Superman line from Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Superman line from Mattel?

I put this together using the mattel superman suit on Triad Omega body,he has the Les walker painted head sculpt,It looks decent enough for display until the HT sup's is released.
supermanwithmattelsuit002.jpg

reevephoto5.jpg

supermanwithmattelsuit001.jpg

Well, that's just stupid. Matty still has 'em in stock. :huh

I suppose it could have something to do with shipping, though. It's possible that Mattel only ships to certain countries so eBay might be a last resort.

Perhaps...

I used to shop them through Ebay because for a time, the only shipping option for France was UPS. And with UPS, you never escape custom fees, making a $100 price point a real deal in comparison.

However, now they offer the USPS option. Maybe it's still not the case in some countries...

I saw that on e-bay and I was just laughing. It is still available at Matty. I think Zod lasted for a month or so before being pulled by Matty.

The funny part is that I was so worried it would sell out before I had a chance to order it, that I made sure to be on the computer at 12 noon Eastern Time just when it went up for sale.

The funny part is that I was so worried it would sell out before I had a chance to order it, that I made sure to be on the computer at 12 noon Eastern Time just when it went up for sale.

same here bud,who would of known.:gah:

same here bud,who would of known.:gah:

Welcome to the club, pals! :rotfl

Having had a long drought on anything superman Reeve, I am ecstatic to get this figure. The price range is perfect for what I want from it and I can afford to get two because of the price. People will have different opinions about this figure, heck, they'll have the same thing about the Hot toys version.
The good thing too, is that having this figure on hand eases the torture of waiting for HT's reveal for me plus the time of the actual release.
SO I say buy it because it is a great figure for a great price. As long as you're happy with what you get, then it's all good.
I think these great pictures of it in action is what Mattel should have been showing us in the first place.

Agree entirely.

Got mine today, and Mattel has done a fantastic job. The sculpted likeness is excellent, and is only hampered by the "toy-like" paint apps, primarily the way the eyes are painted. A proper repaint will make this a home run. At $60, this is all the Reeve Superman I'll ever need.

I'm in Scotland and got mine last Tuesday but I ordered as soon as he was available and chose UPS.
You won't be disappointed as he looks far better in hand than in the photos. The head is nowhere near as shiny as you'd think.
I can't wait until somebody has repainted the head though. Even with with the mediocre paint job it's one of the best Reeve heads I've seen and it'll be a killer when it's painted properly.

Thanks Tomk! :D

So I don't have to worry then! UPS is always faster than USPS, adding the Xmas festivities, employees taking vacation and the huge amount of snow we've had lately, no wonder it takes more time than usual!

thanks, man! :D

just received mine yesterday afternoon. have to say i am impressed. pics don't do this figure justice. like everyone else has said he is no where near as glossy as some of the pics would indicate. the joints on mine are super tight as well. for $60 this guy is an A+ all the way. awesome, awesome figure.

hi just asking ,if anyone has a spare one of these or is thinking of selling it please let me know :pray: ,loose is fine ,im not bothered about the fortress bits or the spare hands or stand ,keep those to pimp out your hot toys version:) thanks in advance :)cheers chris

hey thanks for your interest and reply ,the problem is ,im in the uk and if i buy dieect from matty ,i get stand a good chance of getting stuck with customs charges ,witch amount to almost as much as the figure,and as i only really want the bare bones figure loose ,and from what i see on the net ,some people are dissapointed with this figure ,i thought maybee we could help each other out :) cheers chris

I had to pay seventeen pounds something customs charges and that was with UPS shipping. I guess it depends how much you want it. For me it was a simple decision. As a life long fan (more decades than I like seeing written down :) ) I wanted this figure as quickly as possible.

And I haven't seen too many folk who actually have the figure who are unhappy with it. But good luck anyway.

I actually ordered 2 more besides the one I already have which i customized with a different head and body,I ordered them for the suits,I have a couple more nice custom heads that I want to swap with and the suit alone is worth the $60.

Back