Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im gonna pick one of these up on ebay in a few weeks.price point seems around £250-£275.
I have ss c3po exclusive on its way soon,gonna put that towards the cost.
Never realised this was the one to have.

Some more pics.

Untitled-1 sm3po2.jpg

IMGP3040 sm.jpg

The feeling this figure first gave to me, as a collector, was unique.
I don't fancy Iron Man that much, nor my friends that also collect, so I have not hold one Iron Man Die Cast. I cannot compare then.
As far as Robocop goes, even if it's a great figure, it's no match for this figure as far as Die Cast and realism feel goes.
I am glad I jumped on this figure I think it was 260 USD.

Of course it has flaws. The working pistons are bigger, but I can pass that for the overall feel.
I did the eye mod, stock was too bright, and the only thing that still bothers me from time to time, is that this figure, well weathered, would be total nuts.

The weathering would add realism, more STAR WARS feeling, and also improve one of its (minor) flaws: I think the golden colour is too bright, I think C-3PO was more yellow.

Maybe someday!

Just got my Tamashii Threepio. My God! :horror This figure is absolutely STUNNING! This is, unquestionably, the BEST C-3PO that will EVER be produced in 1:6 scale. There's no way Sideshow or even Hot Toys will ever beat it. SO glad I pulled the trigger on this one! If you are still on the fence do yourself a favor and get it. He is worth EVERY penny and the price will only go up once these are gone. He will be sought after by collectors for years to come. Get him!

What!!!!? A positive review from kl241? This is impossible. It has never happened. The universe just inverted. Black is white. Girls are boys!

I can't believe it. I'm going on the hunt for one of these right now, dammit! You better not be lying kl.

What!!!!? A positive review from kl241? This is impossible. It has never happened. The universe just inverted. Black is white. Girls are boys!

I can't believe it. I'm going on the hunt for one of these right now, dammit! You better not be lying kl.

Hey, would I lie to you? :lol Trust me. No way this could be topped. The Hot Toys one might talk or have real wires in the torso but it will not beat the gold plated diecast metal finish. This thing has some real heft. Truly a museum quality display piece, not some hot "toy."

This will just be re-released, repaint or not. Bandai always do that, eventually.

Is that the Bandai 12' Perfect model of the R2-D2 (diecast) was halt and will not be release ? if so i have to consider buying the Sideshow deluxe version

Thanks

I do think R2 from Tamashii is coming. It's just a matter of time. Bandai is leveraging the Star Wars license with full force. We'll see him as an SH Figurarts first, and then the 1/6 scale

The SSC version does look nice. It has its issues just like the Tamashi but I'm glad I got the Tama and don't need another 3PO.

My SS 3P0 will be here Friday, & I can't wait to see & compare it with my Tamashi. The SS 3P0 will go next to my SS Jabba & Throne. My Tamashi is a stand alone piece (with SS R2 of course). I'm still hoping Tamashi can come through with a proper die cast R2-D2 of their own someday.

Will never happen, especially with HT in the game. Pretty sure Tamashii lost a boatload on 3PO and their prototype R2 was underscaled, anyway. HT will release a worthy R2.

Similar to how the Hot Toys Bespin Luke probably helped get Hot Toys the license, that 3PO got Tamashii in the game, but at 1/12 scale in the end. They're putting out pretty nice figures in that scale.

Hmm... judging by that comp, I'd say the Tama's looking a little better (overall shine and headsculpt accuracy,) but SSC's 3PO came out very nice and has a number of aspects that have bested the Tama - I'll have both in-hand Monday to compare.

I like how SSC's 3PO comes weathered though - nice to have both a clean and dirty 3PO.

Back