takara batman begins again

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I pre-ordered this as well and it is the most I have also ever paid for a 1/6 figure. I was nutty one night and instead of ordering from a store in the states I ordered one from Hong Kong because I am supposed to get it this month instead of in March. Hopefully, everything will go through smoothly....the store I bought it from had excellent reviews from people in the states. We will see........

Imo Bale is THE ONLY Batman. Keaton, Clooney and whoever else, is just laughable at the roles they played.

batusi-702587.jpg

does the old bats come on t.v. anymore?

last time I saw it was halloween 07, i think. about 3 in the morning. personally, I can understand that its a batman show created during a weird time. what I cant understand is how did hell did it influenced batman 3 and 4 so much. honestly, there's just so much recycle ideas in this biz and not enough originality.

last time I saw it was halloween 07, i think. about 3 in the morning. personally, I can understand that its a batman show created during a weird time. what I cant understand is how did hell did it influenced batman 3 and 4 so much. honestly, there's just so much recycle ideas in this biz and not enough originality.

True, but you have to admit, the "holy rusted metal, Batman" in Forever was funny :loly

No. I tried looking for the original episodes everywhere to no avail. However, I will soon acquire just about all of the episodes on dvd unofficial of course. If anyone wants a copy let me know.

Wow, this is awesome. Now I will have the Takara Batman to go along with DarkArtist's custom Joker. Life is good.

No. I tried looking for the original episodes everywhere to no avail. However, I will soon acquire just about all of the episodes on dvd unofficial of course. If anyone wants a copy let me know.

WHAT?! ORIGINAL BATMAN YOU SAY?!

https://www.sidereel.com/Batman

not alo. but better than nothing. the funny thing is, if you go back and read the comics from this era, they are not to different from the show.

I allways thought it was Ironic that this version of batman was the most true to the source material.

The visuals were richer in Burton's Batmans because there didn't need to be a real world rationale to it, where Nolan's Batman relies heavily on having some real world, plausible cause and reason for everything coming to be...Burton's Batman films are good for fun and escapism of a childish nature, and Nolan's are a refreshing, adult take on Batman that for the most part, makes you feel like you could go somewhere in the world and find what you see on screen going on for real.

That's the thing about Batman. He is not a fantasy superhero. He's just a man, with money and a mind. He has no unreal elements, and that is why Nolan's film had so much more power to it than Burton's. Making a fantasy movie out of the character almost mocks the fact that such a man is 100% possible. I'm sure that wasn't what Burton was after (atleast, I assume so; I'll give him the benefit of the doubt) but I think it's why the first pales so utterly in comparison to Batman Begins. '89 Batman ultimately sold the character short (did wonders for the Joker, though).

On the Takara figure, can anyone who owns it tell me if the cape is connected to the masked head? Or can you display the Bruce Wayne head with the cape still attached?

My biggest beef with burtan's batman was the direction he seemed to be going. batman does not kill.
In the first film, joker dies in an accident caused by batman...
second film, he is FORCED to kill Penguin.
I know burton was gone by film 3, but his influence was still there, and batman CHOOSES to kill harvey dent.
in the words of mr horse,
"no sir, I don't Like it."

"no sir, I don't Like it."

No doubt.

I think the Prince video killed the whole thing for me early on too. First impressions and all. It just seemed too 80's Hollywood upper crust. It had the same kind of pretentiousness as a Manhattan modern art gallery, waif models, cocaine, and all the late 80's bilge that made the early 90's purge such a welcome relief.

I remember the sense of awe when I watched the original "Batman" (Tim Burton) back in 1989. Everything was just perfect.

It was my favorite Batman movie, that is until Batman Begins came out. That is my favorite now - and not just favorite "Batman" movie - but overall favorite movie. I think the upcoming "The Dark Knight" would rank right up there along with it.

I remember going nuts over the '89 movie - bought the toys, even have (and still do!) the movie adaptation with really beautiful art by Jerry Ordway.

BatmanMovieAdaptation.jpg

On the Takara figure, can anyone who owns it tell me if the cape is connected to the masked head? Or can you display the Bruce Wayne head with the cape still attached?

The cape isn't connected to the masked head. What the cape has is a little hole where the neck post goes through, then there's the piece that goes around the neck and you pop the head back on completing the "cowl".

So yes, you can display the Bruce Wayne head with the cape attached.

Here's a pic if it'll help you.....

BatmanUnmasked.jpg

And just some other shots, sorry about the grainy ones.

BatmanPortrait.jpg

Batman01.jpg

Batman.jpg

As for the 1/6th figure itself, the promotional pics released by TAKARA was enough to blow me away. Comparing the photos, I did consider the MEDICOM version for abit, (and I didn't like the suit nor pointy ears/nose on the Hot Toys version) but it was the extra Bruce Wayne head and more accessories that sealed the deal for me.

Last edited:
Awesome. Thanks Bigfoot. Just what I wanted to hear. I had him on order the first time around, but had to cancel. I've been wondering for a while, and now that I know, there's no way he's getting cancelled twice.

And take my 'review' with a grain of salt. I'm a grumpy old New England b*****d, and I know a lot of people love the '89 Batman. I do like both of Burton's, but if I had to name what I didn't like, then there it is. :monkey3

Could someone please tell me why it says "Cool Girl" Batman Begins??

Back