takara batman begins again

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved Burton's Batman when it came out.
Now as I look back at it - not so much. In fact I think most of it is pretty bad.
I like Batman Begins much better.
Except...
I think the '89 Batman had a much nicer looking suit and batmobile.
I think the new Dark Knight suit is even worse.

My only other gripe about Begins is that all the fight scenes are filmed poorly. I couldn't tell what was happening and who was hitting whom.

-Ray

IMHO, I think batman and batman begin are two completely different take on batman. Batman is set in a fantasy futuristic 50's era while batman begin is set in our world. both have their strengths and weakness. batman can be borderline goofy because of its unrealistic setting and batman begin can be lame because of its realistic setting. though to me both are enjoyable to watch. just my 2 cents :D

I loved Burton's Batman when it came out.
Now as I look back at it - not so much. In fact I think most of it is pretty bad.
I like Batman Begins much better.
Except...
I think the '89 Batman had a much nicer looking suit and batmobile.
I think the new Dark Knight suit is even worse.

My only other gripe about Begins is that all the fight scenes are filmed poorly. I couldn't tell what was happening and who was hitting whom.

-Ray

I agree competely, I still think the tumbler is a poor choice. a giant truck/suv? which exec's idea is that? perhap the one that has stocks in certain car company?

And yeah, the fight scenes are horrible, on TV, its actually okay, but on the big screen, its just blur.

IMHO, I think batman and batman begin are two completely different take on batman. Batman is set in a fantasy futuristic 50's era while batman begin is set in our world. both have their strengths and weakness. batman can be borderline goofy because of its unrealistic setting and batman begin can be lame because of its realistic setting. though to me both are enjoyable to watch. just my 2 cents :D

Agreed. The visuals were richer in Burton's Batmans because there didn't need to be a real world rationale to it, where Nolan's Batman relies heavily on having some real world, plausible cause and reason for everything coming to be. As much as I love the 89 Batmobile, the Tumbler is more plausible because it doesn't require Wayne to miraculously know how to build a souped up car, just have the resource to acquire one. Same with the suit in Begins, it's busy and more techno than the Keaton suit, but it's more plausible because again, Wayne doesn't have to be a jack of all trades to make his tools, most of them are pre-built and he bastardizes them to meet his needs. Burton's Batman films are good for fun and escapism of a childish nature, and Nolan's are a refreshing, adult take on Batman that for the most part, makes you feel like you could go somewhere in the world and find what you see on screen going on for real.

I was never really into comic-book heros,but now I'm turning into a real Batman fanatic after seeing both begins & the new DarkNight trailer.The new Takara Figure also has me very exited.

Agreed. The visuals were richer in Burton's Batmans because there didn't need to be a real world rationale to it, where Nolan's Batman relies heavily on having some real world, plausible cause and reason for everything coming to be. As much as I love the 89 Batmobile, the Tumbler is more plausible because it doesn't require Wayne to miraculously know how to build a souped up car, just have the resource to acquire one. Same with the suit in Begins, it's busy and more techno than the Keaton suit, but it's more plausible because again, Wayne doesn't have to be a jack of all trades to make his tools, most of them are pre-built and he bastardizes them to meet his needs. Burton's Batman films are good for fun and escapism of a childish nature, and Nolan's are a refreshing, adult take on Batman that for the most part, makes you feel like you could go somewhere in the world and find what you see on screen going on for real.

Ditto. I think that's why batman the animated series is so much more than either movie. there's even an episode called "mechanic" (i think) where they explain where batman's batmobil comes from.

I was never really into comic-book heros,but now I'm turning into a real Batman fanatic after seeing both begins & the new DarkNight trailer.The new Takara Figure also has me very exited.

There is something majestic about the suit on screen that lends itself to becoming a beautiful figure if done right.

Minivader was absolutely correct. He summed everything I was thinking into one paragraph...which grammar school did you goto...lol

I was by some miracle able to snag one from BBTS back when it was first released after they had pre-sold out, because I guess someone canceled or their CC was declined. I have to say out of everything I own (figures, statues), it's one of my top 10 favorite pieces. I immediately put in a pre-order for another one when I saw they were going to be released again. Pieces like these I like to have back ups for, just in case.

I feel you on that. Do you know of anyone who has the Catwoman CG from Takara? Please do let me know. I'm trying to sculpt a human version of it.

