of my own haha

The nice thing about the Tama switch being underneath the faceplate is that you consciously have to remove it to turn it off so it's not like you are going to forget to turn it off and wear down the battery. That's been such a bane with all of these electronic toys like Artoo and the Probe Droid with battery leakage and battery drain even when they are powered off. I rarely even touch them once they are in my display case but if I want to show them off to someone I will pull them out and turn them on for demonstration purposes so I can say "See? His eyes light up" and them promptly turn them back off and return to the display case.

Back