Tamashii Soul of Chogokin C-3PO & R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A good tip too with metal 3PO, is to keep him on a lower tier in your cabinet.

I know - it's common sense, but it actually ain't that common.. :lol

Of course the most simple and elegant solution is just to not use the 3PO stand. ;)

I kept all the figure stand consistent for all the Sideshow, Medicom and Marmit. Using only the Sideshow stand.

IMG_1871_zpsacef885c.jpg

Also removed what ever label on it. So that the viewer will only focus on the figure. This I will keep doing for future figures (except for the Taunt Taun). ��

A good tip too with metal 3PO, is to keep him on a lower tier in your cabinet.

I know - it's common sense, but it actually ain't that common.. :lol

A very sensible tip indeed. One that I have not heeded! I have mine on a precarious ledge--just so he can be highly visible to me. Another reason why I keep him on his stand.

IMG_2912.JPG

Wall-E and the antique photo timer will have to go. The Boba helmet and Slave I is already gone.

I don't rate that stand at all - mine wouldn't hold the figure, & the whole idea of it touching the torso wires is crap.

I'm just waiting for one of you (hope not), to report in that the clamp gave way, & the carnage that ensued was painful. :lol

The clamp definitely wouldn't hold with an extreme bump or push. The clamp opens and closes without a natural state of being in either position. For instance, the HT clamps like the ones that come with Iron Man are naturally in a state of being closed. As are Sideshow's old waist wire clamps. This one, if you open it, it stays open, and vice versa. So that is the fatal flaw in the design. I'm thinking of closing the loop of the clamp with a little filament so if something extreme happens, he won't slip out of the clamp.

But I do feel the clamp fits very well on Threepio. I haven't experienced any damage in the wires, and I don't think you can damage the wires when the figure is standing still in the clamp. The only way I see damage happening is if you were to keep taking him in and out of the clamp and maybe not opening the clamp fully when you do that. I think it holds fine for every day security.

I might consider the crotch clamp but I would definitely wrap some soft fabric on the wire so the area won't get scratched.

For a moment I wondered if your Alien display was an antique microwave. :wink1:

Be a hell of a way to destroy a xenomorph!

:rotfl Kinda like in Gremlins!

Unless you're having massive tremors or shaking the shelf the stand should do fine. :lol

I really don't see the problem with it besides the fact that its kinda ugly.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

So sad! What did he ever do to you? ;)

Any plans to get him out of retirement for when R2 comes, or will you wait for Sideshow's Threepio instead?

Once I put any new figure in the Bestå I give it the old slap test.

I literally give the Bestå a good whack with the palm of my hand, and if any figure even wobbles a bit I adjust the pose/positioning accordingly. Plus I have the cabinet bolted to the wall for stability, that thing doesn't move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So sad! What did he ever do to you? ;)

Any plans to get him out of retirement for when R2 comes, or will you wait for Sideshow's Threepio instead?
That is so sad. :(

I can imagine his muffled cries from the darkness: "Well, now, something's not right, because now I can't see!"
I'm talking about the stand fellas. :lol

Back