Takara Batman Begins question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all,

Ive heard that the material used for the Takara Batman Begins figure's armor isn't very durable so I was wondering, would clear coat over the armor help? Or would it just eat away at the suit?

Thanks

The suit is made of very flexible rubber. I don't think clear coat would help in strength or appearance. I think the suit is durable enough, just watch for tearing if you're going nuts with the posing. My issue with the suit is that if you have it out in the open and it collects some dust, it's really hard to clean...it sticks to the rubber. And...will the rubber dry out in 10 years and crack...? It is the nicest of the 3 Batman Begins 1/6 import figures. But it's defiantly one for a display case.

clear coat is for girls' fingernails and cars. leave takara batman out of it! :lol:lol

McHaleyArt said:
My issue with the suit is that if you have it out in the open and it collects some dust, it's really hard to clean...it sticks to the rubber. And...will the rubber dry out in 10 years and crack...?

This issue (in combination with the current price of this) is what made me go for the Hot Toys version instead. I don't need a Dustman Debuts action figure. :lol

Hot Toys Batman is an Ok figure, but the armor is just too big for the underlying body. Makes Batman look fat. :lol

nash said:
Hot Toys Batman is an Ok figure, but the armor is just too big for the underlying body.:lol
I agree that it's not perfect (though I have more issues with the headsculpt than the body armor), and in an all-else-being-equal equation I'd give the Takara the edge. But at (currently) almost twice the price and highly questionable durability and displayability, the HT edges it out.

I demand a mash-up of the best features of both items!

IMO question of durability is all speculation. LIke ive said, I have had my Tak Batman since it first came out which was over a year ago now, and No problems what so ever. Sure the tacky suit is a bit annoying, but you cant even see the dust unless you get up close to it like a few inches. just wipe it off with a damp soft cloth.

I don't recommend this per se but with a lot of rubber figs coming out (HT Aliens Warrior, etc) I will be using ArmorAll wipes from time to time to preserve it, best time is just before display and just before retuning it to the box for future display...

have you tried that on Tak batman yet pjam? doesnt it make him too shiny?

nash said:
have you tried that on Tak batman yet pjam? doesnt it make him too shiny?

I don't have a Tak, just a HT but will be using Armor all wipes to preserve my figs which need them...

Armor All is junk. It will dry out rubber/plastic to where you will have to use Armor All all the time.

At least that is true for cars, but I would think the same for use on anything.

im thinkin the tackiness of the Takara Bat suit is going to help preserve it.

EVILFACE said:
Armor All is junk. It will dry out rubber/plastic to where you will have to use Armor All all the time.

I don't believe that is a fair comparison unless you keep your car in an enclosed garage... at room temperaturte and never let it out. :lol Anyway, to each his own, i will be using them for some of my figs and like I said, after display, when needed, wiping them down before they go back in the box...

Last edited:
nash said:
IMO question of durability is all speculation. LIke ive said, I have had my Tak Batman since it first came out which was over a year ago now, and No problems what so ever. Sure the tacky suit is a bit annoying, but you cant even see the dust unless you get up close to it like a few inches.
True enough, and if this were last year instead of now, I'd have probably gone with the Tak. I'd be willing to take a chance on it for $150, but not for $300....

I've heard the same thing from professional detailers. When I got my new car a few years ago, the first thing they told me is not to use AA in my car for the reasons you specified.

That said, I'd be worried about applying a solution like that on Bats. I'm just going to hope a climate controled, a/c cooled house will keep him in one piece for years to come :eek:

I've heard the same thing from professional detailers. When I got my new car a few years ago, the first thing they told me is not to use AA in my car for the reasons you specified.

That said, I'd be worried about applying a solution like that on Bats. I'm just going to hope a climate controled, a/c cooled house will keep him in one piece for years to come :eek:

what did they recommend using on a car instead of AA?

what did they recommend using on a car instead of AA?

I never would've guessed, but I was told warm water. The material has it's own oils, so apparently using AA only drys it out, causing the cracks over time. I've gone by this for my car that I bought in 2005 and it's been good as new (the new car smell is even still there somewhat). Just my experience :)

Back