Supernatural Discussion Spoilers and Stuff

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And officially up to speed again. :rock

I liked seeing Kevin back, albeit for a brief time, but nonetheless. Very fitting. I miss the guy. I also liked seeing Bartholomew out of the picture now. Castiel with his own army for the greater good? This could be awesome!

Oh and.....

GHOST....GHOSTFACERS!!! (Next week!) :D

That's awesome. The last episode was great. I liked seeing Lauren Tom as Mama Tran again. One thing I wonder about, though: at the end of last season, Dean said "killing hellhounds, curing demons; there's enough here to turn the tides," yet I haven't seen them try to do it once after Crowley.:lol They had that Demon tied up and everything, and he said, himself that he was young. I guess the whole thing is kind of crazy to me that, in the beginning, everybody's worried about taking a life, then Ruby's magic blade comes along and all of a sudden, Winchesters are on the "gung-ho, kill 'me all!" bandwagon, and, now, we find out that Demon's can legitimately be cured, and it's back to "nope, let's just kill 'em."

I just think there are some cool storylines that curing a demon could open up. Hell, have a "Firestorm" situation (if you're familiar with comics), where the cured demon and his vessel learn to coexist in the same body. You could even do a spin-off about a demon becoming a Hunter as penance for all the **** he did over the centuries.

I like her a lot too. For some reason though, I thought she had already been killed?? Obviously not, but I was confused when they said that she was still alive.

As for the curing demons thing, yeah, they're 'flip-floppers.' :lol When Sam was 'juicing,' saving the human was his excuse to justify his actions. Nowadays, it's kill first, ask questions later. I kind of miss the more cautious Winchesters.

With that being said, I'm falling more and more out of favor with Dean and more in favor with Sam. Dean is losing it. I thought that set the mood pretty well at the end of the last episode, when Dean accused Sam of making the decisions had the roles been reversed. And Sam correcting him, basically saying no. He wouldn't have done all that Dean did and would have let Dean die. I think Dean has lost sight of a lot of things. They had the chance to 'close' Hell and he favored his brother. (I completely understand....but still, I think the 'old' Dean would have had to REALLY think that one through.) Then you got him making deals with angels?? No way. That's not Dean of yesteryear. I still like Dean, but he's changing for the worst. Sam is definitely the better decision maker of the two now.

And you think we'll see Kevin again (and not a tortured/angry soul Kevin)? I hope so.

(I need to read those comics, BTW. Sounds awesome.)

Well, Firestorm was basically two characters; Ronnie Raymond and Jason Rusch; basically, a lab accident caused them to fuse together into at an atomic level into the superhero called Firestorm. They could live their own lives, but the schtick was, generally, that, when they were in superhero form, Rusch was in control while Raymond was his co-pilot, of sorts; talking in his ear. It's nothing to do with Supernatural, but I just liked that idea that, after a demon was cured, he might not be exorcised, so, if his host was still alive, you could have an interesting dynamic, as, naturally, a reformed demon isn't going to want to do anymore harm (I.e. maintaining the "hostage" situation going on in the host's body).

I agree about Dean, as well. Dean's always been my favorite, but, after rewatching everything in a row, it kind of forced me to look at his progression objectively, and, when that moment came around, I literally slapped my head. Hell, the issue could've solved itself, when you think about it. Had Sam closed Hell, they'd have been free of that issue, and, with Heaven also being closed for business, they could've still kept the character around (albeit a little "ghostier":lol). End of the day, what Dean did was stupid. I could imagine Bobby saying something to him along the lines of "your brother was gonna close the gates of hell. That's like...unlimited brownie points for those winged douchebags. Not only was he gonna save a helluva lotta people, but he might a made his way offa this rock and finally got some damn rest. Ya Idjit.":lol

As for Kevin, it'd be cool to see his mom try and find ways to save him. At the end of the day, the show's called Supernatural, so I don't see how anybody can stay dead for long.:lol

As for Kevin, it'd be cool to see his mom try and find ways to save him. At the end of the day, the show's called Supernatural, so I don't see how anybody can stay dead for long.:lol

Bring back Bobby!

And John too please? C'mon can't their agents or someone negotiate something w/their work schedules or is it $$ issue?

