Supergirl Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this when it leaked a few months ago. As a huge fan of the Superman family I really enjoyed it. Benoist is superbly cast and really does give us the excitement with her powers.

Hopefully the rest of the season is a fun ride.

If you like grim & gritty then this aint for you.

So this is the pilot right? I can skip it, I saw the leaked version months ago :lol

Yeah it was a fun ride, no different from the Flash, other than the issues I've already talked about, i.e. Alpha male James Olsen :lol it looks like a pretty good show.

Plus, Benoist is a qt3.14

PP1gAN1.jpg

I DVR'd it but will probably wait to watch until I have a few of them. From what I've seen so far I'm not terribly impressed. I have a feeling I'm going to fast-forward through any part where she's not Supergirl. I'm interested in seeing what they do with the villains though.

I thought the first episode was really cheesy.... they stole a few ideas from the first superman movie, one being she saves a plane then the bad guy gets in touch with her by using a high frequency that only she can hear like Lex Luther did.... They refuse to say Clark, Kal-El or even Superman, they keep referring to him as "He" through the whole episode like if you said Superman to many times Beatle Juice would show up...

I mentioned this in the other forum... On Stargate SG-1, the actress who plays Sam Carter said the reason the role works so well and fits in with the other characters was because they wrote it as if she was a man, then she would just add in female touches in her acting... this made it feel more real.... The problem with Supergirl is they wrote her as a real girly girl... I assume this was to attract female viewers but I think it will backfire... They should of wrote her more of a tom boy...

I will say the special effects look really good....

I'm sure the first episode with have high ratings as people will be curious but I predict the ratings will drop off big time over the next 3-4 episodes... if the numbers start dipping into the 8 million and below I can see this being cancelled pretty quick as CBS requires it's big shows to have really high numbers to stick around... IMO this would of been a better fit on CW network...

I would totally watch any show where Superman fights Beetlejuice! That sounds AMAZING! :clap

So, is it good?

I liked it. It didn't blow me away, but the effects were good and for a pilot, I liked it a lot. I think it has potential. The main actress is going to take some time to get used to. She's almost too nerdy/trying too hard/something - when she's playing Kara. But when she's playing Supergirl. I loved the attitude and everything about her.

Then again, maybe that's what they're going for since she needs a 'secret identity.'

So, is it good?

Well, if it's the same as the leaked pilot, then no, I think it was bad. On a scale of 10, I'd rate it 3.5. It good have been okay, but the whole secret agency think with her sister part of it was cheesy as hell. The FX are mediocre at best. I don't think I'll bother giving it another chance, and this coming from a huge Superman fan.

The only good thing was Benoist, and that's also a Mea Culpa from me because she was the element I didn't like when this was announced. It turned out as the only good choice.

I think her sister said "Superman" at one point. Also will Helen Slater and Dean Cain show again? I hope. They didn't have any dialogue. I figure they would show again if Kara goes back home for advice to visit or something.

The show was ok. I like the Supergirl charater was pretty likeable. It was kind of annoying how obvious they avoided mentioning Superman by name. I knew that would be difficult to work around why he wasn't around, but it was still annoying. Also, I think they will need to rework the supporting cast a bit. Every signal charater introduced except Cat Grant knows her secret identity.

The show was ok. I like the Supergirl charater was pretty likeable. It was kind of annoying how obvious they avoided mentioning Superman by name. I knew that would be difficult to work around why he wasn't around, but it was still annoying. Also, I think they will need to rework the supporting cast a bit. Every signal charater introduced except Cat Grant knows her secret identity.

Somebody was typing on the run :lol Just messing with you.

Did she seriously say "that's kryptonese writing"? The writers couldn't even get kryptonian right.

Back