Takara Dark Knight Batman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Takara Dark Knight Batman

Takara Dark Knight Batman....interesting.....still no signs of the Takara Indy though

Great News. But Batman DX is Superb.

Man this would be the ultimate irony. Don't forget they beat out HT, Medicom, and DCD with their Begins suit Batman before the Original Suit Batman came out.

Think about it. The Begins suit Batman was thin. Hot Toys seems to have a problem with that for their TDK suit Batman. Takara might just pull it off and make the best TDK Batman figure yet that is until Hot Toys comes back and makes an even better one.

This will be interesting.

The thing is I don't think the market would honestly support HT going back to the well on a TDK Batman. The MMSDX is their "last" shot at it IMHO and if Takara releases one better, I really think HT won't get customers to get the MMSDX and then get another if they want to outdo. That being said I really think it is a tall bill for Takara to beat out the MMSDX especially since the armor still hasn't been shown (the armor on the proto is from the first release of the TDK suit), they still have tooling to do and could take what Takara is doing and one up them.

No F K ing way ! To enter into the game after everyone else, they must think they have something to compete with.

Yep.

This is cool. I JUST got my Hot Toys Original Suit Batman today. Previously I thought the Takara Begins Batman was the best Batman to date. There was a time when that was true until Hot Toys Batman came in and blew it away.

Now, three years later the process may be reversing itself and the Takara TDK suit may actually be the best TDK Batman yet. I'll wait and see what Takara has up their sleeve.

Hot Toys needs some competition to keep em hungry. I like where this is going.

Sean-Bean-GoldenEye.6.jpg

"you'll like it where we're going"

Now where is Indy, Takara? We don't need another Batman in this party, but Indy is always welcome. He's more fun.

We don't need another Batman in this party.

Speak for yourself. In my opinion competition equals better product. The more Batmans, the more chances of getting the perfect one.

I wonder if they'll be able to work the same magic like they did with the BB figure. The difference this time is that HT and (to a lesser extent) Medicom have raised the stakes and upped their game. Back then the Takara BB figure was widely regarded as the "best" out of the lot but it was a rather poor competition of look-alikes. Frankly, I haven't seen anything lately that would make me consider them a major contender; but I'd like to be surprised.

I dont think it will approach the DX quality. The Takara Batman was a very simple design, just a 2 piece rubber suit but it was very elegantly styled. Plus it had the Wayne head, not the best sculpt but good for its time. Its was more than the other companies gave you, thats why everyone loved it.

Great! If its on the Indy time line we should see pix in 2011 :rock

Says "page not found"when i click on that link??

I do nt have the patience for Takara though,they re worse for info than the old Sideshow was!

Wow. Did not see this coming. This is going to get interesting.

EDIT: This is what Eddie had to say:

"I removed the entry. I don't think it warrants a page as it is just a bit of info. I asked if they will do a TDK Bats and one of the Cool Girls dude replied, "It's hard to say considering there are already some very good TDK Bats on the market. We're not ruling it out, though."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back