It's interesting to see how the opinions have changed on the Takara since it's release. Back then everyone was about the HT version - which is great, except for the head sculpt. That alone (and the neck joint) is enough to elevate the Takara for me.

It's interesting to see how the opinions have changed on the Takara since it's release. Back then everyone was about the HT version - which is great, except for the head sculpt. That alone (and the neck joint) is enough to elevate the Takara for me.

As you probably are already aware of this Dave, I wouldn't be surprised that there was a great bias towards the Hot Toys version over its Takara counterpart, due to the fact that a lot of those inviduals didn't own the latter of the two. My understanding is they probably had the HT version, and couldn't access the Takara release, because of the crazy prices it commanded on the bay. Instead of admitting they may have the inferior product of the two, they decided to declare the existing figure in their collection the better one. It happens a lot. Not with everyone, but a lot of us feel the need to say we own the better product, simply because we have it in our possession. Once those people get both of them in their hands, I wouldn't be surprised that a lot more opinions will change.

Now that people can get the Takara piece for more than half off what it was going for six months ago, all of a sudden the general opinion has changed. How convenient. hehe

Looking from Michael Crawford's comparison photos of the Medicom, HT, and Takara Bats, I could easily see which was the far superior product of the three. In fact a HT Batman became available to me at a decent price, yet I didn't bite. That nose and cowl bothers me. However, when bbts.com put up the preorder for the re-release of the Takara, it took me no time at all to submit my order! Price be dammed! 166 US for a figure before shipping and duties is a lot to me. That is the most I ever spent on 1/6 figure. That HT I could have had would have been a LOT cheaper. Oh, that also comes from a Batman collector, and months before Takara announced they would re-release their Batman.

My opinion remains unchanged. Takara has the best headsculpt by far, but I still don't like the one piece rubber suit or the thin cape material and that neck joint is still ugly as sin. I had both on pre-order during their original release, so it's wasn't the inability to procure one that affected my judgment.

As you probably are already aware of this Dave, I wouldn't be surprised that there was a great bias towards the Hot Toys version over its Takara counterpart, due to the fact that a lot of those inviduals didn't own the latter of the two. My understanding is they probably had the HT version, and couldn't access the Takara release, because of the crazy prices it commanded on the bay. Instead of admitting they may have the inferior product of the two, they decided to declare the existing figure in their collection the better one. It happens a lot. Not with everyone, but a lot of us feel the need to say we own the better product, simply because we have it in our possession. Once those people get both of them in their hands, I wouldn't be surprised that a lot more opinions will change.

Now that people can get the Takara piece for more than half off what it was going for six months ago, all of a sudden the general opinion has changed. How convenient. hehe

Looking from Michael Crawford's comparison photos of the Medicom, HT, and Takara Bats, I could easily see which was the far superior product of the three. In fact a HT Batman became available to me at a decent price, yet I didn't bite. That nose and cowl bothers me. However, when bbts.com put up the preorder for the re-release of the Takara, it took me no time at all to submit my order! Price be dammed! 166 US for a figure before shipping and duties is a lot to me. That is the most I ever spent on 1/6 figure. That HT I could have had would have been a LOT cheaper. Oh, that also comes from a Batman collector, and months before Takara announced they would re-release their Batman.

I had both. Just sold the Takara one. Overall quality on the Hot Toys product was much better.

I had the HT Bats but sold it to get Takara's. I liked the HT one but the poses were limited and I hated that big thick cape.
Takara's looks to hold some crazy poses and, although a thinner material was used, the cape looks better to me.

takara makes some very nice products. I do wish they would commit to making more 1/6 characters, thou.

Their jin roh was a total home run, the quality and craftmanship just blows everything that was out there. And immediatly there was an announcement with 5 more jin roh troopers. Alas, none were made except for the first one. which is so bizarr in this business, why would a toy company create a brand new base body (genexcore) then pretty much abandon it after only 2 releases? not to mention with jin roh, they only need to change the equipments to create new releases?

(they did a lot of cy girls, that line is pretty much dead now too, each release are so far apart. )

I had both. Just sold the Takara one. Overall quality on the Hot Toys product was much better.

Looks like you maybe in the minority my friend. Not that it should matter. Just because everyone may like red doesn't mean your favorite colour can't be blue. Your opinion is just as good as everyone elses. Just different is all.

I for one can not wait to get my Takara Batman. Oh how I long to display him in my collection. I have wanted this piece since I first laid eyes upon it.

James bro, youre going to love Takara Bat. Trust me :)

Back