Superman line from Mattel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Superman line from Mattel?

A swap onto a true type body and a repaint of the head will probably work wonders. As is, his head looks gargantuan on that skinny body.

If they're going to be the quality that Zod figure appears to be (except for that inexplicable red :huh), I'm very excited.

I assume these are going to be website exclusive like those Ghostbusters?

Probably. Makes you wonder how Zod can look so good and the GB only so-so?

I think with a body swap that could have some potential. This is getting very interesting seeing all these Reeve products in a short period of time.

Lets just hope this figure is just a stand-in until HT answers the call :rock

Zod wasn't a big guy anyway, plus those clothes are baggy. And supes is the oppsosite tight outfit and more muscle.

A swap onto a true type body and a repaint of the head will probably work wonders. As is, his head looks gargantuan on that skinny body.

problem is the body is so skinny, the suit may not fit on a bulkier body.

zod looked so good(for a mass produced figure). the superman looks like one of those superman impersonators you see on the hollywood streets.

https://www.therealsuperhero.com/

oh well, with DC making a statue, that cinematic piece and now mattell getting into the chris reeve game, it's only a matter of time till hot toys makes one.

Yeah id like to see hot toys do a really decent superman. The last 1 was fine dont get me wrong but he needs to be a bit more...well better.

mg9354.jpg

img9567.jpg

Headsculpt actually looks pretty decent in these pics. I don't know why he is wearing knee high boots though.

Last edited:

Reminds me a bit of the old Mego figure I had when I was a kid. Not terribly accurate. But, fun if the price is right. I'll probably buy my kid one. Kinda kitschy.

SnakeDoc

i'm not surprised that Zod looks better than Superman; Reeve is a notoriously hard likeness to capture, a little like Harrison Ford. The skinny body doesn't matter because the body can be replaced; as for the head, it is pretty good, but fails because the chin is off (too big basically!).

It's a little like the SSC Belloq; did anyone see mfisher's custom take on Belloq? He filed down Belloq's huge chin, and I can see something similar here turning it into a good enough likeness. File down the chin, repaint, stick the body on a truetype and you have a great toy.

Or hopefully Mattel will read this thread and do it themselves before the figure goes into production.

I get this feel when I look at the figure...
skinnysuperman.jpg

Depending on how its tailored, that costuming and head might look good on the newer thinner Wolverine body from HT.

The body is terrible... no denying that, but like the Ghostbusters figures I could see enough value in him as a good start to a better figure.

Back