Superman line from Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Superman line from Mattel?

Any word on whether this will be released as planned?

Well, it's been pretty quiet on the Matty front, so I'd say it's business as usual. Expect it to be on sale tomorrow as planned.

That said, don't be shocked if it's not; The 9" Green Arrow was pushed back to the 23rd just today and it was scheduled for release tomorrow.

Such is the wonderous, magical, maddening world of Mattel and his infuriating mascot Matty. One never knows.

Hello, I'm the new guy but I thought I'd go ahead & post my question...Are they planning on creating other Characters other than Zod?

I will wait for Hot Toys.

I had to pick this one up.... I am such a Zod fanatic (Terence Stamp version anyway). Can't wait to have my other figures kneel before him.

I think I may transplant my Zod onto a narrow shoulder TT. It should look good, since the Mattel base body has broad shoulders and Stamp should have a slender frame.

This is my first and last figure from the Superman line from Mattel. I picked it up because he is from my favorite Superman movie. I only took a pic of the headsculpt because that was my biggest concern. The outfit in fine; looks much better inperson than those pics on Mattel's site. He comes in a white box similar to the GB figures except with the Supes logo. the inner box is just like the GB figure with the little locker thing except it's a bookcase. The head sculpt is nice, but not $60 nice. The GB figures I can justify the price because of the outfit even with the soft sculpt (Egon came out better than Ray). This piece comes with less accessories and the soft, hollow head ain't cutting it. I ain't taking out of the box yet, so don't ask. I'm off to open my venom ex. com.:naughty
33penfr.jpg

It does kinda look like Stamp but the paint apps are very generic and there's now wow factor to 'em at all. Is there any sculpt to the facial hair? It looks very muttled.

Looks better than Ray...
What accessories does it have?
Egon looks better than Ray. A broken shotgun (hasbroish quality), extra hands (didn't really look at the gestures), and a stand.

It does kinda look like Stamp but the paint apps are very generic and there's now wow factor to 'em at all. Is there any sculpt to the facial hair? It looks very muttled.

No wow, just a uhmf:dunno. Nothing sculpted all paint just like GB figures.

Back