Takara Batman Begins question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about silicone grease? Would that work?

I was wondering about that myself. I use Silicone lubricant on my airsoft pistols for the rubber seals, and that doesn't melt or damage them, so I guess it would be safe to use on Bats.

Get him too shiney though, and he might look like he's wearing a gimp suit.....:D.

Also on the neck part of the cowl, the shiney paint is coming off. But underneath the plastic matches with the matt finish of the head.
Anyone else noticed this?

I think I will be removing the paint from the neck piece.

Guys, I need help from those of you who have this figure in hand.

I just got mine in, and it's definitely going back. It has what look like dimples in the knees of the rubber suit, as if there were air bubbles between the mold and the rubber when it was being formed. Here are a couple of pictures:

tak-bat-knees.jpg

tak-bat-knees-closeup.jpg

I need to know if this is a widespread problem. If it is, I'm asking for a refund. If not, maybe a replacement instead. I know I'm not going to be happy having a $190 figure in my collection if it has defects like this, and I don't want to pay for shipping to ship a replacement back if it's going to have the same problems (I think the store will pay for one return only).

So, can you check your figures?

Guys, I need help from those of you who have this figure in hand.

I just got mine in, and it's definitely going back. It has what look like dimples in the knees of the rubber suit, as if there were air bubbles between the mold and the rubber when it was being formed. Here are a couple of pictures:

tak-bat-knees.jpg

tak-bat-knees-closeup.jpg

I need to know if this is a widespread problem. If it is, I'm asking for a refund. If not, maybe a replacement instead. I know I'm not going to be happy having a $190 figure in my collection if it has defects like this, and I don't want to pay for shipping to ship a replacement back if it's going to have the same problems (I think the store will pay for one return only).

So, can you check your figures?

I have the first version of the Takara Batman and it doesn’t have those dimples in the knees.
Looking at the picture it doesn’t seem to be dangerous for a possible future break of the material. If you feel much more comfortable asking for a refund, do it. A replacement would be better because this is a must have figure.
I hope you can solve this as soon as possible.
Good luck.

Mine has those dimples too, but it seems like this re-release is prone to these small little manufacturing markes for the rubber. I never noticed until looking at this thread so I'm not going to get it replaced, a small detail.

the left arm of my second tak bat figure is all morphed.. as in the rubber on the bicep is "crumpled"..not sure if thats a word.. but as much as i want an exchange.. i couldnt be bothered toi go through with shipping..which would coist me the price of a whole another figure:monkey2

Mine has a knee dimple as well.

Honestly, I wouldn't have even noticed if it wasn't pointed out here.

I can live with it, but I can see how someone would want their figure to be perfect for the amount of money they're paying.

Thanks to everyone for weighing in.

If it were just one or even two dimples, I'd keep it, no question. I love this movie!

But there's like 6 dimples and a pretty deep slash on the side of the left knee (it's barely visible on the first pic), plus a scratch on the emblem I didn't mention. This is likely just a bad one and a replacement might not have as many imperfections, but then, I got to thinking, when it comes down to it I know it would bother me knowing i paid this much for even a slightly marred figure. So, I'm returning it and will wait for the Dark Knight figure that'll hopefully come soon.

Thanks again.

b

Thanks to everyone for weighing in.

If it were just one or even two dimples, I'd keep it, no question. I love this movie!

But there's like 6 dimples and a pretty deep slash on the side of the left knee (it's barely visible on the first pic), plus a scratch on the emblem I didn't mention. This is likely just a bad one and a replacement might not have as many imperfections, but then, I got to thinking, when it comes down to it I know it would bother me knowing i paid this much for even a slightly marred figure. So, I'm returning it and will wait for the Dark Knight figure that'll hopefully come soon.

Thanks again.

b

I know what you mean. Something similar happened to me with a Hot toys figure. I live in South America, so the shipping cost of the return was almost the same of the figure.
I just wish you: Good luck :)

Mine has those same marks. i just figured they were part of the suit :)
As for shoulder crumples, mine has those a little as well, but then I've been posing the hell out of him.

Back