Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't misunderstand. I like the PT, I am just not under the impression that they are great films.

Some of the most horrible movies have some of the coolest **** come from them. That's my take on the PT... just enjoy the cool characters and ships it birthed, and laugh at the rest. :lol

Don't misunderstand. I like the PT, I am just not under the impression that they are great films.

That, they are not. But I think we're on the same page. If greatness was my standard for enjoying movies, I don't think I'd be much of a movie fan. I'd probably have skipped the 80's altogether (at least, the fun part of the 80's).

Nah, mostly just poking at VDG, he's generaly not a fan of the PT. I've got no real " OMG GORG LUKASS RUINED MUH CHILDHOOD" going on in regards to the pt.
Where are you getting this from? :lol

I've said multiple times in here that I'm a fan of the PT - I just have no problem making fun of the crap parts.

It's like all the champagne discussion & humour I've provided here on the PT so far, has fallen on deaf Lerath ears. :lol

I've said multiple times in here that I'm a fan of the PT - I just have no problem making fun of the crap parts.

It's like all the champagne discussion & humour I've provided here on the PT so far, has fallen on deaf Lerath ears. :lol

You hate the PT and Sideshow Vaders with the same passion, we know it.:lol

Nah, not talking about you, Just that there are people out there who have that viewpoint VDG.

:wave The prequels are among the most disappointing and frustrating movie experiences I have ever had.

For people wondering about the new R2 scale, he will not display correctly with the Tamashii 3PO. At 6.75 he's at least .1/4" too short. I suspect SSC will be making a shorter 3PO.

Hey, maybe 6.75" is wrong - it's not like SSC hasn't screwed up dimensions on their specs pages before.

I'll be grabbing R2 later in the year, now I'm just curious to see what they'll do with 3PO. Neither of these characters I expected SSC to be releasing any time soon - we probably have Tama to thank in part. ;)

Does Tamashii even have any plans to make an R2 anymore? Do they have a website or somewhere we can get information out of them or have they just moved on to other things now that they aren't partners with SS?

I think Sideshow is setting themselves up for failure if they release a 1/6 scale Threepio. How can you improve on perfection? Maybe they think they'll get a sufficient amount of orders at a lower price point. I definitely was not impressed with their premium format Threepio.

It will be a shame too if the Sideshow R2 scale is visually out of scale with the Tamashii Threepio... especially if Tamashii never releases a R2. At 6.75 inches in height, like Sideshow's web site says, I think it will be fine. Time will tell...

If sideshow gives 3PO the ability to sit it may be a hit out of the park. Separate sitting legs lower half? I'd buy that.

Back