Superman line from Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Superman line from Mattel?

He is realy cool looking.
Not so much as a Reeve Superman, though the likeness is there.

He looks more like A comic book superman from the Late 80's.

Which makes sense, as those versions of superman were kinda sorta drawn to Look LIKE reeve, but not be Reeve.

which, for the record, is a MAJOR reason why I want one.

Which makes sense, as those versions of superman were kinda sorta drawn to Look LIKE reeve, but not be Reeve.

which, for the record, is a MAJOR reason why I want one.

Yeah, all of Mattel's movie figures have that cartoon-ish look. Kind of like them.

I thought the same thing...he's kind of got a John Byrne thing going on. :rock

i wonder if they kept that weird chest articulation. It would be interesting to pose him with his arms crossed. I keep thinking those legs are out of proportion to the upper part of the body.

i wonder if they kept that weird chest articulation. It would be interesting to pose him with his arms crossed.

I would like to pose him with his arms crossed if they still have that cool articulation.
I keep thinking those legs are out of proportion to the upper part of the body.

Nothing a pit of cotton or soft foam can't fix

I can see Reeve in the face shot. A custom paint job would probably do wonders. The lower half of that body, however, is a hot mess...PS

Considering how good Zod looked in-hand, I highly doubt that.

People are too spoiled by Sideshow, hot toys, and Medicom.

This is a 60$, Low-end figure. He looks fine for what he is.

Considering how good Zod looked in-hand, I highly doubt that.

People are too spoiled by Sideshow, hot toys, and Medicom.

This is a 60$, Low-end figure. He looks fine for what he is.

Thank you. I couldn't agree more. The figure isn't bad really.

The head sculpt seems to be pretty good actually, but is completely ruined by the atrocious paint apps.

Why are these photos so often taken by people who have no real understanding or appreciation of the subject? I think there's real potential here and if that figure had been photographed by somebody on this board I'm sure they'd have been far better. Why is the suit sitting uneven at times, and why are the boots not pulled up properly? Simple things that would have made him look so much better.
Still I'll be doing my best to pick this up.

While I agree that they could have done a better job futzing the suit and posing him for the pictures, the paint job on the head is just hideous.

I didn't know Superman had a vag.

Fabric boots !! Urgh!! there right in every other way, but Urgh! Fabric. Think I'm gonna be making boots again.
But with a repaint too, I think It'll look pretty good.
Does the console light up!

Why are these photos so often taken by people who have no real understanding or appreciation of the subject? I think there's real potential here and if that figure had been photographed by somebody on this board I'm sure they'd have been far better. Why is the suit sitting uneven at times, and why are the boots not pulled up properly? Simple things that would have made him look so much better.
Still I'll be doing my best to pick this up.

I don't mind, personally, because if that's as bad as the figure looks in photos, Mattel did a pretty damn good job for a $60 figure.

Back