I want Bobby back more than anything. Jim Beaver fan for life, here! I want John back, too, though. Honestly, there hasn't been a death on Supernatural that hasn't left me feeling a little bit down. If I had my way, the whole gang would be there; Ash, Ellen, Jo, John, etc. I always regretted that we didn't get to see Dean and Jo get together. Out of everyone of his match ups on the show, I'd say he and her were most compatible.

Agree on all points batfan. Thats what is so great about this show. The characters mean so much especially when someone dies. Unlike other average run of the mill shows where someone dies or leaves, and you don't even care. Good to see Kevin and his mom again. Bring on GHOSTFACERS! :yess:

Has anyone heard of the spinoff? I don't think anyone with the show is on it but it could be a cool new show to watch. About a hunter in Chicago fighting baddies.

Yeah, it's called Tribes, correct? I know that one guy's a Chicago cop who becomes a hunter, and another guy's a shifter who's trying to live a normal life, but that's about it.

I want someone to compile all of the "blood spatter on wall/window/surface" shots from SN into one of those supercuts; I bet it'd be at least 10 minutes long.:lol

Yeah, that was a little bit...awful. That's one situation where I wouldn't have cared if they use the Demon Blade.:lol

It really is crazy how different it is. Take, for instance, when the Magnus doppelgänger gets stabbed. He just shifts into someone else and Magnus says "shapeshifters; one of the good parts of having your own zoo," or something along those lines. What happened to those awesomely grotesque monsters who shedded their skin and peeled it off, while their bone structures cracked into different formations and their teeth fell out? It's almost like Supernatural's forgotten its roots.

The ultimate ending, for me, would be if the gates of heaven and hell are both closed, and we just get one final season of Sam and Dean on the road, doing what they do best. Tonally, it really has evolved from a straight-up horror show to what is pretty much an action adventure drama now. I still love the show, but it's incredibly different when you compare something like the most recent episode to the first season. Even the look of the show is different. The first few seasons had a very muted, grey color palette. It was ominous, and it looked like the world the Winchesters lived in was never very bright. It was a unique look that really had this dark, gritty, Americana feeling to it, but, as it went on, it looks like most other CW shows.

Well Said; for myself, season 7 was where the shift in tone happened. Sure, episodes in the past were goofy or funny, but there was always a nice balance to the mix, and the show always had the overall story arc for that season. last couple seasons, that main story arc is pretty muddled, and usually forgotten about until the end, then they wrap it up quickly, like D!CK in the finale of that year - man, those Leviathans were plain stupid

Frankly, the writers have gotten lazy

Also, and this is an issue I've had for a long time, but it really shows now with this goofy version of Supernatural: the characters other than Dean or Sam. They really need to respect their other characters.....even shows like vampire Diaries have a huge cast of smaller characters - I feel it really helps to broaden a show - something deeply deeply missing on Supernatural these days.

Last edited:
I'm still playing catch up. I was three episodes behind. About half of the last episode left (the one with the crazies - I haven't seen what the cause is yet).

But yeah, we're all SPN fans here, but man, I'm REALLY struggling nowadays. I love the show, but yeah. I think this show has potential for awesomeness though, just like the episode about Kain and his backstory, etc. etc. THAT was an awesome ep. And I don't know if it's the overall season plot that's lacking or if it's the fillers that are so bad. I was watching the recent one the other day (with the last remaining Men of Letters guy who had the blade, etc. etc.) That was good. The one with the return of the Ghostfacers was good too. The problem that I have is that they start out horrible, IMO. For the first 10 minutes, I'm struggling some days to even stay tuned in, but then it's like a switch is turned on and I'm hooked. It was never like that before, for me. I was hooked in the first minute. Probably sounds like I'm being picky, but the show has definitely lost steam to the point where I think this is definitely the worst season thus far. I guess I just miss the S4-S5 days, where basically every other episode advanced the overlying seasonal plot and had meaning.

In my opinion, and I've said this many of times, they need to go old school. Bring it back to demons vs. angels. Bring Lucifer back and have him team up with Crowley. Make it in the same vein as S5, without rehashing it to the 'T', but hey, that formula will STILL work. Hint at bringing God in and introduce him in the last few episodes and end the show with a bang. Figure out a way to bring Bobby and John back towards the end - (it'll probably take then all of a day or less to plan some 'event.' :lol)

Give fans what they've been waiting for.

Back